User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

    36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

    25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

    6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

    1 0.76%
  • Islam

    2 1.53%
  • Christianity

    39 29.77%
  • Other

    22 16.79%
First 33414243444553 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 590

  1. #421
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Who created the DNA which Darwin has just discovered? The intelligent nature, you call it nature I call it God that's the difference..
    It was not DESIGNED: I'm glad you used that word buddy.
    yeah it was NOT designed it comes naturally, yet our human brain couldn't figure it out until like billion years later, so why do you think everything should be subjected to your human brain when there is much powerful brain that is beyond the ability of human brain, human brain is just discovering and trying to figure things out..
    As for the Big Bang, ok this "Bang" should have been something that actually bangs, some material, where did that material come from anyway? There must be a time where it wasn't there at all right? I don't buy that it was just there I'm sorry..
    And of course any theory can NEVER be proven by evidence unless we test it by actual experiment, which is almost impossible just like finding an actual God being hiding here or there and saying: Hey you found me you wicked witch!!
    So if you just think it's how it is (Big Bang or any other creation theory) , then that would make you and Darwin and any other atheist an actual believers just like those who believe in God..
    You know, there doesn't have to be a "reason" behind everything. Sometimes, things just happen out of pure luck or chance. Thinking there is a reason behind everything is actually a very straining and stressful to put onesself under.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  2. #422
    Senior Member geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    2,461

    Default What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The organic/inorganic distinction still holds, to encompass also modern prosthetics.
    I said flesh and blood, your human brain can fully understand how your flesh and blood works, but could never creat flesh and blood out of nowhere.. You call it organic whatever you like, but it still won't make any difference..


    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The highlighted views are admirable. I see atheists on a par with believers in that their perspective likewise rests on belief, not proof. Just as we cannot prove that God exists, we cannot prove that God does not. This makes agnosticism the only logically defensible position.
    Atheist perspective also lies on belief not proof, it's all theories and there is a possibility that any theory can be proven wrong, but for me, this universe was actually found out of nowhere and it can't create it self, that's not logical..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    “sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine


    6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3


  3. #423
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Atheist perspective also lies on belief not proof,
    No. It does not. Atheism is not a belief system. It is the absence of one.

    As for proof, it is the absence of proof that is the basis for not subscribing to any sort of belief system.




    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    it's all theories and there is a possibility that any theory can be proven wrong, but for me, this universe was actually found out of nowhere and it can't create it self, that's not logical..
    Theories are not generated or made without a lot of evidence and backing, just because they can be proven wrong by the advent of new evidence, doesn't make them invalid or unworthy.


    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    but for me, this universe was actually found out of nowhere and it can't create it self, that's not logical..
    Notice the bold. That is how you feel, so it is an individualistic stance that isn't supported. Just because you personally don't think it's logical, doesn't mean that it is actually logical.

    Science doesn't currently know where the universe came from. There are some working theories (it's outside of my field so I am not entirely familar with their details), but they aren't well supported yet, and thus not well regarded until new evidence comes to light. That's ok.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #424
    Senior Member geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You know, there doesn't have to be a "reason" behind everything. Sometimes, things just happen out of pure luck or chance. Thinking there is a reason behind everything is actually a very straining and stressful to put onesself under.
    I must agree with you thank you very much!! So that's why I don't try to find a reason that if there was a God why doesn't show himself? Like who am I to show himself to me? How is he like? Maybe he's all around us and we call him nature..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    “sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine


    6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3


  5. #425
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    No. It does not. Atheism is not a belief system. It is the absence of one.

    As for proof, it is the absence of proof that is the basis for not subscribing to any sort of belief system.



    You're only technically correct.

    Atheism may not be a belief system, but atheists, nevertheless, have a belief system as does everyone else.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  6. #426
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You're only technically correct.

