First 678

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

It's a nebulous but useful construct. Its 'purpose' is to be a contrast.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    not quite sure. why do you ask?

I've heard it said that love/hate are inseparable. Perhaps love pulses like a binary star and when it's faded hate manifests...Or perhaps it's much more gray than that. I don't know.

But I'm curious why you ask? Your response could be an interesting learning experience.
    I don't think the absence of love is hate, nor do I think the absence of good is evil. That's why I asked. I was wondering if your thinking really is that black and white. That's all.
    Likes Survive & Stay Free liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

can't say that I believe in good or evil because life seems too much like a continuity of gray areas, some areas deeper gray and others lighter, but nothing purely black or white. to decide that something is good or bad is a human construct, after all.

funny if you consider a dog. dogs have been our friends and companions for millennia and strive to please us and make us happy. if you yawn at your dog, your dog will yawn back and our expressions are mirrored on their furry faces... the lives and minds of dogs are intertwined with the lives of humans. we have an indoor dog, since we live in the city and many people do have indoor dogs, I was raised, however, with outdoor dogs who worked on the farm the same as any other member of the family. it's funny that an indoor dog knows that they are "bad dogs" when they do something perfectly natural to a dog... something that an outdoor dog wouldn't think twice about, but since they are an indoor dog conditioned by their masters they feel bad... they feel shame.

I think that in a way humanity is kind of like dogs... we've been living in this society with these rules for long enough that they've become a part of us... things that we otherwise might not have felt were bad are suddenly causes for shame or sorrow. if we don't feel those emotions there must be something wrong with us... we are the ones who are in the wrong.

I've made decisions and done things that are apparently wrong at quite a few different points in my life and will most likely continue to do so... I didn't see them as wrong and I still don't. That's something that humans do... we fuck up. occasionally, when forced, I'll at least try and look sorry for things, but that's because otherwise you aren't a part of society... in medieval times you'd probably be outlawed for not being a part of the social order. others apologize or look suitably sorry and I wonder sometimes whether they actually feel sorry or are just going through the motions because they're expected to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't think the absence of love is hate, nor do I think the absence of good is evil. That's why I asked. I was wondering if your thinking really is that black and white. That's all.
    absence of love is indifference
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    can't say that I believe in good or evil because life seems too much like a continuity of gray areas, some areas deeper gray and others lighter, but nothing purely black or white. to decide that something is good or bad is a human construct, after all.

funny if you consider a dog. dogs have been our friends and companions for millennia and strive to please us and make us happy. if you yawn at your dog, your dog will yawn back and our expressions are mirrored on their furry faces... the lives and minds of dogs are intertwined with the lives of humans. we have an indoor dog, since we live in the city and many people do have indoor dogs, I was raised, however, with outdoor dogs who worked on the farm the same as any other member of the family. it's funny that an indoor dog knows that they are "bad dogs" when they do something perfectly natural to a dog... something that an outdoor dog wouldn't think twice about, but since they are an indoor dog conditioned by their masters they feel bad... they feel shame.

I think that in a way humanity is kind of like dogs... we've been living in this society with these rules for long enough that they've become a part of us... things that we otherwise might not have felt were bad are suddenly causes for shame or sorrow. if we don't feel those emotions there must be something wrong with us... we are the ones who are in the wrong.

I've made decisions and done things that are apparently wrong at quite a few different points in my life and will most likely continue to do so... I didn't see them as wrong and I still don't. That's something that humans do... we fuck up. occasionally, when forced, I'll at least try and look sorry for things, but that's because otherwise you aren't a part of society... in medieval times you'd probably be outlawed for not being a part of the social order. others apologize or look suitably sorry and I wonder sometimes whether they actually feel sorry or are just going through the motions because they're expected to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

We certainly share most of our DNA with dogs as we do with all living things in Earth for the last four and a half billion years. hard to believe, isn't it?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We certainly share most of our DNA with dogs as we do with all living things in Earth for the last four and a half billion years. hard to believe, isn't it?
    from the narrow perspective yes, from the much wider perspective it makes perfect sense that we'd share so much dna... so many of the same needs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    For most opposites I do not believe that one is the absence of the other necessarily as it is with hot and cold but for some I do.

I don't actually believe in absolutes existing though as forms but rather as an essence or magnetic pull upon which we could be more or less the other - if that makes sense...but in practice love is not something easily said.

IT's something that someone can do but knows little of how they do it really...I guess it's authenticity, sincerity, attention, gentleness, a million things really..
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yeah I think there was a confusion between its opposite and its absence.