• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

• Total voters

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I would think so. It basically means a Christian who is questioning their religion.

Like, I am a Christian, but I think there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God. Agnostic literally means "lack of knowledge" I'm pretty sure.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like, I am a Christian, but I think there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God. Agnostic literally means "lack of knowledge" I'm pretty sure.
On what basis, then, do you consider yourself a Christian?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
On what basis, then, do you consider yourself a Christian?

I choose to be a Christian for emotional and relational reasons. Even if it's all just rubbish, at least it helped me in my personal life. It's more of a heart thing than a head thing.

Mole

Permabanned
So, what's my religion?

Well, if we become what we worship, what do I worship?

I worship my heritage which is Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment. And this throws me into the present.

At present we live in legacy institutions based on authority. And authority is based on the author, and on the author of books, and the author of our most sacred book is God.

And our legacy institutions are changing under the pressure of the electronic media such as the internet.

So we are changing from a society based on authority to one based on instantaneous interaction, quite like a traditional village.

No one knows where this is going, or how we are going to get there. So I worship the cloud of unknowing. I let go of control, I let go of knowing, and listen to the world unfolding.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I see.To be muslim you have to believe in the unknown. [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]

Mole

Permabanned
I see.To be muslim you have to believe in the unknown. [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]

Wahabism is the dominant belief of Sunni muslims, it has nothing to do with the unknown. It is a fundamentalist belief in the literal interpretation of the Koran.

Entp/infjGal

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
Wahabism is the dominant belief of Sunni muslims, it has nothing to do with the unknown. It is a fundamentalist belief in the literal interpretation of the Koran.

I don't believe it is dominant among Sunnis. It is dominant in Saudi Arabia and some other places but most Sunnis would follow the Islam of the 'four imams' or the muslim brotherhood variety. To the West, that may still look radical, relatively-speaking, but it is not Wahabism and those muslims--the great majority--tend to co-exist with non-muslims without problems. Wahabism is barely 2 centuries old.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't believe it is dominant among Sunnis. It is dominant in Saudi Arabia and some other places but most Sunnis would follow the Islam of the 'four imams' or the muslim brotherhood variety. To the West, that may still look radical, relatively-speaking, but it is not Wahabism and those muslims--the great majority--tend to co-exist with non-muslims without problems. Wahabism is barely 2 centuries old.

Sure, and the Saudis have spent many tens of billions of dollars funding mosques in other parts of the world and staffing them with Wahabi imams.

Mole

Permabanned
It doesn't matter, i am actually impresses by this video. We just want peace and harmony.

We notice that no matter what the evidence, it is common practice among muslims to just keep repeating Islamic propaganda.

A good example is that even in high quality, well funded Islamic schools in the West, Creationism is taught to muslim students.

By repeating Islamic propaganda like a parrot, and memorising the Koran by rote, makes it impossible for muslims to think rationally.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
There is evidence islam is good in the video, and america is bad, watch it - anyone - you are holding on to air my friend.

Mole

Permabanned
Islam and Anti-Semitism

There is evidence islam is good in the video, and america is bad, watch it - anyone - you are holding on to air my friend.

Shia Islam is openly anti-semitic at the highest levels and plans to destroy Israel and kill Jews.

In the West anti-semitism is the mark of evil, and we can see that anti-semitism is also the mark of evil in Islam.

Islam doesn't seem to understand that to accept anti-semitic Islam would require the West embrace evil - and this isn't going to happen.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
The Jews are Gods chosen people, and the way I see it, Allah has granted them one chance to lead the world, they ruined it, now he is granting them a second chance (Israel), they are ruining it if you follow the news, and then it is game over. Jesus will decend from heaven etc. Allah controls you!

Peace

Lark

I cant remember his name just now but the guy who wrote the League of Extraordinary Gentleman wrote a book about how TV was the unacknowledged "God" because it was "worshiped" by enough people, regularly enough, with devotion, that it kind of took on a strange sentience all of its own, its a mad story but it sure did make me think.

The first Manitou novel has a theme like that when I guy uses a telex machine as a representative of technology to defeat the ancients revered by an ancient indian shaman which has emerged from a boil on someones back.

Lark

What's a boil on someones back? Temptation?

No, this was a boil like a lump which burst, like boils and sores kind of thing.

Its a horror novel but apparently the story is one associated with Native American Shamans.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the surface, I'm agnostic. However, I've recently become fascinated with Paganism, and some of my beliefs closely align with the religion.