User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 414950515253 Last

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    why not bend your knee for satan? less people have died in comparison to both your religions?
    What are his religions?

You cant actually believe in the existence of Satan if you'd suggest that.

just as lonestar cowgirl would prefer to serving under her true lord, the true god an you serving under your allah who answers to god.
    Well, take your pick: serve the one God Allah, or serve the Trinity, a God with three heads. But why restrict our choices to two Gods, why not include a third choice in Ganesh, the God with the head of an elephant? Or add a forth God, and like Shirley Maclaine, serve the God inside our own head.

The possibilities of serving are endless, and impossible to empirically choose between the possible Gods.

But really, tell the truth, would you be content to serve in Heaven or would you long to rule in Hell?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

satanist.
    LaVeyan Satanist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, take your pick: serve the one God Allah, or serve the Trinity, a God with three heads. But why restrict our choices to two Gods, why not include a third choice in Ganesh, the God with the head of an elephant? Or add a forth God, and like Shirley Maclaine, serve the God inside our own head.

The possibilities of serving are endless, and impossible to empirically choose between the possible Gods.

But really, tell the truth, would you be content to serve in Heaven or would you long to rule in Hell?
    Its impossible to rule in hell, what is the service you talk about in Heaven? What do you know about Heaven or Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its impossible to rule in hell, what is the service you talk about in Heaven? What do you know about Heaven or Hell?
    I know that we lost paradise, so read all about it in Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, by clicking on http://people.virginia.edu/~jdk3t/Pa...n10Bks1667.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I know that we lost paradise, so read all about it in Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, by clicking on http://people.virginia.edu/~jdk3t/Pa...n10Bks1667.pdf
    Those also serve who stand and watch?

Yeah, I know the book, you know there's a sequel Milton wrote too called Paradise Regained?

I always preferred Dante's Divine Comedy, in particular his descent into the circles of hell with the angel, I've got a brilliant cheapy edition paper back illustrated by the woodcuts of Dore, there's a great bit were they are strolling along and this eejit comes out to meet them and he's holding his head in his hand because its been cut off, really, you got to see it to believe it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    Anyway, I consider myself pantheist, because I believe in Nature being a wise force that creates everything the most beautiful and useful way possible, but not like a god I have to pray to. I'm so in love with Nature, the world and space that everything looks perfect to me... except for humanity, but that's another story.
    This is how I feel too. Nature is what I revere. I also believe in energy (something along the lines of Nikola Tesla). The universe (through the eyes of science) is absolutely astounding and that we are here at all is amazing. Looking at space is humbling and it is more beautiful than anything written in some ancient book with archaic beliefs. Organized religion has never made sense to me. I grew up Catholic but quickly deviated.

Christianity just turns me off -- I cannot fathom such a self-absorbed, hateful God. The "loving" God that a lot of Christians claim they know is not the God that is in their beloved bible. If they believe this, either they are being picky about what parts of the bible they see as truth or they have not read it at all. I also don't appreciate the litany of historic horrors that have happened as a result of religion. Also the hate, discrimination, the way some people use it as an excuse for their own dysfunctional beliefs/actions, they way it breeds ignorance and conformity.

Here in the states it influences levels of government (led by right-wing republicans) and even changes in healthcare (birth control, abortion) as well as education. No. Just no. That is when it really aggravates me. And frankly, it has no place whatsoever in forward-thinking societies.
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram
    Likes CitizenErased liked this post

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

He knows as much as you know about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    He knows as much as you know about them...
    Oh wouldnt you know that Mr. Happy has something nice to add to things, keep on improving buddy, we all miss you and look for your posts when you're not around.

Or maybe not.
    Likes Stanton Moore liked this post

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

R
    Oh wouldnt you know that Mr. Happy has something nice to add to things, keep on improving buddy, we all miss you and look for your posts when you're not around.

Or maybe not.
    Oh larky, what personal knowledge do you have of heaven or hell?

Don't tell me. I'm sick of your arrogance, and run on sentences. Please take a basic course in English composition.