• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for sharing.

Feel better.

I already feel pretty wonderful. Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to an arts festival, and there were lots of interesting objects and crafts made from scavenged objects. It was pretty cool. Some of her relatives happen to be super-conservative, by the way.

latest

Lark

I already feel pretty wonderful. Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to an arts festival, and there were lots of interesting objects and crafts made from scavenged objects. It was pretty cool. Some of her relatives happen to be super-conservative, by the way.

latest

I dont care.

- - - Updated - - -

latest

I dont care.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like following, worshipping, etc. I live my life for my life. I don't need to believe that someone unconditionally loves me, I don't need a reason to appease my mind or emotions, I don't need that type of supportive community, I really don't need alot of what church offers. I don't have a pets all sit together and cry or sing coombaya or how ever you spell it. You have a problem, let's work to fix it, not sit in pity and misery. I have awesome friends and family, we are always there for each other when needed. I would rather focus on family and friends then something that may or may not exist. I would rather put the people in my life first, above some higher being. If I go to hell...oh well...my family is taken care of. If there is a heaven, then they will not need me when they are in heaven and I am in hell. Religion takes second place to family and friends and I don't feel like sitting in second place.

Chrysanthea

Okay so I've been wondering this for awhile... if one goes to Hell for never hearing a word about Christianity, then how does that show that God gives us all a chance? Is God's psyche so out of sync with us humans that his "logic" is untranslatable to the average sane person? And if you don't go to Hell for never hearing about Christianity... then shouldn't missionaries be put to death for essentially condemning people to eternal Hell just by spreading this blasphemy? By spreading news of a religion you consequentially allow the possibility of suffering for those who listen, which makes you the worst kind of torturer to ever exist. That is... if Hell does indeed exist. If, as a follower, you deny both possibilities, then I have either just proven some sort of reincarnation in Christianity, or the absence of Hell. Of course theoretically. Or is there something else I don't know...? Though I shouldn't put much effort into criticizing a system that I will absolutely never believe in regardless, unless given obvious evidence. You don't need to answer to my rant.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay so I've been wondering this for awhile... if one goes to Hell for never hearing a word about Christianity, then how does that show that God gives us all a chance? Is God's psyche so out of sync with us humans that his "logic" is untranslatable to the average sane person? And if you don't go to Hell for never hearing about Christianity... then shouldn't missionaries be put to death for essentially condemning people to eternal Hell just by spreading this blasphemy? By spreading news of a religion you consequentially allow the possibility of suffering for those who listen, which makes you the worst kind of torturer to ever exist. That is... if Hell does indeed exist. If, as a follower, you deny both possibilities, then I have either just proven some sort of reincarnation in Christianity, or the absence of Hell. Of course theoretically. Or is there something else I don't know...? Though I shouldn't put much effort into criticizing a system that I will absolutely never believe in regardless, unless given obvious evidence. You don't need to answer to my rant.
Not believing in something unproven isn't a guilt and no-one is allowed to punish you for that, it doesn't mean that you are a bad person. If god indeed exists and is such a "cool guy" as said by many then he has to forgive you for not believing in him especially if you have no bad intentions in general. Only an evil creature would punish you for this kind of "guilt".

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only true power comes from within.
"And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."

From Charge of the Goddess

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."

From Charge of the Goddess
In lack of your own power you have good chances to be unable to take bold steps needed to discover the unknown.

---- EDIT ----
I'm afraid I slightly misinterpreted the quote (or maybe not) because English isn't my native language and the quoted text seems to be quite ancient. Reading it again it seems to be the equivalent of the "The only true power comes from within." but with Yoda-style wording. :D

I've found that many religious practices and advices try to help the individuals in some way (even if the help comes with some lies and excessive restrictions in some cases). What makes religious texts unattractive for me is that the "rule-books" of religions often contain things that I find impractical, unnecessary, or untrue. Putting heavy constraints on the freedom of the individual is unacceptable for me. For this reason I never really engaged in reading this kind of literature, I have no patience for cherry-picking useful things that are mixed with unattractive things and all of this is sometimes presented in a mysterious phrasing waiting for me to decipher the whole thing. However I think these writings (even the latin ones) are quite suitable for putting into diablo-style RPG games for reading by a good narrator to celebrate a checkpoint or achievement.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay so I've been wondering this for awhile... if one goes to Hell for never hearing a word about Christianity, then how does that show that God gives us all a chance?

