User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 25333435363745 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

3 or 4. So in that case, probably 3.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Vaguely. I don't remember having much trouble with the one I used briefly.
    I grew up with that sound. So much so that I almost felt like I began to understand it to some degree.

MBTI
    STP

I am agnostic...I have issues with church and religion which cause me to not be religious. That is separate from God though...one is man...the other is well....god. so I am up in air about god. Someone asked me what I do since I am pretty much undecided. I live my life the way I believe it should be lived and do my best. If I am not accepted for that then I don't want to walk with God anyway. I guess I put stipulations on god, he better be a God to me or he is not a God in my eyes. Strange, but how I think. I judge on who he is, not what he does for me. I don't do vengeful, judgemental, etc. If he doesn't accept gay,bi, lesbian, trans then i will find a new god. If he holds piddly stuff above murder, etc. he is not my god. I refuse to follow what I don't believe. I am not even gay, bi,lesbian, or trans, but believe people shouldn't be judged on the piddly crap of the world. Friendliness, etc. Should matter more then sexual preference of anything like that.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I grew up with that sound. So much so that I almost felt like I began to understand it to some degree.
    Me too. Makes me nostalgic.

This was past the heyday of that noise, but I remember getting into very heated debates around 2002 - 2004. The experience helped shape me, and for the better, I think.
    Last edited by Julius_Van_Der_Beak; 06-11-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

How are people defining "God" exactly? Though I said I was an impartial 4, I am more inclined towards Atheism if the God mentioned is similar to the one in any religious text or script. If it's just a general, Supreme Force that put the universe into play... then as I said before, I abstain.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

3.5, probably. Then again, I don't think scientifically God can ever really be proven. It's just a matter of what you want to believe. As long as you're not hurting anyone, do whatever the hell you want. So, I really hate people who harm others in the name of religion. Live your life with your faith. If you want to share it with others, do so in a respectful manner. Meaning, if the person doesn't want to hear you talk about your faith, then quit talking about it with them. Be respectful.

I hate Christians who shit on atheists. I hate atheists who shit on Christians. Just live and let live. You know?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Chrysanthea, Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I'm Christian, agnostic at times - but I think that's very normal for every religious person. It's important to let go of yourself, to realize that not everything you feel like doing is what's best for you. Getting in touch with Christianity and those who adhere to it helped me understand this, and I think overall it's turned me into a healthier person. It's a shame about the fear of religion in modern society, of course there are those who misuse it... But it's really only about love, and the concept of love is very forgotten these days.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Fartology, becuz relief from pain
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes SiegfriedSchtauffen liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Fartology, becuz relief from pain
    The big bang may have been more of a 'fart' from an older universe, rather than a bang.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I'm Christian, agnostic at times - but I think that's very normal for every religious person. It's important to let go of yourself, to realize that not everything you feel like doing is what's best for you. Getting in touch with Christianity and those who adhere to it helped me understand this, and I think overall it's turned me into a healthier person. It's a shame about the fear of religion in modern society, of course there are those who misuse it... But it's really only about love, and the concept of love is very forgotten these days.
    Yes, I don't have a fear of religion itself, but I do have a fear of what people do in the name of religion. To me, religion is a collection of stories that many, many people take much too seriously.