User Tag List

123 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Socrates was a fool: A new take on Socrates

I've been reading some old myth's like the Odyssey, Carl Jung, and listening to some lectures on social hierarchy and structure.

Socrates seems to have been a fool. He tries to disentangle the idea of gods without realizing that in general people don't have time to think too much about philosophy because they have to work so the myth's serve to keep order.

He pursued what he thought was good, truth, when in reality the truth was the society needed the myth to remain stable and so lives could be nurtured. The truth is, as Darwin said, that which sustains life, peace, etc, not that which is factual. We can talk about facts all day but this isn't wisdom.

The myths had a moral code which served to stabilize society, as they do today, for example we believe in many myths today such as that we have unalienable rights.

That's why Socrates was killed. He was a blight, and selfish fool, and devoted his brilliant mind to something profoundly absurd, attempting to dismantle the safety net of society.

There is not a single society which has not relied on tradition for stability. We can't buck tradition and be innovators without hurting more people than not. The ancient mind knew that deification of philosophy was what myth was and not literal belief. Socrates had no imagination.

If we look at the relationship of Uranus to Saturn symbolically we can see a floor plan for success when it comes to innovation. Learn the rules before you innovate or else you'll electrocute yourself. Safety first if you really want to be of use to society other wise it's just impulsive selfishness.

Sorry Socrates...today I shed my skin and am free of your corrosive attitude and I bath in my humanity and mystically participate.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

The universe, slung from a bow, flies truer than any.

It is no wonder our existence would favor the unthinking, nature certainly shows no care.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    The universe, slung from a bow, flies truer than any.

It is no wonder our existence would favor the unthinking, nature certainly shows no care.
    or maybe thinking is a cold reptilian thing and nature shows a lot of heart felt warmth which is irrational and not of the intellect, hence the intellect is symbolized as a sword. It reminded me of the philosophy behind Varuna, a vedic god that symbolized the idea that if something is analyzed to an extreme it kills that which is under the microscope as well as the observer. Interesting how these notions are embodies in gods from, almost 1000 years ago and are very practical today.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    or maybe thinking is a cold reptilian thing and nature shows a lot of heart felt warmth which is irrational and not of the intellect, hence the intellect is symbolized as a sword. It reminded me of the philosophy behind Varuna, a vedic god that symbolized the idea that if something is analyzed to an extreme it kills that which is under the microscope as well as the observer. Interesting how these notions are embodies in gods from, almost 1000 years ago and are very practical today.
    "What a book a devil's chaplain might write on the clumsy, wasteful, blundering low and horridly cruel works of nature!"
    Likes Passacaglia, Mole liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

"What a book a devil's chaplain might write on the clumsy, wasteful, blundering low and horridly cruel works of nature!"
    "nature gives with one hand while she takes with another"

But what if she gives you something better than she takes? Huh mr. smarty pants.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"nature gives with one hand while she takes with another"

But what if she gives you something better than she takes? Huh mr. smarty pants.
    The march of a trillion little lives into some collective form we can all call good

I'm just saying, it won't be won without thought and care.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The march of a trillion little lives into some collective form we can all call good

I'm just saying, it won't be won without thought and care.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

and

"redrum"
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

and

"redrum"
    through vigilance did Indra win lordship of the heavens

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

through vigilance did Indra win lordship of the heavens
    now we are like two samurai who have put down their swords and chosen to solve the issue with a shamanic dance under a star filled sky.
    it was open
    -the end"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post