User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm ok with cussing, but I don't think they are old enough to know what they are talking about. They are being used as pawns to a dubious cause.

The saddest part was the shift between the sassy, yet inquiring, tone of the children to the downright condescending tone of the two 'empowered women'.
    Likes KitchenFly liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ok, enough liberal bashing

xoxo
    Likes Hard, Crabs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm ok with cussing, but I don't think they are old enough to know what they are talking about. They are being used as pawns to a dubious cause.

The saddest part was the shift between the sassy, yet inquiring, tone of the children to the downright condescending tone of the two 'empowered women'.
    What types do you see the two downright condescending empowered women as being? @Rasofy

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    641 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Different types than the three upright egalitarian powerful men, clearly.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I just see this as part and parcel of the degeneration that's going on, I'm not even sure people have a clue what's being lost.

When all civility and social learning/memory has been wiped out and the world is functioning like Memento it's not like any kind of back tracking or second thoughts will be possible by then.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I had mixed feelings.

Not sure of the ages. 5-8, perhaps? As far as "indoctrination" goes, parents are indoctrinating children with values in any family by that point. Is it wrong to indoctrinate your children to believe the world was made in 7 days and other matters of bad science or that particular deities do or don't exist? And kids are paraded in public to espouse the "good values" their parents have taught them, whether it's feminism or religion or civic duty or politics or whatever else. (I could go on, but you get my drift.)

My mixed feelings is that I typically don't like putting kids in presentations, although obviously kids are taught their parents' values and it's perfectly valid for young girls to be taught feminist values versus just being molded by society and having all the typical hangups. Your kids are taught SOMETHING... so either they start with the framework parents give them or some other framework (from society, friends, church, TV, etc.)

Also, yeah, typically we put some restrictions on kids' speech because they naturally will push the boundaries, and we're looking for a common-denominator form of communication that won't detract people from their ideas. On the other hand, the point still stands that people often get offended by speech and other more cosmetic issues while conveniently ignoring larger problems they don't want to or don't know how to address. I can't find the reference now, but I think this same strategy was used before in Christian circles when it came to feeding the poor -- I think a few years ago I read a short circulated essay using swear words in combination with the homeless/starving and finished with, "And I bet that many of you are more upset that I used the F-word multiple times in this piece than the fact that these children are living on the streets without food." It's a valid point in itself.

I can see a debate springing up about having young kids in politic-socio videos versus just being raised that way (without participating in distributed videos), but the issues themselves still stand.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenFly View Post
    What types do you see the two downright condescending empowered women as being?
    Is MBTI type even relevant here? Honestly?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    641 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Lark,

Eh. The video is absurd as much as it is anything else, and can thus be seen as meta-commentary on the state of decay as much as on anything else.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiaromanova View Post
    @Lark,

Eh. The video is absurd as much as it is anything else, and can also be seen as meta-commentary on the state of decay as much as anything else.
    Really?

Frankly, I think people need to chill the fuck out regarding the f-bomb. No matter who drops it.
    Likes Passacaglia, Ivy, BluRoses liked this post