User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Attack

  1. #31
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    I'm an atheist. I like Phil. I like old-time Southern good ol' boys. I hate the show Duck Dynasty because it's too scripted. But I like it when genuine good ol' boys do their thing naturally.

    Phil can say what he wants. It's fun to see. Heat doesn't bother me.
    Well at least we could have a beer together.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Well at least we could have a beer together.
    Definitely. Soon as I get out of prison.

  3. #33
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I'll make specific responses tomorrow.

    For now I'll say that many of you are in a malaise.
    You are frogs being slowly boiled and you like the comfort of the heat.
    Until someone like Phil comes along and turns up the heat making you jump and be aware of the real consequence of heat.
    And you hate him for it and only want to be returned to the comfort of the slow boil and ignore the reality of the heat.
    LMAO . Oh, oh this is rich.

    1. You're not going to get anyone to respect you, or listen to you approaching it like this. You're basically saying "I'm right, you're wrong and there's nothing you can do about it!". Cue everyone else digging their heels in and pushing back. It leaves no room for discussion or movement. Which is flat illogical because you can't even prove either side in the first place.

    2. This is the exact kind of fear mongering that turns a lot of people off to religion in the first place. It's one step back from "believe or die!". If you actually wanted to solve things from your religious view standpoint, you'd not approach it from this angle. This sort of stance garners 0 respect for anyone with half a brain. So at the end of the day, this (ironic because of the thread title) appears like nothing more than a direct attack on anyone who doesn't share your views.

    3. This is absolutely laughable that you're aligning yourself with this guy. It's such a blatently obvious case of "slippery slope" that holds no salt and hasn't, nor will it come to pass. People do not need religion to function. Period.

    4. This is more or less just vindictive.


    Based off this I am just going to assume you meant what I guessed in your previous post which said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Seriously, I don't understand why Christians are expected to shoulder the burden of the hell that lies within their system of beliefs and yet atheists don't have to shoulder the burden of the absolute abyss that lurks beneath all their beliefs.
    You know what this boils down to "WAHHHH! I have to live in fear! It's not FAIR that others don't have to suffer like I do! They should suffer too goddamnit!". ...that is absolutely completely pathetic, childish, and flat cruel. Instead of wanting to raise other people up you want to drag them down? This isn't any different than tumblr SJW folk who want to knock down anyone who isn't multiple minoritys a peg. Except, this is actually worse since you've aligned yourself with someone who has said things that suggest direct harm to other people. It's been suggested and suspected by a lot of people here that you look down on atheists and non believers like yourself, but man this really sheds light on how really low you think of them.

    While I do understand a lot of this is stemming what appears to be like fear and desire to protect the world, and not so much out of direct anger. Oh ho, that doesn't change it though. Not at all. This is about as low as low can get. Good luck digging out of this one.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes /DG/, The Wailing Specter liked this post

  4. #34
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I am too, but I point it out because it's really not an excuse; there's a valid truth of nurture gone wrong and I don't know if it's possible to change people that weren't taught from the time they were little kids to be respectful to themselves and others. There's clearly something missing or not right with them in the head.
    Well I agree with that. Same as there is something wrong with this father that feels that speaking to his atheist son - “The reality is, you’re talking to a dead person.”

    Father Of Atheist Tells CNN His Son Is 'a Dead Person' Because That's What the Bible Teaches - The Daily Banter
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  5. #35
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well I agree with that. Same as there is something wrong with this father that feels that speaking to his atheist son - “The reality is, you’re talking to a dead person.”

    Father Of Atheist Tells CNN His Son Is 'a Dead Person' Because That's What the Bible Teaches - The Daily Banter
    I'm not really sure I understand this statement unless his son is comatose.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well I agree with that. Same as there is something wrong with this father that feels that speaking to his atheist son - “The reality is, you’re talking to a dead person.”

    Father Of Atheist Tells CNN His Son Is 'a Dead Person' Because That's What the Bible Teaches - The Daily Banter
    I think that's abusive, and definitely not what the Bible teaches Christians to say to their children or anyone for that matter. Faith, hope, love... 1 Corinthians 13:4-13...

    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Likes The Wailing Specter, Totenkindly liked this post

  7. #37
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I think that's abusive, and definitely not what the Bible teaches Christians to say to their children or anyone for that matter. Faith, hope, love... 1 Corinthians 13:4-13...

    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Ehh...well maybe. But there is also a lot in the Bible about stoning people to death. There are a lot of archaic laws there. Obviously in this day and age, these passages are rejected. But it's a bit odd that such a text is still followed when only certain pieces are emphasized.

    Example (killing followers of other religions): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-5&version=NIV
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm not really sure I understand this statement unless his son is comatose.
    I think he means dead in spirit. It's unkind to tell someone that; the father lacks discretion and Christian Jesus principles of agape love for ALL people.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Ehh...well maybe. But there is also a lot in the Bible about stoning people to death. There are a lot of archaic laws there. Obviously in this day and age, these passages are rejected. But it's a bit odd that such a text is still followed when only certain pieces are emphasized.

    Example (killing followers of other religions): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-5&version=NIV
    That's in the old testament and perhaps taken out of context or misinterpreted. Without getting into a deep philosophical discussion, I'll simply say, the Bible is a love story and God is love. That's the big picture. Many Christians get it and some don't. The father in the article @ceecee posted doesn't get it.

  10. #40
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    I'm an atheist. I like Phil. I like old-time Southern good ol' boys. I hate the show Duck Dynasty because it's too scripted. But I like it when genuine good ol' boys do their thing naturally.

    Phil can say what he wants. It's fun to see. Heat doesn't bother me.
    I just wanted to see some fireworks. :p
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

Similar Threads

  1. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  2. Anxiety/Panic attacks
    By The Third Rider in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 05:34 AM
  3. Conservative attacks on health confirmed
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
  4. "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to be remade...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO