User Tag List

First 891011122060 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Do you think saying that makes it true? Because I know it doesn't, and I hope everyone else does too.
    well, I think anyone can tell by reading that logically, the Nibiru theory has more scientific validity and interdisciplinary support than the big bang theory.

As ridiculous as it sounds, no one has been able to poke any holes in that theory. In fact, Nibiru theory doesn't is completely supported by theories of conflict genetics. A sudden change in genetic composition usually implies some sort of conquering going on here.

In the end, you want to not believe it. No one can come up with anything other than heresay or "Thats ridiculous" as their scientific thesis. LOL Why can't u be honest with yourself? That is very unscientific of you.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    well, I think anyone can tell by reading that logically, the Nibiru theory has more scientific validity and interdisciplinary support than the big bang theory.
    Really? Because you seem to be the only one getting that.

I see LOTS of scientific evidence for Big Bang theory, I see a picture of a heiroglyph for "Nibiru theory".
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Really? Because you seem to be the only one getting that.
    by all means, please poke holes in the theory!

please answer a better reason why Sumerians knew more about modern day astrology than NASA did.

Occam's Razor.

In the end, u want to believe what you want. No one can come up with anything other than heresay or disbelief. Btw, yes, the earth is round fellas. And yes, there was no WMD in Iraq.

MBTI
    ISTP

please answer a better reason why Sumerians knew more about modern day astrology than NASA did.
    Is there some evidence that they believed there to be 10 planets besides a picture? I need material/evidence to disprove in order to argue it. Arguing with you based on that picture is pointless, because you can believe what you want about it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    enfp

^ sure.

The Chicago Astronomer - The 12 Planets of the Sumerians...

Its an astronomer scientist forum that documents the Sumerian texts. It is an ancient Altaic language.

The ancient Babylonians have long been recognized as the preeminent astronomers of the far, distant past of the ancient world. Several thousands of years before Copernicus they realized that the earth and other planets were spherical and that all revolved around the sun. With this knowledge they were able to accurately predict the eclipses of the sun and the moon. Up until modern times, most scholars assumed that the Babylonians had developed this astronomy themselves, the result of their need to do accurate calculations for their astrology. This however turns out not to be the case. Newly translated Babylonian texts indicate that the position of the stars and planets were calculated instead according to complex equations inherited from the Sumerian civilization.

The Sumerians were also able to measure the distance between stars very precisely. But how is it possible that earthbound, primitive, pretechnological people were able to do this? And even more mysteriously, why? Such star maps would be neccessary for space travellers, but not for the ancient primitive Sumerians. Given the extraordinary accuracy of Sumerian astronomical calculations, perhaps it is prudent to have another look at those areas where their information differs from ours. The Sumerians assign 12 "celestial bodies" to the solar system, the sun, the moon and 10 planets. Today we recognize 11 of these, but it was not always the case. Until the late 18th century Western astronomers only knew of the existence of 6 planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Uranus was discovered in 1781, Neptune in 1846, and Pluto in 1930. In this light, is it possible that the Sumerians 12th celestial body is yet to be discovered, a planet that the Sumerins called Nibiru? Interestingly, in 1972 Joseph L. Brady, an astronomer at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory discovered a pertubation in Halleys comets orbit that could be explained by the presence of a Jupiter sized planet that orbits ever several thousand years. More recently, it has been found that the trajectories of space craft like the Voyagers are being disturbed by an unknown gravitational force.
    By the way, lets all agree that interdisciplinary theories is the next step of scientific discovery.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

By the way, lets all agree that interdisciplinary theories is the next step of scientific discovery.
    Hmmm...I'm not sure what that means. Surely interdisciplinary work may lead to interesting findings that wouldn't have otherwise been explored, but that's not to say that it's in any way superior to work done within one discipline.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    enfp

^ Well according to the UCSF model of research, interdisciplinary science has been superior to other types of research in terms of groundbreaking discoveries.

A theory should be able to stand, interdisplinary or not.

No more Sumerian talk in this thread please, if you want to discuss that subject I suggest creating a new thread.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    No more Sumerian talk in this thread please, if you want to discuss that subject I suggest creating a new thread.
    actually its VERY revelant to a thread about the intersection of religion and science.

Come on now, science and politics is not supposed to mix very well. Or maybe it does?

Like i already said:

Btw, at this point the smartest move is to formalize an industrywide divorce of interdisciplinary theory building from the archaeological community. LOL

Modern Nomad: