First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    How does biblical history prove the existence of God? Most of it has little to no evidence, and the evidence that is usually expounded seems to be subject to confirmation bias more times than not. The existence of God is the single largest assumption one can make. You are saying that something infinitely more complex than the Universe exists. This requires a lot of justification in order for anyone to support its truth value, seeing as the God of the Bible is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. I've yet to hear anyone make an even somewhat competent argument for such a being.
    The existence of the universe or multiple universes is not a synthetic necessity. “Gods” that are not omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent cannot exist out of synthetic necessity, but the existence of an omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent God can. Anything that falls short of being omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent would create an infinite regress of events .The universe is finite, cannot exist out of synthetic necessity and would create an infinite regress. Thus, the universe begs the question of what caused it whereas synthetic necessities do not. So I would say it makes perfect sense to suppose that something more complex than the universe can exist and that it is likely.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

"The thread that never ends" lol. is that new? I like it.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Logical arguments don't cut it for me. People have argued for everything with logic. I want to know what reality will look like if there is a God (hopefully it would entail something more profound than a sense of satisfaction over having resolved a logical problem inside your head), and how that differs from a reality in which there is no God. Talk about how there would be an impossible infinite regress if there were no God doesn't help me do that. If something is impossible, it doesn't happen, period. A better starting point for establishing God's existence is to discuss the real impact that believing in God has on your life. Those are things that would not be happening in the way that they're happening in a universe where God doesn't exist in at least the same sense as a fairy or a unicorn exists.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well..
    Weather we believe or not
    Weather we’ve reached the conclusion or yet
    And no matter what our reasons are to have an opinion in this true or right
    Correct or not
    In the end the truth remains truth.
    In fact, we needn’t much to realise that there is a greater power.
    Logic> There are rules, and rules are made by the power of a party.
    Science> Universe AKA the perfect matter that was once got affected by a major power.. AFFECTED

There are many reasons and everything is actually a proof to Gods existence.
    What I’m saying
    Is that this beautiful detailed impressive things in the universe, and the beautiful meanings in life
    Are obviously NOT pointless and are more than a matter of survival
    It is not a circle we got around over and over, not a cycle
    It is a single push, there’s judgment after, there must be!
    In any case motion requires force.
    Either a single force or a major force than can hide the effect of other forces (control, matter of power)
    Anything with a beginning has an end, was once created and forced/brought to existence.

As the brilliant humans are not capable of running the whole universe.. There’s a creator and a programmer of all things.
    Most impressive part of this is,
    Again, if we choose to believe or not
    The truth remains the same

So as everyone has an opinion, and I said my own.
    Let’s stop wasting time in trying to convince others over and over
    This is rude.
    And bullying is way better [crime] than pushing people to believe what you believe in.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    Well..
    Weather we believe or not
    Weather we’ve reached the conclusion or yet
    And no matter what our reasons are to have an opinion in this true or right
    Correct or not
    In the end the truth remains truth.
    In fact, we needn’t much to realise that there is a greater power.
    Logic> There are rules, and rules are made by the power of a party.
    Science> Universe AKA the perfect matter that was once got affected by a major power.. AFFECTED

There are many reasons and everything is actually a proof to Gods existence.
    What I’m saying
    Is that this beautiful detailed impressive things in the universe, and the beautiful meanings in life
    Are obviously NOT pointless and are more than a matter of survival
    It is not a circle we got around over and over, not a cycle
    It is a single push, there’s judgment after, there must be!
    In any case motion requires force.
    Either a single force or a major force than can hide the effect of other forces (control, matter of power)
    Anything with a beginning has an end, was once created and forced/brought to existence.

As the brilliant humans are not capable of running the whole universe.. There’s a creator and a programmer of all things.
    Most impressive part of this is,
    Again, if we choose to believe or not
    The truth remains the same

So as everyone has an opinion, and I said my own.
    Let’s stop wasting time in trying to convince others over and over
    This is rude.
    And bullying is way better [crime] than pushing people to believe what you believe in.
    What this boils down to, is you're saying "god exists, I am right, and how dare you challenge me or anyone else who believes".

Yeah no, you don't get a free pass, the world does not work that way. Besides, you haven't proved anything by saying this.

Is it rude to question like this? Yeah. However, it's just as rude for you do assert what you're asserting. It goes both ways.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    What this boils down to, is you're saying "god exists, I am right, and how dare you challenge me or anyone else who believes".

Yeah no, you don't get a free pass, the world does not work that way. Besides, you haven't proved anything by saying this.

Is it rude to question like this? Yeah. However, it's just as rude for you do assert what you're asserting. It goes both ways.
    No,my friend..
    I’m saying, this is my opinion, I heard yours, let’s end the discussion and not try to convince each other. :)
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    No,my friend..
    I’m saying, this is my opinion, I heard yours, let’s end the discussion and not try to convince each other.
    Not quite yet, as I want to understand where you stand on this, and based off what I have heard you say in the past.

In the past, I have heard you say you believe your religious beliefs are the one true way, and that everyone should adhere to them since it is the "best" lifestyle to live under.

Since you are now saying that we should just not try to convince each other and leave each other alone, that says to me that you simply don't want people to talk about any of this in particular, so your views can stay unquestioned and in your eyes "right". The combination of these two speaks of an individual who wants to silence dissent or quiet questioning. The former of you saying "lets not try to question each other" is fine by itself. That's live and let live. However, combined with your stance you have expressed in the past changes that completely.

There is a difference between live and let live, and live but not want to let live. The latter of which is, in my view and quite a few others, not ok.

That said, if your view is that you genuinely do not want others of other views to not change what they do, how they live, and what they believe, then I will let this be and stop the discussion. The reason I bring this up is because I very strongly view the concept of religion as something that is purely individual and should not and can not extend beyond the self. To start applying it to others beyond you is profoundly unfair and illogical.

Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

This is well beyond my ability to understand. It combines two things I both really hate and struggle a lot with: math and philosophy. I'd have to have someone break this down for me. That, and because of how it's put together, I can't be arsed to try at the moment. I don't care enough.

As far as I am concerned I keep it simple: you can not prove god exists, and I follow occams' razor of in the absence of solid proof for an answer or explaination, the simplest one is most likely the correct one. The simplest is that god doesn't exist, and I have absolutely no reason to believe in it in the absence of solid evidence. Things that appear to be "godly" almost always can be explained rationally in reality. If they can't, usually enough time passes and we learn enough where we can.

The only thing that would change my tune is if there truly becomes solid evidence, which I sincerely doubt there ever will be.

Gödel's proof proves that a god so defined as in his argument is logically possible. It does not prove his existence, which, as Kant made clear, a mere argument will never do, because existence is not a proper predicate.
    Likes Cygnus, The Wailing Specter liked this post