User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    But the discussion in the past doesn't really address the points I'm making.
    It is addressing something very similar to the part of your post I quoted. IZthe411 said in the past that god made his people so that they need him; now you say that he made them so that they need him be mysterious. The principle is the same.

Then again you aren't addressing my points now either. I suppose in that respect the discussion is the same.
    That is Tamske's job.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It is addressing something very similar to the part of your post I quoted. IZthe411 said in the past that god made his people so that they need him; now you say that he made them so that they need him be mysterious. The principle is the same.
    I mean people need God to be mysterious in the same way that people need spinach to have vitamin K. It is healthy. Your comment to IZthe411 was that God needs to have people enslaved to him or something which is totally unrelated.

That is Tamske's job.
    What is your job? To make replies without substance?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

I mean people need God to be mysterious in the same way that people need spinach to have vitamin K. It is healthy. Your comment to IZthe411 was that God needs to have people enslaved to him or something which is totally unrelated.
    Your reading comprehension needs improvement. I amazes me that even after a special explanation you still fail to grasp the easy part.

What is your job? To make replies without substance?
    Your post was addressed to Tamske, was it not? I replied to a particular part of it in order to spare you two some time. But it seems you need to do it all over again.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

According to mbti theory in which entp's like to play devil's advocate you all wouldnt need to worry. When in 50 years God comes down to the Earth and invites you to the promised land, I'll still be standing there wearing my t-shirt "Anti-God-Hype 2010, I was there"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I will be sitting next to David Copperfield, laughing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Putting labels on bottles ? "Flaschen etikittieren" just sounds ten times better
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

I will be sitting next to David Copperfield, laughing.
    I'll be asking him to turn my water into mother-fucking wine...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Your reading comprehension needs improvement. I amazes me that even after a special explanation you still fail to grasp the easy part.
    I was thinking the same of you actually.

Your post was addressed to Tamske, was it not? I replied to a particular part of it in order to spare you two some time. But it seems you need to do it all over again.
    How did your link save time in a discussion between Tamske and myself? You were linking to your personal viewpoint. Why would I care about your personal viewpoint when you don't want to even take part in the discussion?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Do you really mean why is God not clear, or do you mean why is God mysterious? These are two separate things.

I believe if you actually read the various holy texts most of them do make clear the things that are important. For example the New Testament says, "the whole law can be summed up as 'love your neighbor as yourself.'" The confusion comes not from the text but from the readers. Either people quibble over the specifics or they don't want to accept what the text says and try to change it in some way. And you can see that every major religion does this, because every major religion has many sects/denominations. The texts are made clear but people want them to be unclear.
    But maybe you are really asking, "why is God mysterious". And that has to do with human nature. People need a sense of awe and wonder in their lives and that is healthy. God is mysterious, because people need God to be mysterious.
    These holy texts are a combination of making the important message clear, but making God (or the Tao or whatever) to be mysterious.
    That's quite a good point, but I don't see an argument in favour of the existence of a god in it. You can use it even as an argument for the non-existence of a god. Humans made holy texts where they wrote down their beliefs, their sense of awe, their moral rules,...

What I meant is this. Most religions say (next to a "love your neighbour" idea) that their god is the only one to worship and to believe in. Just look at the first laws of Moses: the first says "love god above all", the second "don't use his name in vain", the third "you should devote one day a week to god". Only from nr. 4 on it's about humans and morality. The same you can see in Christianity and in the Islam.
    So god wants us to believe in him at least as much as he wants us to be good to each other. Still he doesn't send a clear proof of his existence! The sort of proof that can't be mistaken for an indifferent nature made by chance and selection.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    That's quite a good point, but I don't see an argument in favour of the existence of a god in it. You can use it even as an argument for the non-existence of a god. Humans made holy texts where they wrote down their beliefs, their sense of awe, their moral rules,...

What I meant is this. Most religions say (next to a "love your neighbour" idea) that their god is the only one to worship and to believe in. Just look at the first laws of Moses: the first says "love god above all", the second "don't use his name in vain", the third "you should devote one day a week to god". Only from nr. 4 on it's about humans and morality. The same you can see in Christianity and in the Islam.
    So god wants us to believe in him at least as much as he wants us to be good to each other. Still he doesn't send a clear proof of his existence! The sort of proof that can't be mistaken for an indifferent nature made by chance and selection.
    A good post.
    Can you discuss Islam fundamentalism with Islam fundamentalists?
    No.
    You cannot discuss religion with religious people.
    The first principle of logic.