• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Explain "fact checking", "brain washing", "dispelling illusions" without "reality"

Mole

Permabanned
Frankly, I can't see the connection between fact checking, brain washing, and dispelling illusions.

They seem to be disparate without a common link. Fact checking and dispelling illusions seem to be the opposite of brain washing.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Frankly, I can't see the connection between fact checking, brain washing, and dispelling illusions.

They seem to be disparate without a common link. Fact checking and dispelling illusions seem to be the opposite of brain washing.

Haven't you just stated what the link is? 2 of them are opposites of the other. Naturally, they would require a similar grounding to explain what they are.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, I don't see what defining them without the use of the word reality does for anything... but I'll give it a shot. Instead of using the word 'reality' I'll use fantasy.

Fact checking - When you have a story and you want to cross reference the fantastical events in it with other well-told stories referencing the same fantastical events.
Brain Washing - When a person's fantastical view of the world and values is replaced forcibly with another person's fantasy to further mythical and magical agendas.
Dispelling Illusions - When the above is reversed, returning the person's view of the world to their preferred version involving unicorns.

Wheeee.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
I think it is necessary to imagine a plane, instead of a line. The point in the middle, or perhaps their is a circle within in that plane, where you can traverse around it without ever entering it. You don't need reality to know what you believe is a delusion, only your own opinion of another's perceptions incorrectness. You can dispel an illusion with another illusion. None of these ever have to touch reality. Fact checking is the hardest one, but if you won't allow "reality" into your view then you can examine facts just the same.