    Atheism may not be a belief system, but atheists, nevertheless, have a belief system as does everyone else.
    Pointless splitting of hairs that does nothing to add or further the current discussion.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  7. #427
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Pointless splitting of hairs that does nothing to add or further the current discussion.
    You only say that because you hate having it pointed out because it shows the reality that you have no basis for believing you have a superior view.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  8. #428
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You only say that because you hate having it pointed out because it shows the reality that you have no basis for believing you have a superior view.
    No, because as I have pointed out, countless upon countless times that I have no interest in discussing religious topics with you. Reason being is you resort to this kind of bullshit every time where your goal is to try and make people who are not religious feel like shit, and then back up and dance around it like you did nothing wrong. It's the same game of derailing the discussion ever so slightly off religion/spirituality, and go "WAIT LOOK YOU DO BELIEVE STUFF!". It comes across like you get some sort of deeper satisfaction out of trying to show that atheists aren't actually atheists. It's... weird.

    Also, fun fact, I do not believe I have a "superior" view. As I have also pointed out countless times, the fact that you are under the delusion that I do illustrates that you do not understand who I am, or why I have the views that I do.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  9. #429
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default God is dead. Long live God.

    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Who created the DNA which Darwin has just discovered? The intelligent nature, you call it nature I call it God that's the difference..
    It was not DESIGNED: I'm glad you used that word buddy.
    yeah it was NOT designed it comes naturally, yet our human brain couldn't figure it out until like billion years later, so why do you think everything should be subjected to your human brain when there is much powerful brain that is beyond the ability of human brain, human brain is just discovering and trying to figure things out..
    As for the Big Bang, ok this "Bang" should have been something that actually bangs, some material, where did that material come from anyway? There must be a time where it wasn't there at all right? I don't buy that it was just there I'm sorry..
    And of course any theory can NEVER be proven by evidence unless we test it by actual experiment, which is almost impossible just like finding an actual God being hiding here or there and saying: Hey you found me you wicked witch!!
    So if you just think it's how it is (Big Bang or any other creation theory) , then that would make you and Darwin and any other atheist an actual believers just like those who believe in God..
    Perhaps you might like to consider that the printing press was invented in 1440 and the first book printed was the bible. Just as books have an author, it was natural to think the world has an author. and so we have the author of the bible, which we call the God of the Book.

    But into this Garden of Eden we invented the electric telegraph in 1840, followed by the electronic media: radio, the telephone, the television, and the internet. And so the book was relegated to the content of the electric media, and so the God of the Book was relegated also.

    In the 19th century this was described dramatically and poetically as the Death of God, when all that happened was the God of the Book was relegated. Perhaps we could say, poetically, that the God of the Book is dead.

    But you will be pleased to know that as the God of the Book is dead, so he rises again as the God of the Internet.

    God is dead. Long live God.

  10. #430
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    No, because as I have pointed out, countless upon countless times that I have no interest in discussing religious topics with you. Reason being is you resort to this kind of bullshit every time where your goal is to try and make people who are not religious feel like shit, and then back up and dance around it like you did nothing wrong. It's the same game of derailing the discussion ever so slightly off religion/spirituality, and go "WAIT LOOK YOU DO BELIEVE STUFF!". It comes across like you get some sort of deeper satisfaction out of trying to show that atheists aren't actually atheists. It's... weird.
    You're getting emotional about this. I'm just making logical arguments. You just want to ignore certain logical realities in order to persist in your beliefs. In other words, you prefer ignorance.

    That's fine. You don't have to engage me. But, my goals are merely to show the logical beginnings and ends of strains of thought. That's it. No need to try to claim I have nefarious motives.

    The bottom line is that you can dish it out but you can't take it.


    Also, fun fact, I do not believe I have a "superior" view. As I have also pointed out countless times, the fact that you are under the delusion that I do illustrates that you do not understand who I am, or why I have the views that I do.
    You actually want to argue that you don't have a sense of superiority? Really? Really? Really?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 08:17 AM
  3. What magazines do you subscribe to and why?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?
    By Spry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  5. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO