User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Islam Hasn't Changed: We Have

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Islamic rule, as doled out by extremists.

You're missing the point that I made. These reactions by the extremists are exactly that, reactions, motivated by geopolitical agenda. They're not happening in a bubble, isolated from any influence outside themselves. It seems you're not very educated about the evolution and rise of Islamic Terrorism, and the gradual rise of fundamentalism.

These extremists feel justified, in whatever twisted logic they have, to enforce their ideals into new territories, especially the secular, democratic West, because they feel that the West have been doing the same to them. Hence, my analogy. Rebelling against the authoritarian rule by turning into authoritarians themselves. "You did it to us. We're coming to you." The West have been going into THEIR countries, telling them how to live, "liberating" them, and waging wars that ravages their countries and their people.

When I say, "control your own actions", this is what I speak of. Rather than doing the blame game, which is rather ridiculous, ignorant and lazy (and dangerous), the West has to look at its own actions that contributed to the creation of such evil. And, cease and desist.

Why did they go to Iraq? Weapons of mass destruction?
    Why is the West supporting Israel?
    Fallout of the Cold War...

And many, many more........

It's interesting that the West, in its pure, noble pursuit to liberate oppressed people from tyrannical rule, has focused the majority of its energy on the Islamic states, while leaving civil war torn countries in Africa to deal with their own warloads and utter terror, with a few soldiers/UN sent as aid (compared to the military force they deploy for the Middle East). The torture that had been experienced by the people of Congo makes ISIS look like kindergarten kids. Why is nothing being done? Because it's contained. Let them kill each other. Let Africa burn. Yet, why not employ the same logic to the Middle East? Because the West has been entangled with them for far too long. The history of how Islamic Terrorism evolved cannot be written without mentioning the key involvement of the West. And now, the tension has reached its climax. And, interestingly enough, the West hasn't touched Saudi Arabia. Geopolitical motivations.

To focus on Islam, the religion, as the culprit for the rise of terrorists is a diversion from the real elephant in the room. These terrorists are using religion as a shield, as a justification, and you're buying their marketing.

I was waiting for someone to post something like this. I didn't feel like I had sufficient knowledge to make any claims, as I couldn't have backed it up with anything. I believe that there's a lot that goes on inside governments that the public has no idea of. Saudi Arabia is left untouched because there's a secret deal that allows dictators to continue ruling their regime and keeping their people ignorant, as long as they occasionally do someone favors with oil prices -- like now when they are trying to hurt Russia. And the media and NGOs are also being used to muddle things up.

Africa is left alone because no one cares about it. Once there is profit to be made, however, suddenly the world will be trying to 'liberate' the people of Africa.

It's all games, and it's a sad world.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Maybe but you need to be careful about how to fight these kinds of movements.

What you resist, persists and political islam sorely needs resistance, opposition and an other to constitute a threat or oppressor in order to exist.

For as long as the mobilised masses can believe that their poverty and oppression is a result of foreign devilry or something like it the longer the very conditions which keep them down will persist because they are not paying attention to the proper things to change to improve their lot.
    For a moment I thought how accurately this depicts Western feminism.

@OP I think most of the "beliefs" have had their moments of violence. The crusades come to mind and no I'm not just talking about the "popularized" ones, but the other kind as well; Albigensian Crusade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or how about the Northern Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

most violent religion on earth
    The article makes an outrageous claim without any proof. Lost all credibility right there.

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    9w1 sx/so
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    The article makes an outrageous claim without any proof. Lost all credibility right there.
    Well, I did warn you guys in a later post to take that article with a grain of salt. In case you didn't notice it, though, here it is word-by-word:

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Perhaps I haven't explained my own viewpoint clearly enough. My apologies!

Guys, I'm not against Islam, and I'm not against Muslims. In fact, I would take this article with a grain of salt. However, this is the point I want to make clear to you: asking other religions to remove their symbols and all, while wanting to have your symbols out there, seems quite hypocritical to me. I think people from all religions have a right to express their beliefs and wear their symbols freely, without worrying about offending others.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS:,