• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Listening to your heart

ygolo

My termites win
What does it feel like when your heart speaks to you?

What do you experience?

LonestarCowgirl

What do you experience?

I don't remember feeling my heart until after I was baptized with the Holy Spirit. I felt voltage, and my heart was consumed with overwhelming love. I felt alive for the first time. I felt free from all of the things that held me down. I felt true joy. I felt true love, which led me to a revelation that God is love and the Bible is a love story. It's the kind of unconditional love that sets the heart free and leads the way to greater heights and heavenly places, if one lets it. The Holy Spirit strongly moves me outward with a caring for my fellow man, even under the harshest conditions. It's a miracle! :)

For those who experience the Holy Spirit, they'll tell you, they've never experienced anything like it, and they'll never be the same. It's available to everyone.

When I can't easily explain how I feel, there seems to be an unspoken language. I feel those who care for me, love me, and cherish me, understand my heart and true sentiments.

Mole

Permabanned

What do you experience?

The heart feels, so rather than speaking to us, our heart feels for us. And not only does our heart feel for us it feels for other people too.

So we need to cultivate our heart feeling. We can do this by practising empathy training. So not only will we be able to feel our own heart, but we will be able to feel the heart of another, and with empathy training we will be able to let them know we have felt their heart.

ygolo

My termites win
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] [MENTION=20075]Skinny-Love[/MENTION]

Is this something you experience only in the presence or with the memory of others?

Have you felt your heart while isolated or alone?

gromit

likes this
I think it just feels right, or wrong... the best i can think of is an analogy... if you try to stay underwater too long it gets harder and harder to stay down there, you are fighting against yourself. That is how it feels to me almost. Sometimes I try to ignore the heart and it feels like fighting against myself.

LonestarCowgirl

[MENTION=20075]Skinny-Love[/MENTION]Is this something you experience only in the presence or with the memory of others?
I don't think so.

Have you felt your heart while isolated or alone?
Yes. I absorb each meaningful moment and create a lasting memory. When I'm alone, I reflect on them and the joys they bring well up in my heart. I don't like to hurt or feel sorrow or reflect on painful things unless it's absolutely necessary; I would rather problem solve it away. When failure is imminent, I walk away.

If I seek to build or heal a relationship, my heart is equipped to lead the way.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It doesn't happen, or I never give thought to it. I really don't want to hurt other people, so I can kind of push myself out of the way or neglect myself. That might be more of an expectation than listening to your heart.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's pretty vocal, but I'm not often inclined to do what it says, as when I think through the consequences, they may not represent what I really want in the longer term or even what is sensible. This comes from a reading of "heart" to mean physical emotions, an association I make because I feel my emotions largely in my midsection, and defining steadier values as something that comes from the head. Others have defined these differently for themselves.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I am embroiled in a constant struggle between what my heart wills me to do, what my family and ancestors would want me to do, and what logic dictates to be right. Unfortunately, I am obsessed with doing the right thing and have enormous internal conflict about what that is...even about things that ordinary people might consider to be minor.

Again, as this is a public forum I'm reluctant to elaborate. But it is painful knowing that deep down, you want something very different to what you say you want, and what you've been told (implicitly and explicitly) is good for you.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mind and my instincts rule my little world 1st.

I'm trying to listen more and more often to my heart.

I'm even more hard-to please listening to his sounds.

I meditate, write and play theatre. Here I reconnect to my own feelings.

But in everyday life I keep them secretly to myself. The main thing for my well-being is not to share what I feel.

Just be able to feel :wubbie: And never fight with your own heart...

Ingrid in grids

I think listening to it can feel just like listening to another thought or option, however this one is usually recurring and persistent. The experience part comes through acting in line with that desire. For me it's usually a feeling of rightness, wholeness, goodness, and following a path that is somehow fated for me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What do you experience?

Go this way or that way according to what is right/wrong...it's not really listening to feelings (they kinda point the way ---->), it's more like trying to feel out the direction that leads to what I believe in. Like a lighthouse maybe? Ignoring it gives me a bad feeling. Maybe not in the beginning but if I really need to pay attention, I can't keep in stupid-stubborn mode for long. Oddly enough, this happens when I'm only going by emotions.

... this is hard to explain! And it's oh so tidy and eloquent in my head. :(