User Tag List

First 456

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We are told America is rich in social capital and we are poor in social capital.

Social capital is built on the false self called the personality. And indeed here we are devoted to the cult of the personality, the cult of the false self.

Many of us here have failed to build an socially acceptable false self so we have come here to find an acceptable false self. We crave a false self that will enable us to belong to our society. And mbti provides ready-made false selves. What a relief! We are now OK.

But what a choice we are faced with: to be acceptable with a false self, or unacceptable with our true self.

And tragically we lose sight of our true self and so lose sight of ourselves.
    Who is we?

And indeed here we are devoted to the cult of the personality, the cult of the false self.

Many of us here have failed to build an socially acceptable false self so we have come here to find an acceptable false self. We crave a false self that will enable us to belong to our society. And mbti provides ready-made false selves. What a relief! We are now OK.
    I'm pretty much here to kill time. I'd wager that most other posters might be too; this place doesn't seem as heavy on the type discussion as it did, say... a year or two ago.

But what a choice we are faced with: to be acceptable with a false self, or unacceptable with our true self.

And tragically we lose sight of our true self and so lose sight of ourselves.
    -> the survival of the true self is contingent upon its being acted out in public? wouldn't that somehow bring us back to the concept of the socially acceptable self, which you seem to think is inherently false?

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I'm pretty much here to kill time.
    And I have nothing to do and all day to do it in, and yet, here you are, killing time.

So this is a killing time for you. Time it would appear is your enemy - after all you want to kill it. But it would be more practical if your enemy wasn't time but a person.

Of course you don't know who this person is - they are hidden behind time.

So we look behind the clock to see who is hiding there. No, it can't be, not..not them, who would have guessed?

Better to put the clock back and kill time.

MBTI
    STP

I actually get annoyed by the extreme over exaggeration these days. I just want to ask them, "is life really this hard and that bad that everything is a button waiting to be pushed?" "Is it really that big a deal?" I have very blunted emotions, I am more like a rock. I do enjoy emotions, but I don't enjoy people who over exaggerate things....AHHHH, the sky is falling.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I actually get annoyed by the extreme over exaggeration these days. I just want to ask them, "is life really this hard and that bad that everything is a button waiting to be pushed?" "Is it really that big a deal?" I have very blunted emotions, I am more like a rock. I do enjoy emotions, but I don't enjoy people who over exaggerate things....AHHHH, the sky is falling.
    I agree, except I wouldn't go so far as to consider emotions enjoyable, exactly. They simply are, and sometimes can be of use. I prefer to keep mine to myself, and find it more pleasant when others do the same. To each his own, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Default Muselmänner and Flat Affect

C'mon, Flat Affect is psychopathic.

Flat Affect is a sign there is something wrong with the psyche.

And worse, a society that rewards and encourages Flat Affect is rewarding the psychopathic, for its own purposes and not in the best interests of its victims.

The Muselmänner of the Concentration Camps are examples of Flat Affect in response to dehumanising conditions. And although our societies are not Concentration Camps, they are dehumanising to the extent they produce Flat Affect.

The Muselmänner of the Concentration Camps are examples of Flat Affect in respond to dehumanising conditions. And although our societies are not Concentration Camps, they are dehumanising to the extent they produce Flat Affect.
    Keep comparing your debating opponent with Hitler. That'll make you look real smart.

I am afraid dear Cygnus I don't regard you as a debating opponent.

But what in interesting is that Flat Affect had become cool.

Flat Affect is the epitome of cool.

And cool is the fashionable response of despair to a dehumanising society.

MBTI
    STP

I am afraid dear Cygnus I don't regard you as a debating opponent.

But what in interesting is that Flat Affect had become cool.

Flat Affect is the epitome of cool.

And cool is the fashionable response of despair to a dehumanising society.
    Where do you live. These days over exaggeration seems to be more prominent then flat effect. At least where I live and what I see on the news and hear people around me. Its the opposite of flat affect, its part immediate gratification affect...I want it now. And part woah is me.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not flat, I'm misanthropic.