User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Stefan Molyneux: Cult Leader, Philosopher, or Crackpot?

Stefan Molyneux is a YouTube legend, a guy who sounds educated and philosophical, but who recently has had hit pieces done on him by notable YouTube atheist Thunderf00t and Zeitgeist founder Peter Joseph (this last about a year ago).

Additionally, I've heard that he has founded a cult.

The Young Turks got mad at him recently because he challenged Ana Kasparian.

So, there has been a bit of controversy, but I'm not entirely sure if he just attracts a lot of criticism for his non-PC views on society, or because he genuinely is intellectually dishonest/ a would-be cult leader.

I lean towards thinking that he is just a harmless crackpot convinced of the holy power of the market.

Opinions?

He could well be all of the above. I doubt he will take over the world, though, so I will continue to ignore him and laugh at people who look for gurus to tell them how to live their lives.
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Hard liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

i've often wondered about this gentleman myself, although I can never pronounce his name, nor spell it properly - at least not without copy and pasting.

he sounds like Frazier on adderal but probably only drinks mocha tea.

so my vote is all of the above.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    he challenged Ana Kasparian.
    Never heard about him but this alone makes him a bad person! Ana
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I used to watch some of his stuff a while ago, because he talks about libertarian stuff, but then I think he sees things in too rational terms....like most liberatarians do......His views are far out compared to mainstream political thought..but no different to what many other libertarians think........
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    I used to watch some of his stuff a while ago, because he talks about libertarian stuff, but then I think he sees things in too rational terms....like most liberatarians do......
    Do you think libertarians think more rationally than the average person?
    Why?
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Opinions?
    I can't get past his tone of voice.What does his tone of voice say about him? Is it a tattle-tale? Is it trying to express something he consciously knows not? His rationality can control everything but his tone of voice, which has a voice of its own, if only we would listen.

Does his tone of voice touch the heart? Is it the tone of voice of a man drowning in rationality? What would happen if he became aware of his own tone of voice?

Could we mimick his tone of voice just to see how it feels?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I can't get past his tone of voice.What does his tone of voice say about him? Is it a tattle-tale? Is it trying to express something he consciously knows not? His rationality can control everything but his tone of voice, which has a voice of its own, if only we would listen.

Does his tone of voice touch the heart? Is it the tone of voice of a man drowning in rationality? What would happen if he became aware of his own tone of voice?

Could we mimick his tone of voice just to see how it feels?
    He sounds heartless to me.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    He sounds heartless to me.
    Or perhaps broken hearted and hiding behind rationality.
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

He used a DMCA takedown against a channel (Tru Shibes) that was critical of him (under the excuse that it was doxing people - it wasn't, that was another channel that was taken down at the same time; fortunately Molyneux is being sued by the owner of the Tru Shibes channel now), he never responds to criticism of his philosophical work (such as the videos made by YouTubers anarchopac and Philosophy Lines), his forum is heavily censored with mods who are more than happy to delete any posts and permanently ban users who say anything negative about him (or even just bring up the fact that he's being sued), and two former "inner circle" members have come out and accused Freedomain Radio of being a cult:

Interview with Colleen, who DeFOOed the “Cult” of Stefan Molyneux – Freedom Feens live radio archive | FREEDOM FEENS talk radio show

The Truth About Stefan Molyneux, from Two People Who Were in His Inner Circle – Freedom Feens live radio archive | FREEDOM FEENS talk radio show
    very signature
    much personal
    every post
    wow