User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 26343536373846 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    The big bang may have been more of a 'fart' from an older universe, rather than a bang.
    Do you think it was more of a beefy fart, or an sulfurous eggy fart?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Do you think it was more of a beefy fart, or an sulfurous eggy fart?
    The Center Of Our Galaxy Smells Like Raspberries And Tastes Like Rum | IFLScience

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

So space is delicious? I can't say I'm surprised.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:
    Likes Luke O, N/A liked this post

Ahhh so that's where all the pirates have gone off to. There must be another Pirates of the Caribbean movie in order to explain their sudden advancement in the spacecraft industry.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthea View Post
    Ahhh so that's where all the pirates have gone off to. There must be another Pirates of the Caribbean movie in order to explain their sudden advancement in the spacecraft industry.
    Sometimes piracy is the best course.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

• 1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
    • 2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
    • 3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
    • 4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
    • 5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
    • 6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
    • 7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."
    I would say a 6 on this scale. I have less of a problem with the god question and far more of a problem with religion. Not one of them has gotten it right, not even close and they've all had plenty of time to work on it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I USED to practice, but not any more, simply because it no longer resonated with the path I wanted to be on. Religion is a tricky thing: it can be unifying or divisive, politically motivated or spiritually empowering, and loving or punishing, and often, it's ALL of that ALL at the same time. So I stepped out.

There are ways to feel included, to feel love and be loved, to have a sense of purpose, and to become fearless, without religion. The path I'm on is one of refining. I'm constantly taking out what no longer serves my growth and putting in what does, and sometimes what serves me might be a teaching from a particular religion, and sometimes it might mean letting something that was once important to me go.

If you need religion in your life, and it helps, then that is the path you need to be on. If it's beginning to feel a little constrictive and tight around the throat, and you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of fear, then maybe it's not serving you. There are things beyond culture, and beyond structures, and there is YOU, and YOUR truth, which you need to find.
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, Passacaglia liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grin View Post
    I USED to practice, but not any more, simply because it no longer resonated with the path I wanted to be on. Religion is a tricky thing: it can be unifying or divisive, politically motivated or spiritually empowering, and loving or punishing, and often, it's ALL of that ALL at the same time. So I stepped out.

There are ways to feel included, to feel love and be loved, to have a sense of purpose, and to become fearless, without religion. The path I'm on is one of refining. I'm constantly taking out what no longer serves my growth and putting in what does, and sometimes what serves me might be a teaching from a particular religion, and sometimes it might mean letting something that was once important to me go.

If you need religion in your life, and it helps, then that is the path you need to be on. If it's beginning to feel a little constrictive and tight around the throat, and you're stuck in a perpetual cycle of fear, then maybe it's not serving you. There are things beyond culture, and beyond structures, and there is YOU, and YOUR truth, which you need to find.
    Religion as a consumer choice in a buyers market.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Religion as a consumer choice in a buyers market.
    Heaven forbid people have a choice. You know, I really would like to have been alive during the 30 years' war. It would have been a blast.

Visit my Johari:

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Heaven forbid people have a choice. You know, I really would like to have been alive during the 30 years' war. It would have been a blast.
    Thanks for sharing.

Feel better.