User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychics etc

MBTI
    INTP

My test for "realness" of psychic phenomenon reports:

If they seem anxious for you to believe it, and are trying to convince you...it's probably a scam.

If they seem anxious that nobody ever know about it, and are reticent to speak of it...it's probably something that really happened.

As always, the interpretation of the report giver must be considered, but I'm far more likely to listen to someone who seems worried I'm going to think they're nuts.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INTP

I'd really love to hear from the psychics on the board. I've always been interested in psychic phenomena, and I'd love to hear of some firsthand experiences.

I always get excited when the paranormal/psychic/ghost shows come on tv.

MBTI
    intp

What are "dark" people?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    What are "dark" people?
    you

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I think parapsychology is an interesting science that could be studied. Most of the people who claim to be 'psychics' are swindlers, but I think some could be right.
    Those damn "s" words again.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    Those damn "s" words again.
    "S"?
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

Senor Membrane Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    What are "dark" people?
    I'm not sure but I think psychopath is a very suitable description.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'd really love to hear from the psychics on the board. I've always been interested in psychic phenomena, and I'd love to hear of some firsthand experiences.
    The woman I mentioned earlier worked with me and told on a coffee break that she has some skills in this area. I was like "ok.. sure.." and she wanted to prove it so she told me my zodiac sign and the signs of all the people who worked there. I was a bit suspicious, but she was right with all of them. But, it got really interesting when she called a woman the next week (we were telemarketing) and the discussion went like:

- Hello, I am calling from ... We have a discount ... (the normal stuff we said to everyone)
    I cant hear what the woman says but it sounds like she isn't interested in buying any of the magazines. Then ...
    - Excuse me for asking but, are you pregnant?
    At this point I am like "WTF" you can't ask something like that.
    - Well, we have this "Baby" magazine which is great for new mothers to learn about the things you need to know when having a baby.

At that point I was sure she really has some skills. She sold the baby magazine.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    you

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I'm not sure but I think psychopath is a very suitable description..
    Oh. I thought they had something to do with pyschics/the supernatural. So it's a negative attribute, then, not merely a neutral descriptor for unusual . . . talents.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Senior Member Array GinKuusouka's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

I don't know anyone even relatively well-known that is psychic. But I will say that I believe in psychic awareness. Some of those who claim to be psychic are thieves playing on the gullibility of those who are just that. Gullible. But there are those with an extra sensitivity so that they can sense this stuff. It's almost like having a radio based in Indianapolis. And for whatever reason- I'm not that technical, so I'll leave that bit up to the imagination- it picks up frequencies from farther away, say like Chicago, that the other radios don't get. I know it's not the best example, but hopefully to at least get an idea of what I mean across. Some people seem to be a bit more sensitive to certain frequencies than others. That's what I believe about being psychic anyway.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

Senior Member Array StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Some of those who claim to be psychic are thieves playing on the gullibility of those who are just that. Gullible.
    Can anyone give it up for Miss Cleo? [remember her? Anybody?? ]. How about John Edwards? :steam:

Anyhow, I fully believe in psychic awareness but there is sometimes such a fine line between what can be considered psychic phenomena or just pure coincidence based off of information one already knows which might lend to a very likely situation. I read somewhere [here or on an INFJ profile page] that INFJ types are prone to psychic experiences more-so than other types. I haven't the foggiest if it's actually true. I would suspect that any person could have a psychic experience; the question is whether they would accept it when it happened or would they overlook it completely for lack of comprehension as to what it was.

Perhaps there is something to be said about those who have strong connections with others in relation to those who have psychic experiences. Such as a twin bond, or having a close connection with a friend or other family member-- when something bad happens, the other person can 'sense' it even if they are hundreds of miles away. Stories like that always intrigue me..

As for personal experiences...I guess I've had a few. I have gotten very strong 'notions' about something, usually soon before it happens. i.e., about a couple months ago or so one of our employees was fired and it botched up a good portion of our scheduling for the rest of the week. I went to work with a very strong feeling that I would be asked to stay until closing, rather than work a three hour shift, to cover for the employee who had been fired days before. I had it in my head that I would turn it down [closing time is particularly stressful for me ]. I got to work and come to find out, my 'feeling' was wrong-- but only by a small variant: I was going to be forced to stay until close [or risk losing my job] and was not notified of this until I arrived for my shift.

That much could fall under coincidental- I'd be lying if I said it was my only experience, however. Today, I had a strange glimpse of the idea that the cashier coming to relieve me at 4 PM wouldn't be able to come into work. She's a responsible girl and very rarely calls in sick or for any other reason. Lo and behold, a few hours later, quarter til the end of my shift...she walks in to speak with our manager...tearfully explaining that she'd just been kicked out of her home and couldn't work her shift.

I've also had dreams about things far in advance to actual events. I once dreamed about the sort of cat I would get [hoping and praying to nothing in particular that I wished I could find out if I'd ever get a pet kitty]. I dreamed of a black and white kitten patterned like a cow, and a few years later...my mom's friend's cat had kittens and there was only one kitten who looked just like the one in my dream. Of course, she's the one I chose. Also, about any time that I've ever dreamed about my grandmother, I know that I can expect a phone call from her soon after I wake up [and it is generally not always a social call-- more like a 'how come you haven't paid on this...' and then it gradually turns social].

Anywho, I'm not thoroughly convinced these are 'psychic' experiences, however, I'm not completely convinced that they are purely coincidental, either.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast