User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 28363738394048 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What is the alternative?
    If you knew your history, then you would know were you're coming from, then you wouldnt have to ask me, who the hell do you think I am

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If you knew your history, then you would know were you're coming from, then you wouldnt have to ask me, who the hell do you think I am
    I know my history. And I have my own theories on things.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    For whatever it's worth to you, those ignorant of the message of Christianity are not condemned to hell according to Christian dogma.
    Sounds a bit like the game:

Rule 1: You are playing The Game.
    You, along with everyone else in the world, always is, always has been,
    and always will be playing The Game. Neither awareness nor consent is required to play.

Rule 2: Every time you think about The Game, you lose.
    Loss is temporary; as soon as you forget about The Game you stop losing.
    The objective of The Game is to forget that it exists. Good luck.

Rule 3: Loss of The Game must be announced.
    Every time you think about The Game, and hence lose, you must say so.
    This is the only rule that can be broken, but do you really need to cheat..?
    Likes Chrysanthea, Mane liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The alternatives with which I am familiar from history are grim indeed. As for you, I thought you valued your own position enough to want others to understand it. The fact that I have to ask means you have not explained yourself well. At all.

Of course, perhaps you want to be misunderstood.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The alternatives with which I am familiar from history are grim indeed. As for you, I thought you valued your own position enough to want others to understand it. The fact that I have to ask means you have not explained yourself well. At all.

Of course, perhaps you want to be misunderstood.
    Its a line from a Bob Marley song.

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    I'm a Christian, well for one I was brought up that way, and I'm really glad I was. Although I've definitely questioned Christian teachings; the way it makes no sense to atheists that God exists, it makes no sense to me that he doesn't. My experiences as well have definitely added to my belief.
    Now let's assume God actually created the universe. "Universe" pretty much means "absolutely everything that exists".
    If God created everything, there would have to be nothing before. Nothing includes God.

That means nothing could have created everything, because there would have to be something able to create everything, but if there is something, then that something is automatically everything, and there wasn't nothing in the first place.

That means God (irrelevant of its existence) didn't create the universe.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Now let's assume God actually created the universe. "Universe" pretty much means "absolutely everything that exists".
    If God created everything, there would have to be nothing before. Nothing includes God.

That means nothing could have created everything, because there would have to be something able to create everything, but if there is something, then that something is automatically everything, and there wasn't nothing in the first place.

I once used that argument debating with a Christian and he said, "God was around before the universe was". So I asked "What created God, then?" to which he replied, "God created himself". I asked "How?" and he said, "He just did, he can do anything".

When they put on the Armour Of God, they must do so to deflect logic and reasoning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I once used that argument debating with a Christian and he said, "God was around before the universe was". So I asked "What created God, then?" to which he replied, "God created himself". I asked "How?" and he said, "He just did, he can do anything".

When they put on the Armour Of God, they must do so to deflect logic and reasoning.
    What if God is existence itself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    What if God is existence itself.
    Then does that make God no more than a label? If we already call it existence then surely we don't need to refer to it as God, i.e. another word for the same thing?

I also saw the term God being interchangeable with "things we don't understand". Who believes in sun gods now, now that we know what the sun is?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Then does that make God no more than a label? If we already call it existence then surely we don't need to refer to it as God, i.e. another word for the same thing?

I also saw the term God being interchangeable with "things we don't understand". Who believes in sun gods now, now that we know what the sun is?
    Let us refine the definition of the word God then.