User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an atheist

36 27.48%
  • I'm agnostic

25 19.08%
  • Buddhism

6 4.58%
  • Hinduism

1 0.76%
  • Islam

2 1.53%
  • Christianity

39 29.77%
  • Other

22 16.79%
First 123451353 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm Pagan in the short and simple terms of things.

I was raised Christian (though not strictly), and veered like most teenagers about the age of 13-14 when I was a bit confused about the teachings and how they didn't jive with my multicultural friendships. Wicca led me along my way, but I'm not exactly aligned with Wiccan teachings either. I'm more skeptical of things and more science-based than Wicca generally allows for.

I find rituals soothing, and the physical items and aspects of prayer peaceful and focusing. I don't believe in spell books per say, or casting spells in the movie sense, or anything like that, though they were great to start out with. I think as a human being I'd prefer to have some explanations be supernatural, and to feel auras and connectivity to people and things. I think there is a real reason humans, even super intelligent smart ones that know science and stuff, still fall back on religion. Some people don't need it, and never have, and that's cool too. I think it takes all types and varieties and that religion was originally a survival skill and then a way to thrive, however backwards and insane people make it at times. Something that influential shapes thoughts and actions and ideas, and I don't denounce that sort of power in development and guidance of people so easily. I don't think one religion is a right one.. and I find the general basis of most religions are the same: treat others well, take care of yourself, sacrifice for the sake of the greater good, help others even if you don't think you have much to offer, don't take your own life, and accept others as they are and don't judge them so easily. Those things can be found nearly in any religion.. and they all have their flaws, but those principles are there for the taking. Some need religion to make them happen.. some do not.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have believed in God as long as I can remember. I grew up Catholic but switched to Protestant when I got older. I thought the Catholic church was too regimented and conservative, felt the masses were uninteresting, and didn't think they had enough of a focus on reading and understanding what is in the Bible. Those were some reasons that I switched.

As to the existence of God, maybe one example would help. If you think about the human eye and incredibly complex it is, how could such a thing ever come into existence through sheer happenstance? It was designed.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Bknight, geedoenfj liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

in the future people will say that in this age we performed the ritual of the happy hour, t.v. hour, and worshiped at the altar of the ATM.

We don't see it that way because subjectively we are biased, but in truth, religiousness is mostly unconscious. Even atheists worship and perform rituals. They must or the society will ostracize them...the social hierarchy is more impenetrable than a mountain.

As for my personal beliefs, I fall between the continuum of Christian and Pagan depending on the psychological demands of my inner community.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if the chair is just invisble that means it's physically there you can't see but you have the potential of bumping into it. god if he exists is both invisble and untouchable like a ghost, so he'd be the OG (orginal ghost, hah! I crack myself up *dodges rotten tomatoes being thrown). so you could prove the chair existed just have people run into it
    By "invisible", I also meant immaterial.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eska View Post
    By "invisible", I also meant immaterial.
    are you sure? or are you now just claiming that cuz of what i said?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

are you sure? or are you now just claiming that cuz of what i said?
    Yes, I am sure, I think it's rather obvious that I meant that.

MBTI
    yupp

Yes, I am sure, I think it's rather obvious that I meant that.
    clearly not
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

clearly not
    How so?

MBTI
    yupp

How so?
    you claimed the chair was just invisble not that we could not touch as well, and since we can neither see nor touch chair then yes it is impossible to prove, and most people would probably think you were insane or just joshing or something but with god people don't think you're insane and that is the difference. personally if you want to believe their is a chair that can neither be seen nor touch behind you knock yourself and same goes with believing in god.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

you claimed the chair was just invisble not that we could not touch as well, and since we can neither see nor touch chair then yes it is impossible to prove, and most people would probably think you were insane or just joshing or something but with god people don't think you're insane and that is the difference. personally if you want to believe their is a chair that can neither be seen nor touch behind you knock yourself and same goes with believing in god.
    I did claim that the chair was invisible, although, my mistake was to not add that it was also immaterial, although that it was I meant.

It is irrelevant that people would think I'm insane, the same could be said about religious people who believe in 'God'.

My point is that both are neither provable or unprovable, also that there are a multitude of reasons as to why religion would be built on lies and/or misinterpretations.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post