• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

• Total voters

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I cant remember his name just now but the guy who wrote the League of Extraordinary Gentleman wrote a book about how TV was the unacknowledged "God" because it was "worshiped" by enough people, regularly enough, with devotion, that it kind of took on a strange sentience all of its own, its a mad story but it sure did make me think.

The first Manitou novel has a theme like that when I guy uses a telex machine as a representative of technology to defeat the ancients revered by an ancient indian shaman which has emerged from a boil on someones back.

If you haven't read Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" you should.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I'm sure I've expressed this before, and while I'm probably more of an atheist than anything, I find the anti-religion mentality kind of self-important and rude. Who cares what someone practices in their private lives? There's no need to attack someone's beliefs just because you don't understand them. Just sayin'.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm sure I've expressed this before, and while I'm probably more of an atheist than anything, I find the anti-religion mentality kind of self-important and rude. Who cares what someone practices in their private lives? There's no need to attack someone's beliefs just because you don't understand them. Just sayin'.

I think this sort of thing happens because many atheists are just sick and tired of religion being an excuse to treat certain groups of people like shit.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I think this sort of thing happens because many atheists are just sick and tired of religion being an excuse to treat certain groups of people like shit.
I guess I wasn't specifically trying to argue atheism versus religion or anything like that. What bothered me, especially looking through this thread as well, are direct attacks on someone's faith. Why is it okay for example to attack Islam because of what a few people are doing? Are we that stuck on broad generalizations?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I guess I wasn't specifically trying to argue atheism versus religion or anything like that. What bothered me, especially looking through this thread as well, are direct attacks on someone's faith. Why is it okay for example to attack Islam because of what a few people are doing? Are we that stuck on broad generalizations?

I haven't looked through the thread, but what I'm getting at is I definitely see why someone would directly attack someone's faith. If someone is using their religion to treat LGBT people poorly, for example, then you're damn right I'm going to criticize it.

No, it isn't right to attack Islam because of what terrorist groups are doing. But it IS okay to attack Islam for its discriminating principles. In using the LGBT issue, countries practicing laws taken from Islam legally punish those who practice homosexual sex.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a LaVayean Satanist. I believe in it because it encourages the natural urges and instincts man. One of the sins is stupdity so that sealed the deal for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

That would be lovely if only what the religious believe and practice actually stayed private. It doesn't, and Islam as well as sects of Protestant Christianity proselytize - or else. Either with oppressive laws, the sword or both.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh. Fairly spiritual... I meditate and whatnot. But I am Agnostic because I can't commit to anything and there is simply no absolute. I neither believe nor disbelieve in "God". But I hate religion and avoid it like the plague.

Mole

Permabanned

The problem is pretty clear: Christianity has the doctrine of the separation of Church and State, but Islam does not have the doctrine of the separation of Mosque and State.