User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

    36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

    25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

    6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

    1 0.76%
  • Islam

    2 1.53%
  • Christianity

    39 29.77%
  • Other

    22 16.79%
First 2425051525354 Last

Results 511 to 520 of 590

  1. #511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    R

    Oh larky, what personal knowledge do you have of heaven or hell?

    Don't tell me. I'm sick of your arrogance, and run on sentences. Please take a basic course in English composition.
    Again with the flattery nice guy.

  2. #512
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Again with the flattery nice guy.
    Answer the question...

  3. #513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Answer the question...
    Dude, I'm looking at this forum, I'm looking for posts you've made, threads or responses to topics, and all I'm seeing is nasty, insulting or snide remarks directed at myself, for a while now, and I'm going to say that I'm done with it and dont want to hear from you anymore. I hope that you're able to accept this and move on.

    Although I'll know in a minute when you try to carry on what you seem to imagine is some sort of an intellectual sparring match but which is anything but. I dont really recall what its been that made you desperate for my attention in particular and sparked all this off, which means its not been anything important to me but is obviously important enough to you and maybe you're still smarting from something or maybe this is just how you are. In any case, I wish you good luck second time around if you want to participate on forums and make friends or engage in discussions because this time you failed. Failed hard.

  4. #514
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, take your pick: serve the one God Allah, or serve the Trinity, a God with three heads. But why restrict our choices to two Gods, why not include a third choice in Ganesh, the God with the head of an elephant? Or add a forth God, and like Shirley Maclaine, serve the God inside our own head.

    The possibilities of serving are endless, and impossible to empirically choose between the possible Gods.

    But really, tell the truth, would you be content to serve in Heaven or would you long to rule in Hell?
    I for one prefer to go my own way, being neither master nor servant.

    As for gods, the possibilities are indeed endless, which makes sense given that most religions claim God is infinite, ubiquitous, without limit. I see this deific infinity as a single entity with a multiplicity (infinity) of representations. When it comes right down to it, all believers worship the same god, simply in different ways.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  5. #515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I have never felt comfortable labeling myself because it always seemed so... definitive. My parents are Buddhists, so growing up that's what I went with when the topic came up. They weren't strict about enforcing it like I know how some people are. In fact, if I were to declare devotion to Christianity, it wouldn't have mattered to them. As an adult, I suppose I'm what you call atheist, but I still find a lot of Buddhist concepts to be useful and attractive.

  6. #516
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    all of them because what if i choose wrong?
    Likes Chrysanthe liked this post

  7. #517
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I'm a Catholic.

    I believe in God the Father, the creator of all that is; invisible, visible, material, immaterial. I believe that Jesus was both human and divine, the co-eternal Son of God, that was sent to make us a path to the eternal afterlife when our imperfect forms are done. God the Holy Spirit is with us, to help guide us through this life and to keep us spiritual company. The mystery of the trinity, how there is but one eternal God, but there are three beings within the One essence of God, yet each one fully God, is fascinating to me.

    Of course, I have no proof for any of my beliefs. I belief that science is grounded in the physical and natural world, while God and Heaven are within the metaphysical and supernatural realm, and while there is a constant connection between them, physical, natural science cannot capture it.

    Like I said, I have no proof. Only faith. And I'm fine with that.

    (And yeah, you read correctly; I'm an ENTP that isn't an atheist. If that isn't enough proof of a God, I dunno what is xD)
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  8. #518
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCroupy#9 View Post
    I'm a Catholic.

    I believe in God the Father, the creator of all that is; invisible, visible, material, immaterial. I believe that Jesus was both human and divine, the co-eternal Son of God, that was sent to make us a path to the eternal afterlife when our imperfect forms are done. God the Holy Spirit is with us, to help guide us through this life and to keep us spiritual company. The mystery of the trinity, how there is but one eternal God, but there are three beings within the One essence of God, yet each one fully God, is fascinating to me.

    Of course, I have no proof for any of my beliefs. I belief that science is grounded in the physical and natural world, while God and Heaven are within the metaphysical and supernatural realm, and while there is a constant connection between them, physical, natural science cannot capture it.

    Like I said, I have no proof. Only faith. And I'm fine with that.

    (And yeah, you read correctly; I'm an ENTP that isn't an atheist. If that isn't enough proof of a God, I dunno what is xD)
    The official doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church is Faith and Reason. So let us reason about Faith.

    As you say, God is the creator of all there is, and God is the Trinity, so the Trinity is the creator of all there is, and so God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.

    Just recently we have measured the background radiation of Big Bang across the whole sky, not once but twice, with stunning accuracy, and we have analysed the results, evaluated the results, and integrated the results into known facts.

    And guess what! There is no signature, no fingerprint, and no message in the Big Bang from God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

    So on the balance of probabilities, it is preposterous that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.

  9. #519
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The official doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church is Faith and Reason. So let us reason about Faith.

    As you say, God is the creator of all there is, and God is the Trinity, so the Trinity is the creator of all there is, and so God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.

    Just recently we have measured the background radiation of Big Bang across the whole sky, not once but twice, with stunning accuracy, and we have analysed the results, evaluated the results, and integrated the results into known facts.

    And guess what! There is no signature, no fingerprint, and no message in the Big Bang from God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

    So on the balance of probabilities, it is preposterous that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.
    Oh, I agree with you, that there is no scientific proof that God had anything to do with the Big Bang (or that God even exists).

    Like I said, I believe that God cannot be measured by science. So while you can study something God made/did (this and other universes, the Big Bang, ect.) you will not be able to measure God in these things through scientific means.

    Also, interesting tid bit I found out recently: The guy that first thought of the Big Bang explanation was a Catholic priest.

    I personally believe that science and faith in God go together just fine. That's just me though.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  10. #520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    all of them because what if i choose wrong?
    None of them because what if I choose right?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 08:17 AM
  3. What magazines do you subscribe to and why?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?
    By Spry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  5. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO