User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Psychics etc

MBTI
    INFP

I am also an empath and I believe both in skilled cold reading and sharp intuitivity.

But I'm sure not gonna say somethin' stoopid and subject myself to the scorn of disbelievers! Hee.

"It can't be proven." so there's no use discussing this for me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hmm, excluding my mother's crazy dreams, she primarily reads people while directly or closely interacting with them. She sees through/reads/gets people via their eyes. Within mere seconds she can get a pretty accurate and cohesive picture of the essence of a person.

I too read people really well but not as quickly, cohesively and accurately as my mother does. For me, there are certain people, who deeply affect me, their energy/aura/what-have-you, leave strong and lasting impressions on me. Also, I very often get visions of people (that I know), and these visions are an accumulation of flashes of them doing/experiencing various things.
    I see the difference there... Actually, the only psychic who I really believed could see things was working with me at a telemarketing company, and now that I think about this, she was probably your mother's type, since she could actually articulate what she saw.

But your style sounds more like something I do (which I have never thought to be "psychic" stuff), I just look at people and know stuff without being able to put it into words. I've thought this is mostly reading body language, but sometimes I have this feeling like I've seen a dream about a person before I've met him.

I am also very sensitive to "dark" people. I know within seconds upon meeting someone if they are dark or not, (mind you, this is incredibly rare, since most people are not dark, thank god ).
    I think I can do that too. Something about some people seem "inhuman", like they don't have emotions. This hasn't happened but once or twice, though...

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    "It can't be proven." so there's no use discussing this for me.
    We're not scientists here, so go ahead. I find it a bit silly that people openly talk about god they believe in, but are uncomfortable talking about their personal spiritual experiences. To me personal experience would be a lot more useful than intellectual study of religion...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Also, I very often get visions of people (that I know), and these visions are an accumulation of flashes of them doing/experiencing various things.
    I also do this. Can you give an example of what you mean by this?
    I do have a subconscious registry of archetypal types of human beings and behaviors, many faces look familiar to me, and a familiar face triggers a memory which triggers a feeling, sense, or picture about this "new" person that is often accurate.
    Again, I also experience this. So, is it archetypes that I should be reading about to help me understand why this is happening? And how do you know that your sense about the person is accurate?
    I am also very sensitive to "dark" people. I know within seconds upon meeting someone if they are dark or not, (mind you, this is incredibly rare, since most people are not dark, thank god ).
    Well, most people are not dark, but some are. I find them to be quite interesting.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

For example, I know this forum is a virtual meeting place for all types of people but somehow I'm getting the feeling that there are people here who actually know me or know of me in RL. I don't know who they are though and don't know how to confirm it. I can guess, but guessing isn't confirmation.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    Well, most people are not dark, but some are. I find them to be quite interesting.
    They are creepy, not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    For example, I know this forum is a virtual meeting place for all types of people but somehow I'm getting the feeling that there are people here who actually know me or know of me in RL. I don't know who they are though and don't know how to confirm it. I can guess, but guessing isn't confirmation.
    Well, you could post your real name at the bonfire and ask...

MBTI
    INTP

Re: dark people, I've put my finger on what identifies them as such to me...it's the eyes, they never match the smile.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    They are creepy, not interesting.
    Oh, so I'm surrounded by creeps. Wonderful.

MBTI
    INxJ

Psychics, Santa Claus, and Soul Mates are not real.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think parapsychology is an interesting science that could be studied. Most of the people who claim to be 'psychics' are swindlers, but I think some could be right.

It's just a possibility.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug: