User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which support system for your post privatised school?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charity

3 8.82%
  • Corporate

10 29.41%
  • Religious

7 20.59%
  • I don't know/I love government control of education

14 41.18%
First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

If you're gifted, you're gifted. It doesn't matter your color, race, religion (in most cases--see: Aafia Siddiqui), etc...

If you're talented, you're talented. So long as you will use your talents for the progress of humanity, then you should have it cultivated so that you may put it to use, and reap lavish rewards for yourself, but more importantly, for your society.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Whenever I read your posts, I wonder if you just put down Time magazine, or some other useless periodical. Your posts are full of platitudes like "the poor condition of black education in America". You're clearly trying to make it sound like people who are against public education are racist.

Here's some reality for you. It's not about race, it's about class and the fact that government intervention exacerbates that problem. The rich will always be able to afford education, regardless of the system. When the government wrecks a system, like it has with education, the poor are affected the most. They're the ones stuck with crappy government run schools. In the past, there were charity funded schools, but not anymore. Government involvement has caused people to stop donating money for that cause because the government has assumed that responsibility. Can the solution be any more simple? I don't think so, but some people are obsessed with top-down organizations. They can't understand how systems can form naturally, without direction from above.
    Do you even disagree with the quote "the poor condition of black education in America"? It is in poor condition, that's a fact.

And I have no problem dividing things by class instead of race...but since blacks and minorities also tend to be in the lower classes, it doesn't matter which word you use.

Your Charity school dream is a reach. Conservatives and libertarians simply aren't usually the ones trying to come up with way to help minorities, because they are against taking public funds to help people generally, and they are against preferential treatment like with AA.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    If you're gifted, you're gifted. It doesn't matter your color, race, religion (in most cases--see: Aafia Siddiqui), etc...

If you're talented, you're talented. So long as you will use your talents for the progress of humanity, then you should have it cultivated so that you may put it to use, and reap lavish rewards for yourself, but more importantly, for your society.
    If you're a talented white person it's a lot easier to succeed then if you are a talented black person. Whites are presented with so many more opportunities to take advantage of generally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If you're a talented white person it's a lot easier to succeed then if you are a talented black person. Whites are presented with so many more opportunities to take advantage of generally.
    That is simply not true.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

That is simply not true.
    White families tend to have more money...there is more opportunity right there. Are you kidding?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Do you even disagree with the quote "the poor condition of black education in America"? It is in poor condition, that's a fact.

And I have no problem dividing things by class instead of race...but since blacks and minorities also tend to be in the lower classes, it doesn't matter which word you use.
    So why use the less accurate designation? There are lots of rich and middle class blacks who enjoy the same opportunities as rich and middle class whites. There are poor whites who have the same disadvantages as poor blacks. I see your use of terminology as disingenuous.

Your Charity school dream is a reach. Conservatives and libertarians simply aren't usually the ones trying to come up with way to help minorities, because they are against taking public funds to help people generally, and they are against preferential treatment like with AA.
    It's not a reach. You're really misinformed on the issue. Charity organizations were far more common in the past, but as government started assuming the responsibilities of the charities, their funding dried up. Instead of donating to charity, people were taxed.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

White families tend to have more money...there is more opportunity right there. Are you kidding?
    This is such a retarded argument. You keep attributing to race what should be attributed to economic status. Are you intentionally trying to waste my time?

MBTI
    INTP

So why use the less accurate designation? There are lots of rich and middle class blacks who enjoy the same opportunities as rich and middle class whites. There are poor whites who have the same disadvantages as poor blacks. I see your use of terminology as disingenuous.
    What's disingenuous about saying the state of black education in America is not good? It's true. Race and class should both be used when discussing demographics.

It's not a reach. You're really misinformed on the issue. Charity organizations were far more common in the past, but as government started assuming the responsibilities of the charities, their funding dried up. Instead of donating to charity, people were taxed.
    Expecting charities to pay for everyone's education is impractical. Funding of course would the main issue.

I see this charity school idea as just another part of the libertarian idealist dream world. It doesn't exist for a reason, it if did, that'd be great.

MBTI
    INTP

This is such a retarded argument. You keep attributing to race what should be attributed to economic status. Are you intentionally trying to waste my time?
    Do you disagree with that statement or not? Race and economic status are linked, there are patterns. You said the statement was false...but it's true, you won't even deny it.

You are the worst person to discuss politics with because you never make direct retorts, you keep on running somewhere else.

MBTI
    ESFJ

One big problem is that whenever there is talk of helping disadvantaged minority groups, economic conservatives protest.
    Do you think that may have something to do with the fact that there are just as many poor people in the United States today as there were when we declared "War on Poverty" over 40 years ago, and have spent trillions of dollars on anti-poverty initiatives? Turning the poor into wards of the state is not "helping disadvantaged minority groups" and the left refuses to believe that throwing money at them does little or nothing to alleviate poverty.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"