User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Psychics etc

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Oh I see what you're saying. But wouldn't you think that an ISFJ would be more confident in that area than an INFJ? I would also say that she's too detail oriented to be INFJ, but she is in her mid fifties.
    As Carl Jung said our first half of our life is to build our ego, the second half of our life should be to improve ourselves (individuation)

When people are older, the functions are harder to differentiate unless they're unhealthy for a while as they are much more balanced. I would ask what her interests may be when she was young and if she allows it may illuminate your understanding. Although my parents are very private about what they did as children which never really made sense to me, but yeah.

Define sensory intuition to me though?

Si is looking for a method to be comfortable in and enmeshed in. It would contradict what intuition is, as intuition looks past the surface and tries to see the inner workings of something. Applying a routine method is not intuitive by any means. Of course ISJ's don't live in a world where Si can flourish alone and may have to occasionally change their methods as life is ever changing via other functions.

I am starting to like the word "detail oriented" less for sensors, because practically every job description asks you to be detail oriented. INJ's learn details of things they are exclusively interested in to extreme depths if they so desire. But are they sensors? No.
    Likes meowington liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    63X sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    As Carl Jung said our first half of our life is to build our ego, the second half of our life should be to improve ourselves (individuation)

When people are older, the functions are harder to differentiate unless they're unhealthy for a while as they are much more balanced. I would ask what her interests may be when she was young and if she allows it may illuminate your understanding. Although my parents are very private about what they did as children which never really made sense to me, but yeah.

Define sensory intuition to me though?

Si is looking for a method to be comfortable in and enmeshed in. It would contradict what intuition is, as intuition looks past the surface and tries to see the inner workings of something. Applying a routine method is not intuitive by any means. Of course ISJ's don't live in a world where Si can flourish alone and may have to occasionally change their methods as life is ever changing via other functions.

I am starting to like the word "detail oriented" less for sensors, because practically every job description asks you to be detail oriented. INJ's learn details of things they are exclusively interested in to extreme depths if they so desire. But are they sensors? No.
    Well my mom wasn't talking about mbti intuition when she said she was intutive. She claimed to be able to tell what type of clothes I would like without me telling her. I know that doesn't sound like "real" intuition, but that's just what she told me.

And if sensors aren't detailed then what exactly are they? Aren't details the opposite of concepts (which is usually how people distinguish the two).

Of course INXJs can notice and work with details, but it's not their natural mode. I believe the world of details is myour mom's natural mode.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Well my mom wasn't talking about mbti intuition when she said she was intutive. She claimed to be able to tell what type of clothes I would like without me telling her. I know that doesn't sound like "real" intuition, but that's just what she told me.

And if sensors aren't detailed then what exactly are they? Aren't details the opposite of concepts (which is usually how people distinguish the two).

Of course INXJs can notice and work with details, but it's not their natural mode. I believe the world of details is myour mom's natural mode.
    Well that's just Fe in general, Fe looks outside themselves for other's likes and preferences. Ni can help Fe find patterns with what people like as well as combine with Ti and Se for better selection for you. I would think Si appeals more to a certain worldview of how you would dress whereas Ni is more flexible and expressive because Se's lack of selective perception over external stimuli.

Well, Si sensors and Se sensors may have things in common for attention to detail and being "present" but I thought of also how Se has this "physical intuition" which is in a sense, being present with things but it isn't far-reaching but rather great in being in tune with the environment. Si is more of what I'd like to think of a painter of objects in their own mind, the more they are exposed to something the clearer they perceive that item and have a greater potential than Ni would (if it is not exactly preferred to the Ni user) to master that subject or object. Si does have some advantages over Ni. So it isn't my argument to say I am better than others, because obviously I have many things to work on. Anyway, back to Si, so because Si is now exposed to certain things, they can be "practical" with those things, and perhaps would like specialize in it. They focus on the sensation of the object, the surface. Like in one YouTube example, like an Si user could collect trains and learn every aspect of a train in a way they would have factual knowledge of all the trains there are in the world and how they work or events that took place with those trains. It is just a preference for a certain knowledge.

Yes, as with things in general for the INJ. Ni has a fixation to only learn things that seem meaningful to the individual, therefore making learning difficult of a general nature, where as Dominant Ne's do not select ideas so seriously as Ni does thus information is easier to remember for the Ne user. (Parallel to how Si would want certain sensations more than an Se user would care for)

From Carl Jung on Introverted Intuition:

Introverted intuition is directed to the inner object, a term that might justly be applied to the contents of the unconscious. . . .
    Although his intuition may be stimulated by external objects, it does not concern itself with external possibilities but with what the external object has released within him. . . .
    In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extroverted sensation registers external objects. For intuition, therefore, unconscious images acquire the dignity of things.
    (C.G. Jung Psychological Types, 398-399)
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir

Founder of Serious Level
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    EII None

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.“ ~ Schopenhauer

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    NTp Ti

I may be on the side of the Angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them. - Sherlock

Alignment: True Neutral
    Likes meowington, CitizenErased liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    From Carl Jung on Introverted Intuition:

Introverted intuition is directed to the inner object, a term that might justly be applied to the contents of the unconscious. . . .
    Although his intuition may be stimulated by external objects, it does not concern itself with external possibilities but with what the external object has released within him. . . .
    In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extroverted sensation registers external objects. For intuition, therefore, unconscious images acquire the dignity of things.
    (C.G. Jung Psychological Types, 398-399)
    When reading the above it is important to remember that Carl Jung suffered from a florid psychosis as evidenced in his diary called The Red Book.

And it is important to remember that The Red Book was hidden for eighty years in a locked safe to order to deceive the followers of Carl Jung.

And interestingly the deception continues today as it seems to have a life of its own.

So what do they take us for?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Quick! some psychic tell me when and how I'm going to die.
    kthxbye
    your heart and brain will eventually stop

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI None

I question the intent of the people who come into these kinds of topics just to say these things don't exist. Anyway, to answer the OP...

I've known someone who told me about my past lives as I was in the process of remembering them. It was an odd and exciting experience. She also cleaned my aura, which I felt. She helped me a lot through what was probably the hardest part of my life... I doubt I'd still be here today if it wasn't for her help and "their" guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Anyone know any psychics, mediums or such?
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910