User Tag List

First 123

Frankly, I can't see the connection between fact checking, brain washing, and dispelling illusions.

They seem to be disparate without a common link. Fact checking and dispelling illusions seem to be the opposite of brain washing.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Frankly, I can't see the connection between fact checking, brain washing, and dispelling illusions.

They seem to be disparate without a common link. Fact checking and dispelling illusions seem to be the opposite of brain washing.
    Haven't you just stated what the link is? 2 of them are opposites of the other. Naturally, they would require a similar grounding to explain what they are.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmmm, I don't see what defining them without the use of the word reality does for anything... but I'll give it a shot. Instead of using the word 'reality' I'll use fantasy.

Fact checking - When you have a story and you want to cross reference the fantastical events in it with other well-told stories referencing the same fantastical events.
    Brain Washing - When a person's fantastical view of the world and values is replaced forcibly with another person's fantasy to further mythical and magical agendas.
    Dispelling Illusions - When the above is reversed, returning the person's view of the world to their preferred version involving unicorns.

Wheeee.

Enneagram
    7w6

I think it is necessary to imagine a plane, instead of a line. The point in the middle, or perhaps their is a circle within in that plane, where you can traverse around it without ever entering it. You don't need reality to know what you believe is a delusion, only your own opinion of another's perceptions incorrectness. You can dispel an illusion with another illusion. None of these ever have to touch reality. Fact checking is the hardest one, but if you won't allow "reality" into your view then you can examine facts just the same.