User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default Tarot Based Thread

    Self Explanatory Tarot Based Thread.

    Pull a card and record your thoughts, ideas, etc.

    I pulled the QUEEN OF SWORDS.

    The QUEEN OF SWORDS does not suffer fools. She comes off as bossy and to the point. Her words can be acrid and bitter, after all words are wielded by thoughts as swords...our thoughts effect others by our words.

    She could be a man or a woman.

    She does not suffer fools but is that wise considering that she may be a fool herself for being so honest and blunt?

    Lesson: Truth is best served luke-warm. The key is that we are "one." Advice which harms even if truthful and honest is not good for the soul and the spirit. Self-respect is also associated with the QUEEN OF SWORDS. She encourages us to be strong within the mental realm. Have we been too much in our hearts? Our heart's desire is not always what is best for us. The QUEEN OF SWORDS begs the question: do we walk the middle path?



    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  2. #2
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    The Tarot, Astrology and MBTI all induce a pleasant trance state where we are vulnerable to suggestion.

    Such a trance state is pleasurable because it puts our critical mind to sleep for a while, and we can accept without criticism whatever is suggested to us.

    We seek such trance states as a relief from emotional pain.

    But if we wish to grow up we need to learn to think critically which produces cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful.

    And the Tarot, Astrology and MBTI put off the need to grow up.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Self Explanatory Tarot Based Thread.

    Pull a card and record your thoughts, ideas, etc.

    I pulled the QUEEN OF SWORDS.

    She looks restless. Also like she's not actually wearing the crown.
    What's up with the dogs?
    Pentacles are the only suit not depicted in this particular card. I wonder why they left them out.

    I've always found court cards hard to read. Is it advice for how you are? How you should or shouldn't be? Some other person in your life? I don't even know.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  4. #4
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Tarot, Astrology and MBTI all induce a pleasant trance state where we are vulnerable to suggestion.

    Such a trance state is pleasurable because it puts our critical mind to sleep for a while, and we can accept without criticism whatever is suggested to us.

    We seek such trance states as a relief from emotional pain.

    But if we wish to grow up we need to learn to think critically which produces cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful.

    And the Tarot, Astrology and MBTI put off the need to grow up.
    i appreciate your response. most of the day i'm doing mostly analytically work so i like to lean on the tarot to induce this trance state and hypnotize myself in to relaxing. i don't base actual decisions on it but i find it a good way to explore my subjective state. i appreciate your response. it shows concert for your fellow people and it's always healthy to lean on the side of skepticism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    She looks restless. Also like she's not actually wearing the crown.
    What's up with the dogs?
    Pentacles are the only suit not depicted in this particular card. I wonder why they left them out.

    I've always found court cards hard to read. Is it advice for how you are? How you should or shouldn't be? Some other person in your life? I don't even know.
    i see them as weighted cards of the suit meaning that they are more significant samples from the population of let's say for example the suit of swords - the one in this instance.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  5. #5

    Default

    No thank you. Not this time. There isn't a card, a star, or an incantation powerful enough to heal me and change my life the way Jesus did. Just give me Jesus.

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    No thank you. Not this time. There isn't a card, a star, or an incantation powerful enough to heal me and change my life the way Jesus did. Just give me Jesus.
    I'd love to give you Jesus, but which one?

    Jesus the Jewish Messiah, regected by Judaism because he failed to drive out the Romans.

    Or perhaps Jesus the Christ, a Roman God, who in return rejected the Jews.

Similar Threads

  1. Poll Based Thread Survey
    By HilbertSpace in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
  2. Introductory threads encouraged!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
  4. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO