• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Satanic Bible-Source of Personal Inspiration

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't aware that we could have threads representing religions that we draw inspiration from.

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey is a spiritual book that I have often looked to in times of spiritual need.

I just love Satan so much that I thought I'd honor him in this thread (yes, I'm serious and will provide scripture and personal testimonies).

To start I'd like to quote from the The Nine Satanic Statements, specifically #7 .

7. "Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often
worse than those that walk on all‐fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual
and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

Man as just another animal is a central belief in my philosophical outlook. Once mankind began to see itself as ABOVE other animals and ABOVE Nature itself, is when, I believe, we started becoming more and more out of harmony with the Earth.

Man is not special, IMO, and like #7 suggests, we are, almost irrefutably, the most destructive. Once we look at humans as animals, I think we begin to make much more sense. Our base desires, urges, proclivities, etc. *

And, as the seventh Satanic Statement suggests, we are also capable of some of the greatest good. More on that later.

ok, that's enogh for now. More inspiration from Satan to come!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Book of Fire:The Infernal Diatribe, Verse 5:

Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence, and he who saith
“thou shalt” to me is my mortal foe!

To me, this contains the idea of blindly accepting ANY faith, including Satanism. And whenever a religion or authority figure decries, "Thou Shalt!," I always question it. It is the eternal skeptic in me that rises to these commandments. Sometimes there is sage advice in them, sometimes commandments are from the mouths of those with ulterior motives. And nearly always, commandments are never black and white.

"Thou shalt not kill" what if someone has a knife to your child and you are a trained sniper with a targeting reticle on their apricot? (apricot=sniper terminology for the brain stem, a perfect shot there is instant death, simultaneously killing all involuntary motor functions of a body, making any movement after a kill impossible)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Thou shalt not kill" what if someone has a knife to your child and you are a trained sniper with a targeting reticle on their apricot? (apricot=sniper terminology for the brain stem, a perfect shot there is instant death, simultaneously killing all involuntary motor functions of a body, making any movement after a kill impossible)

If a thief is struck or killed as he is breaking in, and you feel your life is in danger, there shall be no guilt incurred. ~Exodus 22:2-3

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, there is no word for rape in the Bible, though there are words that describe it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If a thief is struck or killed as he is breaking in, and you feel your life is in danger, there shall be no guilt incurred. ~Exodus 22:2-3

Heeyy, good to know. So does that mean the Ten Commandments are kind of a gray area?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More from the First Book of Satan (Fire)

The Infernal Diatribe, Verse 1:

1. In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear.
To the East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a
sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong!

As harsh as this sounds, I read this as the World being a very cruel place and to navigate it and be successful in it, you have to be strong, both mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Of course, one could always retreat from the World and become a monk/nun, but I am not ready for that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wasn't aware that we could have threads representing religions that we draw inspiration from.

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey is a spiritual book that I have often looked to in times of spiritual need.

I just love Satan so much that I thought I'd honor him in this thread (yes, I'm serious and will provide scripture and personal testimonies).

To start I'd like to quote from the The Nine Satanic Statements, specifically #7 .

Man as just another animal is a central belief in my philosophical outlook. Once mankind began to see itself as ABOVE other animals and ABOVE Nature itself, is when, I believe, we started becoming more and more out of harmony with the Earth.

Man is not special, IMO, and like #7 suggests, we are, almost irrefutably, the most destructive. Once we look at humans as animals, I think we begin to make much more sense. Our base desires, urges, proclivities, etc. *

And, as the seventh Satanic Statement suggests, we are also capable of some of the greatest good. More on that later.

Indeed, aside from the cyanobacteria of old, few creatures have done so much to change the environments as mankind.

gromit

likes this
I dunno, humanity has the capacity for tremendous creation AND tremendous destruction. Regardless of whether other animals can or cannot do this, but they don't seem to create /destroy at such widespread and systematic levels as humans do. We are different in that regard.

It is our duty as humans to try to be wise and respectful about our ability and desire to create and destroy.

Chthonic

I dunno, humanity has the capacity for tremendous creation AND tremendous destruction. Regardless of whether other animals can or cannot do this, but they don't seem to create /destroy at such widespread and systematic levels as humans do. We are different in that regard.

It is our duty as humans to try to be wise and respectful about our ability and desire to create and destroy.

My personal pet theory is that our emotional evolution has simply failed to keep up with the invention of opposable thumbs. It wasn't long before we thought we were pretty special because of the ugly digit and then we started making stuff....Maybe this is in fact nature's own self-combust mechanism to ensure our own extinction in rapid order. We certainly seem to be going great guns at inventing ourselves out of a place to inhabit.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So you're saying you and Satan are on the same page here?

Satanic Statement #7 .

and intellectual development [and thumb digit],” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

gromit

likes this
So you're saying you and Satan are on the same page here?

Satanic Statement #7 .

and intellectual development [and thumb digit],” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

Ehhh not quite. I was more responding to the bolded below.

Humankind IS special. You even noted that we are special in our capacity for destruction. However I also think we are special in our capacity for creativity.

I wouldn't say we are the most vicious though.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehhh not quite. I was more responding to the bolded below.

Humankind IS special. You even noted that we are special in our capacity for destruction. However I also think we are special in our capacity for creativity.

I wouldn't say we are the most vicious though.

Maaan, atom bombs and holocausts and littering?? Well to each their own I suppose.

Chthonic

Maaan, atom bombs and holocausts and littering?? Well to each their own I suppose.

Come on Johnny, don't just cherry pick the rare horrendous stuff...oh wait, it's not rare. :shock: Anyway my point is, concreting backyards, hating all landscaping except lawn and needing to build homes from boundary to boundary with a giant pond of chlorine bleach in the backyard are also crimes against the planet. Yep, we suck as a species.

Lark

The version of Satan in Le Vay's writing is the product of human, all too human rationalisations, perhaps its another step beyond literary portrayals of Satan in books like Paradise Lost because I dont believe that earlier or other characterisations of Satan could draw any support.

I reject Satan and all his works, I would encourage everyone else to aswell. Irrespective of what you think about God. Even if you are an athiest or materialist.