• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

What Religion Do You Practice/Not Practice and Why?

• Total voters

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Processing personal value for the idea of theistic or non theistic beliefs...

...Processing complete.

Output: 0

(Though the term is technically an oxymoron, I would best be described as an apatheist as I've stated numerous times on the forum.)

Typical INTP answer. Also very boring.

Next.

;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION], [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], [MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION]

Please tell me what other gods you worship. Don't bore me by saying that you are an agnostic. Please accept my apologies if you have already mentioned this and I have missed it.

I'm a non-practicing Jew.

I'd say I was a Spinozan. It seems to describe my ideas on the God thing at least some of the time. I find it hard to make a leap to a totally random universe that suddenly just happened. I find existentialism to be sort of empty, like hitting myself with a red rubber ball over and over.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

I'd say I was a Spinozan. It seems to describe my ideas on the God thing at least some of the time. I find it hard to make a leap to a totally random universe that suddenly just happened. I find existentialism to be sort of empty, like hitting myself with a red rubber ball over and over.

See Fluffy, ^ is interesting.

I should read more on it. Perhaps watch a short (max minutes) documentary on it.

It's a western philosophy. As with all western philosophies I wouldn't be surprised if it has much to do with wisdom (understanding) than practice.

Stoicism seems to be a good exception.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I should read more on it. Perhaps watch a short (max minutes) documentary on it.

It's a western philosophy. As with all western philosophies I wouldn't be surprised if it has much to do with wisdom (understanding) than practice.

People keep referring me to that. I guess I'll have to check it out at some point.

Passacaglia

As a practicing existentialist, I find this to be the most quirkily humurous simile for existentialism I've ever heard. :happy0065:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION], [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], [MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION]

Please tell me what other gods you worship. Don't bore me by saying that you are an agnostic. Please accept my apologies if you have already mentioned this and I have missed it.

Azura, the goddess of twilight.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Lol. The first time I answered a thread like this I said I was a Christian. Definite atheist now.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm considering founding an Orphic cult, because this is baller.

You will find on the right in Hades' halls a spring, and by it stands a ghostly cypress-tree, where the dead souls descending wash away their lives. Do not even draw nigh this spring. Further on you will find chill water flowing from the pool of Memory: over this stand guardians. They will ask you with keen mind what is your quest in the gloom of deadly Hades. They will ask you for what reason you have come. Tell them the whole truth straight out. Say: 'I am the son of Earth and starry Heaven, but of Heaven is my birth: this you know yourselves. I am parched with thirst and perishing: give me quickly chill water flowing from the pool of Memory.' Assuredly the kings of the underworld take pity on you, and will themselves give you water from the spring divine; then you, when you have drunk, traverse the holy path which other initiates and bacchants tread in glory. After that you will rule amongst the other heroes.

Mole

Permabanned
Lol. The first time I answered a thread like this I said I was a Christian. Definite atheist now.

Yes, to be an atheist (a-theist) we need a God to be against. Thank heavens there are so many Gods to be against. It is an atheists' picnic.

So strictly speaking we should describe ourselves as Christian Atheists, or Hindu Atheists, or Muslim Atheists, or Pagan Atheists.

Each form of atheism is radically different depending on the God being rejected. To lump us all in as just Atheists hides the multiplicity and rainbow colours of Atheism.

Lark

Yes, to be an atheist (a-theist) we need a God to be against. Thank heavens there are so many Gods to be against. It is an atheists' picnic.

So strictly speaking we should describe ourselves as Christian Atheists, or Hindu Atheists, or Muslim Atheists, or Pagan Atheists.

Each form of atheism is radically different depending on the God being rejected. To lump us all in as just Atheists hides the multiplicity and rainbow colours of Atheism.

The only athiests I ever had time for were in fact naturalists or materialists and keener to be known as such.

The athiest and a theist share one thing in common, a preoccupation with God, which may not be strictly how God or good religion plans or expects life to be best lived and served.

Mole

Permabanned
The only athiests I ever had time for were in fact naturalists or materialists and keener to be known as such.

The athiest and a theist share one thing in common, a preoccupation with God, which may not be strictly how God or good religion plans or expects life to be best lived and served.

And interestingly we have anti-theists to add to theists and atheists, courtesy of Christopher Hitchens.

And indeed an avowed and published anti-theist killed a whole family of theists just the other day in the USA with, what a surprise, a gun.

The theists are awake to this anti-theism wheeze and rallied in their thousands, thousands of muslims in the USA, to rail against their new enemy, anti-theism.

It doesn't pay to be an enemy of Islam.

Last edited:

Lark

And interestingly we have anti-theists to add to theists and atheists, courtesy of Sam Harris. And indeed an avowed and published anti-theist killed a whole family of theists just the other day in the USA with, what a surprise, a gun.

The theists are awake to this anti-theism wheeze and rallied in their thousands, thousands of muslims in the USA, to rail against their new enemy, anti-theism.

It doesn't pay to be an enemy of Islam.

Get you turning the deaths of a bunch of muslims at the hand of a lunatic into a crime perpetuated by islam.

Dont really know were to begin with that one.

Mole

Permabanned
Get you turning the deaths of a bunch of muslims at the hand of a lunatic into a crime perpetuated by islam.

Dont really know were to begin with that one.

I think it is plain that muslims in the USA have realised that anti-theism is primarily directed at them, and I expect they will now fight against it.

Lark

I think it is plain that muslims in the USA have realised that anti-theism is primarily directed at them, and I expect they will now fight against it.

Well if this forum was anything to go by there's as much or more hating on Christianity than there is Islam.

The most bitter sorts of atheism I've ever encountered are in the english speaking world, there's nothing like it in France even, the most hyper secular place there is going, and the english speaking world was once the standard bearer for Christianity, or maybe I'm conflating protestantism with Christianity, which is a broader idea. Dont really know.

Mole

Permabanned
Well if this forum was anything to go by there's as much or more hating on Christianity than there is Islam.

The most bitter sorts of atheism I've ever encountered are in the english speaking world, there's nothing like it in France even, the most hyper secular place there is going, and the english speaking world was once the standard bearer for Christianity, or maybe I'm conflating protestantism with Christianity, which is a broader idea. Dont really know.

Well, we can blaspheme against Christianity with impunity, but blaspheming against Islam is life threatening.

Nicodemus

It is 'atheist', Lark. The opposite of 'theist'. Can you try to (re)present at least the term correctly?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Luckily I am not required to interest you. Nor am I in any way inclined to change my beliefs in order to interest people. That line of thinking is reserved for the hipocrits amongst us.