• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stefan Molyneux: Cult Leader, Philosopher, or Crackpot?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Stefan Molyneux is a YouTube legend, a guy who sounds educated and philosophical, but who recently has had hit pieces done on him by notable YouTube atheist Thunderf00t and Zeitgeist founder Peter Joseph (this last about a year ago).

Additionally, I've heard that he has founded a cult.

The Young Turks got mad at him recently because he challenged Ana Kasparian.

So, there has been a bit of controversy, but I'm not entirely sure if he just attracts a lot of criticism for his non-PC views on society, or because he genuinely is intellectually dishonest/ a would-be cult leader.

I lean towards thinking that he is just a harmless crackpot convinced of the holy power of the market.

Opinions?

Nicodemus

He could well be all of the above. I doubt he will take over the world, though, so I will continue to ignore him and laugh at people who look for gurus to tell them how to live their lives.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
i've often wondered about this gentleman myself, although I can never pronounce his name, nor spell it properly - at least not without copy and pasting.

he sounds like Frazier on adderal but probably only drinks mocha tea.

so my vote is all of the above.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to watch some of his stuff a while ago, because he talks about libertarian stuff, but then I think he sees things in too rational terms....like most liberatarians do......His views are far out compared to mainstream political thought..but no different to what many other libertarians think........

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
I used to watch some of his stuff a while ago, because he talks about libertarian stuff, but then I think he sees things in too rational terms....like most liberatarians do......

Do you think libertarians think more rationally than the average person?
Why?

Mole

Permabanned
Opinions?

I can't get past his tone of voice.What does his tone of voice say about him? Is it a tattle-tale? Is it trying to express something he consciously knows not? His rationality can control everything but his tone of voice, which has a voice of its own, if only we would listen.

Does his tone of voice touch the heart? Is it the tone of voice of a man drowning in rationality? What would happen if he became aware of his own tone of voice?

Could we mimick his tone of voice just to see how it feels?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't get past his tone of voice.What does his tone of voice say about him? Is it a tattle-tale? Is it trying to express something he consciously knows not? His rationality can control everything but his tone of voice, which has a voice of its own, if only we would listen.

Does his tone of voice touch the heart? Is it the tone of voice of a man drowning in rationality? What would happen if he became aware of his own tone of voice?

Could we mimick his tone of voice just to see how it feels?

He sounds heartless to me.

Philosofree

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
He used a DMCA takedown against a channel (Tru Shibes) that was critical of him (under the excuse that it was doxing people - it wasn't, that was another channel that was taken down at the same time; fortunately Molyneux is being sued by the owner of the Tru Shibes channel now), he never responds to criticism of his philosophical work (such as the videos made by YouTubers anarchopac and Philosophy Lines), his forum is heavily censored with mods who are more than happy to delete any posts and permanently ban users who say anything negative about him (or even just bring up the fact that he's being sued), and two former "inner circle" members have come out and accused Freedomain Radio of being a cult:

Interview with Colleen, who DeFOOed the “Cult” of Stefan Molyneux – Freedom Feens live radio archive | FREEDOM FEENS talk radio show

The Truth About Stefan Molyneux, from Two People Who Were in His Inner Circle – Freedom Feens live radio archive | FREEDOM FEENS talk radio show

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
His entire philosophy is very... Cult-ish? Has anyone heard of his "DEFOOING" practice? I don't think that's how it's spelt, but he basically says to ignore anyone that criticises you, and to remove them from your life. That's the exact kind of behaviour that cults encourage.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
His entire philosophy is very... Cult-ish? Has anyone heard of his "DEFOOING" practice? I don't think that's how it's spelt, but he basically says to ignore anyone that criticises you, and to remove them from your life. That's the exact kind of behaviour that cults encourage.

Yeah, I looked into him more, and I'm convinced he's not intellectually honest. And maybe cultish as well. He has this anti-women thing going on; and I didn't just hear two words and say 'misogynist', I heard him out and decided that basically he just picks at the weaknesses of certain personality types which happen to be more often female than male, and ignores the weaknesses of certain other personality types which are more often male than female.

Lark

Stefan Molyneux is a YouTube legend, a guy who sounds educated and philosophical, but who recently has had hit pieces done on him by notable YouTube atheist Thunderf00t and Zeitgeist founder Peter Joseph (this last about a year ago).

Additionally, I've heard that he has founded a cult.

The Young Turks got mad at him recently because he challenged Ana Kasparian.

So, there has been a bit of controversy, but I'm not entirely sure if he just attracts a lot of criticism for his non-PC views on society, or because he genuinely is intellectually dishonest/ a would-be cult leader.

I lean towards thinking that he is just a harmless crackpot convinced of the holy power of the market.

Opinions?

The market and holy power are anathema to one another.