For whatever it's worth to you, those ignorant of the message of Christianity are not condemned to hell according to Christian dogma.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you knew your history, then you would know were you're coming from, then you wouldnt have to ask me, who the hell do you think I am ;)

I know my history. And I have my own theories on things. ;)

43473429.jpg

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
For whatever it's worth to you, those ignorant of the message of Christianity are not condemned to hell according to Christian dogma.

Sounds a bit like the game:

Rule 1: You are playing The Game.
You, along with everyone else in the world, always is, always has been,
and always will be playing The Game. Neither awareness nor consent is required to play.

Rule 2: Every time you think about The Game, you lose.
Loss is temporary; as soon as you forget about The Game you stop losing.
The objective of The Game is to forget that it exists. Good luck.

Rule 3: Loss of The Game must be announced.
Every time you think about The Game, and hence lose, you must say so.
This is the only rule that can be broken, but do you really need to cheat..?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you knew your history, then you would know were you're coming from, then you wouldnt have to ask me, who the hell do you think I am ;)
The alternatives with which I am familiar from history are grim indeed. As for you, I thought you valued your own position enough to want others to understand it. The fact that I have to ask means you have not explained yourself well. At all.

Of course, perhaps you want to be misunderstood.

Lark

The alternatives with which I am familiar from history are grim indeed. As for you, I thought you valued your own position enough to want others to understand it. The fact that I have to ask means you have not explained yourself well. At all.

Of course, perhaps you want to be misunderstood.

Its a line from a Bob Marley song.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a Christian, well for one I was brought up that way, and I'm really glad I was. Although I've definitely questioned Christian teachings; the way it makes no sense to atheists that God exists, it makes no sense to me that he doesn't. My experiences as well have definitely added to my belief.
Now let's assume God actually created the universe. "Universe" pretty much means "absolutely everything that exists".
If God created everything, there would have to be nothing before. Nothing includes God.

That means nothing could have created everything, because there would have to be something able to create everything, but if there is something, then that something is automatically everything, and there wasn't nothing in the first place.

That means God (irrelevant of its existence) didn't create the universe.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Now let's assume God actually created the universe. "Universe" pretty much means "absolutely everything that exists".
If God created everything, there would have to be nothing before. Nothing includes God.

That means nothing could have created everything, because there would have to be something able to create everything, but if there is something, then that something is automatically everything, and there wasn't nothing in the first place.

I once used that argument debating with a Christian and he said, "God was around before the universe was". So I asked "What created God, then?" to which he replied, "God created himself". I asked "How?" and he said, "He just did, he can do anything".

When they put on the Armour Of God, they must do so to deflect logic and reasoning.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I once used that argument debating with a Christian and he said, "God was around before the universe was". So I asked "What created God, then?" to which he replied, "God created himself". I asked "How?" and he said, "He just did, he can do anything".

When they put on the Armour Of God, they must do so to deflect logic and reasoning.

What if God is existence itself.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What if God is existence itself.

Then does that make God no more than a label? If we already call it existence then surely we don't need to refer to it as God, i.e. another word for the same thing?

I also saw the term God being interchangeable with "things we don't understand". Who believes in sun gods now, now that we know what the sun is?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then does that make God no more than a label? If we already call it existence then surely we don't need to refer to it as God, i.e. another word for the same thing?

I also saw the term God being interchangeable with "things we don't understand". Who believes in sun gods now, now that we know what the sun is?

Let us refine the definition of the word God then.