User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 31394041424351 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm wanting to develop my own blend of martial arts, physical training and serious exploration of spiritual disciplines besides prayer, meditation and reflective journaling which I'm familiar with already.
    Several martial arts styles already combine all these elements, though there is significant variation in emphasis from school to school. Some shy away from the spiritual dimension to try to avoid alienating people who might think that is incompatible with their religion, but many delve into it alongside the physical training.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Episcopalian. Just started going back to church with the lady.

Not every week, but a couple of times a month.
    It is meet and right so to do!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Pagan.

I believe the world itself is alive, tbh. Religion provides a way to tap into what is often described as the web of life, which connects us all. I also think our view of what is 'life/alive' is limited. The energy that crystals give off, for instance...it feels very much like the energy a supposed living being gives off. Places can have personalities and moods and your subconscious holds the doorway to other realms with otherworldly inhabitants.

In the words of Delenn (Bab 5): 'We are the Universe, made manifest.'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Your complicated body system was created by God is foolish idea= your PC was created by a manufacturer is a foolish idea..
    Why do you think the manufacturer would show himself to you any way? As for God, he would show himself to you after death anyway so he don't need you to believe him, and don't need you to make judges about believers, take your atheism with you and take off!!
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Your complicated body system was created by God is foolish idea= your PC was created by a manufacturer is a foolish idea..
    Why do you think the manufacturer would show himself to you any way? As for God, he would show himself to you after death anyway so he don't need you to believe him, and don't need you to make judges about believers, take your atheism with you and take off!!
    Well, that's unfortunate *sigh* meanwhile there's believers who arent that vexed by other peoples lack of belief, we can all get along.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Well, that's unfortunate *sigh* meanwhile there's believers who arent that vexed by other peoples lack of belief, we can all get along.
    Calling the idea of God (foolish) is humiliating to many people, you can choose to believe whatever you want but never underestimate a believer intellectuality, and that's what I've noticed is happening around here..

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Calling the idea of God (foolish) is humiliating to many people, you can choose to believe whatever you want but never underestimate a believer intellectuality, and that's what I've noticed is happening around here..
    I would say that its a good idea to treat others as you would have them treat you but never expect that others will adopt that idea themselves. I'm not perfect and dont succeed in doing so most of the time but I dont think a discussion really goes anywhere when you start down the "take your ideas and shove them" road.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

I would say that its a good idea to treat others as you would have them treat you but never expect that others will adopt that idea themselves. I'm not perfect and dont succeed in doing so most of the time but I dont think a discussion really goes anywhere when you start down the "take your ideas and shove them" road.
    When I think of becoming atheist, it would be to not involve myself in too many questions and discussion I'll be just glad there's no God that would tell me to do or not to do, it's strange that you guys keep involving in all these religion talks.. Anyway, the discussion only starts when you (speaking generally) saying your opinion without offending others, but when you offend others in your comments it's not a discussion anymore.. So my message was for the offenders only..you wanna talk? Talk with respect and you shall be respected, you wanna offend others? You better go away and we can be offensive as much as you are..
    So you see the discussion in this case didn't start from here, it actually ended here..

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

The simple fact is that for 3,000 years, since the Ancient Greeks, we have found no evidence at all for the existence of supernatural beings.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    415 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am a Christian and (an imperfect) follower of Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastover View Post
    why?
    I see God in everything around me.. I can't look at the majesty and intricacy of nature, the beauty and valiance of the human spirit, the innocence and love of the children I nanny.. and think that it all just is with no reason. I believe in God as creator.. but more than just creator. The God of the Bible is displayed as a Father God who created us to be family and object of His inherent love.

I've seen personal evidence of God in my life through continually experiencing specifically answered prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastover View Post
    What do you believe
    I doctrinally believe:
    - The Bible (Old and New Testaments) as inspired of God and revelation of God to man.
    - The true God as having revealed Himself as Creator of Heaven and Earth, an eternal being with no beginning or end, the embodiment of the Father/Son/Holy Spirit, and the redeemer of mankind.
    - Jesus Christ as the eternal Son of God.
    - Man's redemption through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
    - Salvation received through repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus Christ. Washed, regenerated, and renewed by God's Spirit, man becomes an heir of God, and given eternal life in Heaven.
    Enneagram 4dw 1w2 5w4 sx/so {The Researcher}
    Oldham Styles Mercurial, Sensitive, Idiosyncratic
    Temperament Sanguine Melancholic

..to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners..
    ..to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes..
    ~ Isaiah 61:1,3