First 5678 Last

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius could never pick one book. He mostly reads satire, bildungsroman, and Russian literature.

A random bookshelf went like this: The Assistant - Robert Walser, A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole, Under the Volcano - Malcolm Lowry, Cancer Ward - Solzhenitsyn, Tom Jones - Henry Fielding, Blindness -Saramago,The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath, The Appointment - Herta Müller, The Stranger- Camus, Darkness at Noon - Koestler, The Collector - John Fowles, The Good Soldier Svejk- Jaroslav Hasek...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It is possible he is more intoxicating in English. Just not very likely.
    Intoxicating is the word I would use too. For some reason I also enjoyed the homoerotic undertones. It reminds me of the talented mr. Rippley.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Falcarius could never pick one book. He mostly reads satire, bildungsroman, and Russian literature.

A random bookshelf went like this: The Assistant - Robert Walser, A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole, Under the Volcano - Malcolm Lowry, Cancer Ward - Solzhenitsyn, Tom Jones - Henry Fielding, Blindness -Saramago,The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath, The Appointment - Herta Müller, The Stranger- Camus, Darkness at Noon - Koestler, The Collector - John Fowles, The Good Soldier Svejk- Jaroslav Hasek...
    And why doth he speakers in the third person, garrot doth wonder but partake in the creative feat unsuspecting of any motive upon a foundation of hubris, but knowing too that there is a more than likely chance he might be wrong-sizzles.

P.s. I too dabble in the chapter in five different books per day art...rather than stick to a main I have a lot of side pieces. @chickpea
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post

Oh I just read your sig so I know now...foolish cropper.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Poetry, old and minor stuff

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Just found this book I remember reading at some point and particularly enjoying. The Long Walk by Stephen King. I generally like how he writes, because he seems to instead of just answering questions he tends to ask them.

One of my favourite works of literature that I can read again and again is "The Leopard" (Italian: Il Gattopardo), by Guiseppe Tomasi de Lampedusa.

Guiseppe was an Italian diplomat who wrote only one book in his lifetime, and it is a masterpiece.

And it was made into a movie by Luchino Visconte, click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0I...0&spfreload=10

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

In addition to Catch-22, by Joseph Heller, there is the Glass Bead Game, by Herman Hesse.

I read each of them at vastly different times in my life, one during a period of great idealism, and one during a period of great disillusionment. It's hard for me to pick which one was more meaningful to me. The most interesting part was Joseph Knecht's relationship with Plinio Designori; it had very strong reverberations with where I was at the particular time and place where I read it.

Supposedly the main part is about thinking. Then the shamanistic section is about sensing, the part about the desert Christian hermits is about feeling, and the Indian section is about intuition.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I like memorizin the dictionary as well, I am currently on page 3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639