User Tag List

First 34567 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This thread kind of reminds me of this line I once heard in an Eyedea song. It also reminds me of the Faustian Pact in Faust's tale. But this quotation is kind of unique in that Eyedea, in my humble opinion, was a brilliant song writer. No doubt, he had read Faust....Sadly Eyedea overdosed and passed away at a very young age. If you like underground hip hop which borders on poetry I suggest you check it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing me that I was him" - Eyedea.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    P.S. @johnnyyukon I wasn't saying you were crying for attention... I was referring to Leveyan Satanism.
    Ach so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I thought the thread was a joke.

You've sized up the Le Vay script well too, its a lot like Ayn Rand, and its what I meant when I said it was literary satanism or a human, all to human rationalisation.

But you summarised it really well.
    It mostly is, but I have studied ALL religions and was obsessed with Demonology for about a year. And bought my first Occult book and a few Grimoires 12 years ago, at 18 years old.

I actually think there's a lot of truth in some of LeVay's writing. But as far as religion, I call myself nothing but a Human. Perhaps "I don't farkin' knowism" which is pretty close to agnosticism.

The system I have used and studied the longest and most consistently is The Tarot. As it is largely a well crafted Rorschach test that VERY often leads to great insights into my life.

I could care less if people want to criticize my weird beliefs (and I am NOT saying anyone has done that, just sayin') as Religion and Spirituality is a very personal thing.

That's why I can't frakin' stand proselytizers. None of what's in here, both satire and personal experiences, do I purport to impose on ANYONE. If I am asked, another story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    This thread kind of reminds me of this line I once heard in an Eyedea song. It also reminds me of the Faustian Pact in Faust's tale. But this quotation is kind of unique in that Eyedea, in my humble opinion, was a brilliant song writer. No doubt, he had read Faust....Sadly Eyedea overdosed and passed away at a very young age. If you like underground hip hop which borders on poetry I suggest you check it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing me that I was him" - Eyedea.
    Interesting, as I thought you were going for the "...convincing everyone he didn't exist."
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Anyway, Hail Satan!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Well dang, you just took the "shock" right outta my hilarious thread.

And surprised me again with the crazy shit you know
    Well thank you Sorry about the shock spoiler. At least it takes a few pages to get to

Also, cool about the Tarot. I have a deck and toy with them from time to time but am no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I thought the thread was a joke.

You've sized up the Le Vay script well too, its a lot like Ayn Rand, and its what I meant when I said it was literary satanism or a human, all to human rationalisation.

But you summarised it really well.
    Thank you! Yeah, Cimarron made that comparison too. It's very true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The similarity to Ayn Rand's objectivism is the main problem I have with LaVeyan Satanism. As a pretty liberal Christian I don't believe in a literal Satan so it's not shocking or scary to me to see people pretending to worship something that isn't real. No more so than the Flying Spaghetti Monster, really. Except I prefer the FSM's emphasis on science to the Satanists' emphasis on self.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The similarity to Ayn Rand's objectivism is the main problem I have with LaVeyan Satanism. As a pretty liberal Christian I don't believe in a literal Satan so it's not shocking or scary to me to see people pretending to worship something that isn't real. No more so than the Flying Spaghetti Monster, really. Except I prefer the FSM's emphasis on science to the Satanists' emphasis on self.
    Plus FSM has a beer volcano.

Ha, actually I've been majorly impressed with people's knowledge of LeVeyan's Satanism. I've mostly looked at the "scripture." Some truth there. And then the whole allure of the Occult thingy.

I mean, I assumed he was an asshole, but I'll have to look a little deeper. Maybe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Well thank you Sorry about the shock spoiler. At least it takes a few pages to get to

Also, cool about the Tarot. I have a deck and toy with them from time to time but am no expert.
    This is like, a website from the 90s, but it's also my #1 go-to for Tarot reference. Individual Tarot Cards

I've used many decks, but this is my fav: Legacy of the Divine Tarot

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    This is like, a website from the 90s, but it's also my #1 go-to for Tarot reference. Individual Tarot Cards

I've used many decks, but this is my fav: Legacy of the Divine Tarot
    sometimes those sites are better. They don't take long to load and they don't send your info out to random places and they usually are organized really well.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Hi ya Baby! Say what's cookin'?

johnnyyukon that's what.

Likes johnnyyukon liked this post