• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Satanic Bible-Source of Personal Inspiration

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I once brought a Satanist home with me. First and only time I've interacted with one...it went a little like this:

A Memory--

"You are different," the Icelandic boy said to me.

"I am," I said.

"I worship Satan," he said. "You should fear me."

He showed me some hideous spider ring on his finger with ruby eyes. I thought it was gaudy, over dramatic, but all I said was, "Well, ain't that somethin'?"

I smiled and held up my little finger. "I have enough power in my pinky-finger to cast Satan in the pits of hell. I have the surge of the Almighty flowing through me. I know what I am," I said. "Why should I fear you?"

"I can destroy your body," he said.

"It's only a body," I replied. "It's not permanent anyway. You can't do anything to me unless I let you."

"I'm nervous," he said. "I need a smoke."

"Let's go outside then," I said.

"All right," he said, so we did. Then we played basketball. He got winded, so we had to quit.

"What is it about you? How can you not fear me? Don't you think I'm weird? Doesn't my appearance bug you?"

I looked at him. Seventeen, tattooed like a billboard for bad boys, rings in his ears, his nose, his eyebrows, his tongue, pale skin, black hair, tired eyes, dreadlocks that hadn't been washed in...maybe forever, tough face...terrified interior.

I tossed the ball in the goal and caught it as it sprang up off the pavement. "Why should I care what you look like?"

I pitched the ball to him. He caught it and breathed heavily. The heavy smoking and lack of physical exercise made him weak, even though he was foot taller than I. "Well," he said. "Just stay over there, because...you scare me."

"Wanna watch Lion King?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you stay on the other side of the room," he said.

So we walked back to the house and watched Lion King. He never came back to my house.

Some part of me pitied him because he tried so hard to get a reaction out of people. I think he owned a Satanic Bible.

The idea of course is that Satan preys upon the weak, so I have trouble rejecting the idea of ancient energetic evil, because people who embrace Satanism actually are many times insecure or self destructive, and Native American tribes even believed that certain places weren't haunted by "ghosts" of a human residual form but of entities that were prehuman that preyed on human weakness. I tend to put more stock in ideas that have been expressed by seemingly philosophically divergent and geographically separate groups.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem with Satanism is not even that Satan is real or not real, but that it glorifies worship of the self. And worshipping yourself pretty much would be my definition of Satanic because it pretty squarely opposes almost any mainstream religion that recognizes us as parts of a whole. The church is the body of Christ. Buddhists say we are all one.

Yeah, that's kind of how I see "Satanism." Not some child sacrificing cult, but more self-indulgence in all of the 5 senses. Can lead to addiction, broken relationships, temporary pleasure over happiness, and so on. And cutting yourself off from others and the natural world is mighty risky. Dancing on quicksand.

The idea of course is that Satan preys upon the weak, so I have trouble rejecting the idea of ancient energetic evil, because people who embrace Satanism actually are many times insecure or self destructive, and Native American tribes even believed that certain places weren't haunted by "ghosts" of a human residual form but of entities that were prehuman that preyed on human weakness. I tend to put more stock in ideas that have been expressed by seemingly philosophically divergent and geographically separate groups.

I'm sure to some goth like kid (is goth still around?) without a healthy environment would be drawn to some bullshit version of satanism, just to try and feel empowered cuz it's like sooo evil and stuff.

Even though those kind of kids are easily winded after 10 minutes of basketball, haha. that was a pretty funny story.

But I think older more serious occult practitioners, like The Beast, Aleister Crowley, Tool (the band), and even Led Zeppelin were simply interested in channeling that dark energy. (Jimmy Page bought Crowley's Scottish Manor which was apparently haunted before Crowley. Next to Loch Ness and up a hill from a graveyard).

I think there is ancient evil around, and playing with it, well you better be spiritually grounded is all I'm sayin'. No matter what the reality is behind our limited human senses, thick black intention in some dark magickal ritual is going to yield some kind of result. Occult magick is "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." And the change may be to someeone or something, but it wil come around andl bite you in the ass eventually.

But that's really just kind of the laws of nature. The same goes for positive intentions, or White Magick, Green Magick.

I have zero faith that praying for something can make it so, just like that. However, praying (a form of Will or intention) can work THROUGH whoever's praying, I think. It's not all as mystical as some would make it out to be.

I pray to be helpful to people, well shit, maybe I'm just a little more aware of that guy in the parking lot that needs to jump start his car.

And so on.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

Thanks, Marmotini, for reading my story and adding your thoughts. It's an actual recount of something that happened to me.

You are right about the diverse occurrence of such beliefs.

I strongly believe in the existence of the spirit worlds and that there are entities that pass back and forth from one realm to the next, but I prefer not to discuss my deepest held beliefs here.

I may occasionally touch on them, or even blog about them, and will definitely talk about them in private messages, if I feel the inquirer is sincere and not someone who just wants to "prove" me wrong or get a rise out of me. haha.

As for preying upon the weak, if I were the devil, I'd simply deceive the masses and have a banquet.

One thing I would surely shroud would be my existence and the other thing would be my weaknesses.

Tater

Who would you prefer? Sweet Jesus meek and mild, or Satan who would prefer to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven?

i thought about selling my soul to a number of people, but they all said i had insufficient funds. lol

Mole

Permabanned
Belief in God is a shared fantasy, so it is natural that belief in Satan is also a shared fantasy.

Shared fantasies are psychologically powerful, but if we stop taking part in a shared fantasy, it loses its psychological power.

The downside is that shared fantasies make us feel good. And who wants to give up that?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wasn't aware that we could have threads representing religions that we draw inspiration from.

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey is a spiritual book that I have often looked to in times of spiritual need.

I just love Satan so much that I thought I'd honor him in this thread (yes, I'm serious and will provide scripture and personal testimonies).

To start I'd like to quote from the The Nine Satanic Statements, specifically #7 .

7. "Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often
worse than those that walk on all‐fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual
and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

Man as just another animal is a central belief in my philosophical outlook. Once mankind began to see itself as ABOVE other animals and ABOVE Nature itself, is when, I believe, we started becoming more and more out of harmony with the Earth.

Man is not special, IMO, and like #7 suggests, we are, almost irrefutably, the most destructive. Once we look at humans as animals, I think we begin to make much more sense. Our base desires, urges, proclivities, etc. *

And, as the seventh Satanic Statement suggests, we are also capable of some of the greatest good. More on that later.

ok, that's enogh for now. More inspiration from Satan to come!

Man is just another animal. For the purpose of academics, I wholeheartedly agree.

Mole

Permabanned
Lucifer and Satan

The name of Satan in Heaven was Lucifer, which means Angel of Light.

Lucifer was so bright God became jealous and kicked Lucifer our of his home, Heaven, condemned him to hell, and called him Satan.

But in the court of public opinion did Lucifer, now Satan, complain that his Father had abused him and kicked him out of his home? No Satan did not whine and make excuses. Satan stood up boldly to his abusing God the Father, and said, I would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven, and so kept his dignity.