123 Last

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Default Am I an Atheist?

This is what I believe in:
    "God" is a synonym for "the reason the world exists".
    I believe there is a reason for everything, so I believe in God.
    But I believe the universe has always existed, and this world is just one of many before.
    Also, I believe the world was created through the laws of physics, biological evolution, and chemistry.
    That's the reason why the world exists, in my opinion, so that would mean
    The laws of physics are God. They are the reason we exist. They are what bind us to this planet. They are responsible for everything.
    I believe in God by definition, but not in a deity.

Now to the question: Does that count as Atheism, or Deism?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling
    Likes gromit liked this post

Deism would entail faith in a transcendental creator god. You don't believe in this. You're an atheist redundantly labeling things already sufficiently labeled.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm a Jedi. I kind of think the Force is real... not in the sense that there are magic powers, but in the sense that everything is purely deterministic, and the thing to do is understand the chain of cause and effect.

You can't always change what's going to happen to you, but if you can understand it, then it's not so scary.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Deism would entail faith in a transcendental creator god. You don't believe in this. You're an atheist redundantly labeling things already sufficiently labeled.
    You are one scary muthafucka... Seriously. Your picture was a jumpscare to me, and what's with that signature? You are one troll!
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling
    Likes Bknight liked this post

If you believe in the possibility of a creating entity but put no faith in any single one until he reveals himself, you are Agnostic.
    If you believe there is no possibility of a creating entity whatsoever, you are Atheist.
    If you believe in a creating entity who gives no concern to humans and has never communicated with them, you are Deist.

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

You aren't atheist. Also, the fact that you list yourself as 7w1 probably isn't good. 7 disintegrates to 1.

Atheists are assholes in denial.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

thing about atheism is it is religious...it states that there is no deity, it therefore states a meaning of negating a deity and therefore is a religion since any meaning or attribute on existence serves the religious function of the brain..a human cannot part from the religious function of the brain, which is now pure science so even reductionists must admit it, and therefore no one cannot be religious..unless that part of your brain is missing.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    thing about atheism is it is religious...it states that there is no deity, it therefore states a meaning of negating a deity and therefore is a religion since any meaning or attribute on existence serves the religious function of the brain..a human cannot part from the religious function of the brain, which is now pure science so even reductionists must admit it, and therefore no one cannot be religious..unless that part of your brain is missing.
    Atheism does not fit the definition of religion at all. Some can act religious by being very fervant in their stance, but that doesn't make it a religion.

This also just sounds like a bunch of psychobabble. Of course someone can be free of religion. You are trying to make a connection that isn't there. There isn't some "religious part" of the brain. That is nonsense. All there is is areas that are often activated in those who are religious.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Passacaglia, /DG/ liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Atheism does not fit the definition of religion at all. Some can act religious by being very fervant in their stance, but that doesn't make it a religion.

This also just sounds like a bunch of psychobabble. Of course someone can be free of religion. You are trying to make a connection that isn't there. There isn't some "religious part" of the brain. That is nonsense. All there is is areas that are often activated in those who are religious.
    I am not religious at all, yet I still allow myself the luxury of feeling appreciation for the natural world I am lucky enough to observe. I did not have to be conceived, but I was.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes gromit liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    You aren't atheist. Also, the fact that you list yourself as 7w1 probably isn't good. 7 disintegrates to 1.

Atheists are assholes in denial.
    I am going to take it that you meant that humorously. I believe that empathy and compassion should be central to our relations with others, yet I do not believe in gods. I treat others kindly because I want to be treated kindly myself. I try not to be a hypocrite.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Passacaglia, gromit, /DG/ liked this post