User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 743

  1. #81
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post



    Good, since I'd like to hear what you think a world of love would feasibly look like.
    Can you clarify the question so that I could give you the exact information you are looking for.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post


    You see the 11 planets around the Sun? one is the moon. Another is the 10th planet that NASA discovered 2 years ago.

    According to occam's razor... then this theory has more validity than the 10th version of big bang theory.

    But i understand, u want to hold on to your community of mainstream science security. u don't want to be alone... interesting? isn't it? life is a circle in more ways than one.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    You mean mean wall paintings and carvings that can be subjectively viewed to show an extra planet? Have you thought to compare the Proportionate size of each planet? Or their distance and configuration? I have a friend that believes this crap and have debated him for hours, he's pretty much given up.
    Yea.. Also, it seems that you're making a Appeal to Antiquity, which is basically a fallacy saying that "because this thesis is older than other more recent thesis, then it must be true".

    -----------------

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Does the picture turn when you turn it around?
    In your eyes only.
    I don't get it..

  3. #83
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    ...
    Yea.. Also, it seems that you're making a Appeal to Antiquity, which is basically a fallacy saying that "because this thesis is older than other more recent thesis, then it must be true".
    actually I am appealing to interdisciplinary theories and occam's razor.

  4. #84
    THREADKILLER Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX
    Posts
    855

    Default

    When Nibiru comes, we shall see the truth...

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    actually I am appealing to interdisciplinary theories and occam's razor.
    You're not going to find sympathy for your nutter theory among rational, stable people, so you might as well cut your losses.

  6. #86
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Can you clarify the question so that I could give you the exact information you are looking for.
    Well, let's look at your post in question again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    From what I know many people say that this entire god thing is actally about love.

    That is totally wrong aproach because if the god is so interested in love as those people say he is , he would have made many things in a much different way.

    Probaby the most obvious part in this argument is that, nuclear weapons should not be possible if their god created this reality.
    The whole gist of your post is that God would have "made many things in a different way" if God is as interested in love as people say he is.

    To say that, you MUST have some idea in your head as to what a God of love would look like, if you can compare the current world to it and think he's not.

    (And you go on to insinuate state emphatically that nuclear weapons should not exist if God is a God of love.)

    Soooooooo.....

    ...care to describe what your idea of a world run by a God of love WOULD look like? You should have had something in mind, to draw the conclusions you did.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #87
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, let's look at your post in question again:



    The whole gist of your post is that God would have "made many things in a different way" if God is as interested in love as people say he is.

    To say that, you MUST have some idea in your head as to what a God of love would look like, if you can compare the current world to it and think he's not.

    (And you go on to insinuate state emphatically that nuclear weapons should not exist if God is a God of love.)

    Soooooooo.....

    ...care to describe what your idea of a world run by a God of love WOULD look like? You should have had something in mind, to draw the conclusions you did.
    Fair enough.

    I will merge the ideas that I wanted to share in the beginning and the things that are answering your question.

    Nuclear weapons are one of the most obvious parts in this story.
    Secound the most obvious part are serious and dangerous diseases , because their only purpose is to kill the person and make many people unhappy that were close to that person.

    Someone could say that it is only the gods call after him to come on the trial of his existance. But that would mean that god desides when is it enough and the person has no time to redeem oneself in this life or prove that he is good.

    Possible punishment for doing bad things does not fit the crime at all.
    Specialy if you add the fact that personality is created more of less in the first few years when the person is completly dependent on the others.
    Someone could go even further and bring genetics into the picture. If you want I could even add determinism in this but that would take too long and I think that many people here know what determinism is.

    I think that determinism is one of the best arguments against religion.

    Also if determinism is driving force in this reality (and I don't see reason why it would not be) would mean that real love never existed becuse then everything is one big chain reaction that was started by god.


    If god really loves us so much why is he/she/it playing so many games with us. Why does not he/she/it just show itself and end all this storys that are going around and that are creating many serious emotional problems to people all around the world. And creating large amout of fear ,doubt and moments of despair. If you do that to one person you are awfull person but if you do that to billions of people you are antichrist behind any doubt.
    Becuse god is almighy I don't see what could be his/her excuse for doing this.


    This is the worst possible way of manipulating peoples feelings you can imagine.That is because it looks like the only goal is that someone should feel bad.
    From what I know about you Jennifer I think that you can relate to this part of the post.


    One more example could be that in this world homosexuality should have different status.
    Is it fair to create humanity with homosexuality and then accuse that individuals for many bad things in this world and then presecute them as sinners?

    Sorry, but this sounds like one really bad joke.


    If you say that Satan corrupted them, then why does not the almighty simply breake the curse.
    Why creating Satan at all?

    Why would you create world that can be polluted by people who just want to be happy or the world that can support much larger amount of people.


    Why main energy source must be huge termonuclear reactor that can even kill you I you are not carefull. I am talking about the Sun here.

    If love is so important why did it take billions of years to create it.
    We are talking about almighty here.

    Why create reality where love can be so easiliy destroyed, by this I mean civilization that has those feeling.

    In this area there is a huge amount of arguments.
    But since I am preparing thread " Humanity is destined to extinct " I will leave them for that thread.
    If you did not read my main argument in "Global warming explained" thread you should, becuses it is also one more argument and a strong one.


    As for your original question I think that it is pointless because love as any other feelings will cease to exist in this reality with time. (if you ask me)


    I could write much more but it is 0.30 here and I have to study tomorrow for the whole day.

  8. #88
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're not going to find sympathy for your nutter theory among rational, stable people, so you might as well cut your losses.
    actually, i am being perfectly rational in the scientific process here.

    there are no losses. only exposure of weaknesses.

  9. #89
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    When Nibiru comes, we shall see the truth...
    LMAO!

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    actually, i am being perfectly rational in the scientific process here.
    Do you think saying that makes it true? Because I know it doesn't, and I hope everyone else does too.

Similar Threads

  1. Let's see how good you guys are
    By Anamalech in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 12:50 AM
  2. I don't know how much more I can take.
    By Haphazard in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
  3. I really don't know how I feel about this...
    By Wade Wilson in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
  4. Let's see how this goes...
    By whiteraven in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO