User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

    36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

    25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

    6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

    1 0.76%
  • Islam

    2 1.53%
  • Christianity

    39 29.77%
  • Other

    22 16.79%
First 22303132333442 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 590

  1. #311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Little unclear on your meaning here - are you considering me judgmental of other people?
    Of course not, we're all saints here! I related to your experience of reconciling fruit. Speaking of fruit, did you know the @Mole is harmless to fruit trees and in fact can be beneficial in the garden as they eat grub worms and other pests that can be harmful to trees? It's true.
    Likes Noon liked this post

  2. #312
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Of course not, we're all saints here! I related to your experience of reconciling fruit. Speaking of fruit, did you know the @Mole is harmless to fruit trees and in fact can be beneficial in the garden as they eat grub worms and other pests that can be harmful to trees? It's true.
    Ah, I was wrong. You write more than boilerplate. Why, here you are having a go at Mole. Sure it's indirect, and disguised by calling Mole beneficial and harmless, but getting the knife in with Mole eating grubs and worms and other pests.

    So here you have been provoked by Mole to getting close to expressing your true feelings.

    But don't stop here. Your feelings are your own, and we love to hear them.

  3. #313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Ah, I was wrong. You write more than boilerplate. Why, here you are having a go at Mole. Sure it's indirect, and disguised by calling Mole beneficial and harmless, but getting the knife in with Mole eating grubs and worms and other pests.

    So here you have been provoked by Mole to getting close to expressing your true feelings.
    You're very good at that! I'm so close.

    But don't stop here. Your feelings are your own, and we love to hear them.
    Thank you for the encouraging words.


  4. #314
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    When people offend me, whether they're saved or unsaved, I take back my power by loving them. I know that I can't allow the disgust or pain I feel to rule over me because doing so opens the door for more strife and pain to ruin my ability to effectively represent Christ, and it eats away at me emotionally. I don’t want that to happen to me or to others.
    I wish all people who call themselves Christians would try as faithfully to represent Christ in their daily lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Reading your posts I can see they are written in boilerplate. Boilerplate lacks any spontaneity. Boilerplate is an official way of talking. Boilerplate is an extreme way of avoiding ourself. Boilerplate hides a rising hysteria.
    It's only boilerplate if you didn't come up with it yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Ah, I was wrong. You write more than boilerplate. Why, here you are having a go at Mole. Sure it's indirect, and disguised by calling Mole beneficial and harmless, but getting the knife in with Mole eating grubs and worms and other pests.
    You have it easy. The former member known as "garbage" invited much . . . messier . . . ribbing due to his username.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

  5. #315
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    You're very good at that! I'm so close.
    Thank you for the encouraging words.

    G'day Skinny, it's plain you are a dedicated person, and a serious dedicated person at that. This is a very good foundation to build on.

    As you can guess my interest is in spontaneity, and your good foundation gives you stability and safety to explore spontaneity. And dear Skinny I can see the gleam of spontaneity in your eye.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

  6. #316
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    When people offend me, whether they're saved or unsaved, I take back my power by loving them. I know that I can't allow the disgust or pain I feel to rule over me because doing so opens the door for more strife and pain to ruin my ability to effectively represent Christ, and it eats away at me emotionally. I don’t want that to happen to me or to others.
    I don't understand how you can keep doing this (not allowing disgust or pain to rule over you), and this is what I'm having the most trouble with. I don't understand how people can be intentionally cruel, or go out of their way to be so, or how good intentions can be used against you, and how in the end sometimes there's never a rebalance. It's not difficult to understand literally, but it's difficult to really accept. Not out of narcissism or moral outrage; it's hard to stay motivated. Sometimes I'm afraid that one day something so bad will happen that I won't recover from the stress. And then what? Aren't you useless to yourself, to religion, and to the world at that point?

  7. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default


  8. #318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I don't understand how you can keep doing this (not allowing disgust or pain to rule over you), and this is what I'm having the most trouble with. I don't understand how people can be intentionally cruel, or go out of their way to be so, or how good intentions can be used against you, and how in the end sometimes there's never a rebalance. It's not difficult to understand literally, but it's difficult to really accept. Not out of narcissism or moral outrage; it's hard to stay motivated. Sometimes I'm afraid that one day something so bad will happen that I won't recover from the stress. And then what? Aren't you useless to yourself, to religion, and to the world at that point?
    I've been there in thought, and I moved on.

    I understand where you're coming from, but I don't want to understand feelings that don't serve me well.

    I have no fears of someone permanently robbing me of my joy because I've always found the exit door and escaped. What can man do to me?

    In order for me to thrive in an environment, there must be respect. I can dislike the way people treat me and treat themselves even and still survive, but if people abuse me or themselves to a point where I can no longer filter out the abuse, then I prefer to remove myself from them.
    Likes Noon liked this post

  9. #319
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,685

    Default

    I find it interesting how anthropologists have considered that the true basis of religion is humanism or hope while atheists have considered it to be human failings and delusional thinking.

    I guess it just depends were you start from as to where you're going.

  10. #320
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I find it interesting how anthropologists have considered that the true basis of religion is humanism or hope while atheists have considered it to be human failings and delusional thinking.
    These are not mutually exclusive, and to some degree may even overlap. Just different perspectives on the same thing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 08:17 AM
  3. What magazines do you subscribe to and why?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?
    By Spry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  5. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO