First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I don't believe in God, and I don't subscribe to any religion, but I haven't fully discounted the possibility of other things, other energies that science can't fully explain yet. The human mind has elevated us above mere animals, but is there potential above just being smarter?

I've experimented with magic in the past, to try to tap into such energies (with some skepticism) - what I found was either magic or self-coaching etc. That was a few years ago, now.
    I wish magic was real. Or that I knew how to access it, if it is real.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    That's what I'm trying to find out, it's an ongoing experiment!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    Magic is real. It's just not what you think it is.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Magic is real. It's just not what you think it is.
    What is your experience of magic? Just curious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    There’s more to it than that. Aside from the fact that the universe has been proven to have a definite beginning and is expanding leading to a definite end it is material. We know material things have a life cycle. Also the concept of a non-created God was ascribed those qualities long before it became convenient. The fact of the matter is anything that makes a claim to exists prior to the existence of the universe would need these qualities in light of what we know about the nature of the universe.

6 . Synthetic necessity obtains where a statement of the form “Necessarily p” (or “It cannot be that so-and-so”) is true and neither it, nor p, is analytic. For example, “Nothing can be green and red all over” is presumably a case of synthetic necessity if the concept of being not red is not contained in the concept of being green. “Necessarily, bachelors are unmarried”, on the other hand, is not a case of synthetic necessity because it is analytic that bachelors are unmarried.7-The Necessity of God’s Existence 1 Daniel von Wachter

Already addressed this

Occam's razor the fewer assumptions that are made, the better. I’d like to know what assumptions about the concept of God need to be made that a supposed Universe without God are not. We are not talking about a specific God or doctrine just the concept of a God that is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.
    The Universe has not been proven to have a beginning, rather a catalytic even from which spawned laws of physics etc etc, but the question of what caused that event is what's being discussed, not the event itself. So, this is hardly a "beginning", I mean, sure, it was the beginning of someone, but so was this morning's dawn, it's not relevant to the conversation. Material things of our experienced nature, or rather, within our current/local understanding of physics have a life cycle, that's entropy, so the things within a closed system devolve into chaos over time, yes, but we're not talking about these things, we're talking about the system, and the beginning of this system. You cannot attribute it or characterise it as a "material thing". The fact is that we have no idea what came before the Universe, what caused that event, we are all agnostic to it, and any assertion about the cause is one out of ignorance. All we know is that thing must have the capability to create the Universe, that's it, "omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience" are not required, therefore characterising the cause of the Universe as such is an unjustifiable assumption. Also, the assumptions made about the aforementioned God that are not necessarily applicable to the cause of the Universe, like I said before. The cause of the Universe needs only the capability to create the Universe, not any of the three traits that this mentioned God has. First of all, omnipotence means the capability to do all, omniscience is to be in every possible place, omniscience is to know every conceivable thing. Well, material cannot "know". Also, the only argument that can be made for "omnipotence" being applicable, is if you want to play a semantics game and imply that the "omni" means all in the Universe. Which would be a poor attempt.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

People are deeply uninspired in their pursuit for knowledge.

Which is fine and dandy, so long as you proclaim ignorance, as those seeking do.

I wanna be Jackie Onassis
    I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses
    I wanna be - Jackie O oh oh oh please don't die!

I should get out of bed...

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

To put it in the most stale way possible, I'd see magic as cause-and-effect where the relationship between 'cause' and 'effect' isn't readily apparent or solidified.

How the hell did the lady get sawed in half and still survive? How do presents get under the tree at Christmas? How did that cancer get into remission, despite all odds? What's in the "black box" between this particular sinusoidal signal and its pulsating output?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I absolutely believe the universe is intelligently benevolent because I don't have to be alive for ever.

I just have to struggle to stay alive as long as I can even though it would be easier to jump off the ledge and then die knowing I fought the good fight by carrying my own weight without ending it like a coward.

The boss man can't follow me into the after life. No sir. Souls without bodies cannot be slaves.

For that I'm thankful.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Imaging what you want to happen, and turning that into reality.

An oversimplification, but the practical gist.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Imaging what you want to happen, and turning that into reality.

An oversimplification, but the practical gist.
    This.

But I not as well versed in it as many of our NTJs seem to be.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield