User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Does God exist? Ask him yourself.

If I was God in the flesh and I loved you as you are and I healed you of your disease and I revealed the mysteries of the universe, would you still deny me? “His visage was so marred more than any man.” Isaiah 52:14...

If I walked with you now, would you harshly interrogate me, beat me up, spit on me, mock me, brutally whip me, and make me carry a cross to nail me down and leave me hanging for hours to suffer and die?

...you would. And I still love you with an everlasting love and continue my faithfulness to you.

Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."

Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."

Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light. The Bible does... God simply spoke.
    Do you think it is likely that the Christian Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang?

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Turns out the universe might have never had a beginning. It's new research of course so it's not certain, but it's a pretty good lead.

No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning
    Are you an astrophysicist?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

God is Real.

It doesn't matter if you believe in Him. It depends on who you are.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes SD45T-2, Mace liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

How does biblical history prove the existence of God? Most of it has little to no evidence, and the evidence that is usually expounded seems to be subject to confirmation bias more times than not. The existence of God is the single largest assumption one can make. You are saying that something infinitely more complex than the Universe exists. This requires a lot of justification in order for anyone to support its truth value, seeing as the God of the Bible is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. I've yet to hear anyone make an even somewhat competent argument for such a being.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    If you read the OT, you will see that the Biblical God has a suspiciously anthropomorphic personality (e.g. temper tantrums, and contradictary statements).
    "Man created God in his own image."

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    But for some reason there was a word on it in Latin which caught my eye and the word was 'Deus' which was followed by 'es verus.'

Which translates to 'God is real.'
    It could have said something like "Jews suck". What then? Would you have seen it as encouragement to become anti-semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    If anyone in this forum exists that can convince me (most people) that there is an almighty creator god who loves us all, it is you.
    Why do you want to be convinced?

Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light. The Bible does... God simply spoke.
    That is not an explanation, just wishful thinking. At least scientists admit it when we cannot (yet) explain something.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Passacaglia, Hard, Obsidius liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That is not an explanation, just wishful thinking. At least scientists admit it when we cannot (yet) explain something.
    There are exceptions to every rule. :S

What are my chances of having that message [your message] reworked and redelivered with more enthusiasm, vision, and overall, more Ne appeal?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There are exceptions to every rule. :S

What are my chances of having that message [your message] reworked and redelivered with more enthusiasm, vision, and overall, more Ne appeal?
    I couldn't say. If there's an Ne dom/aux in the area who shares a similar opinion, he/she might come up with something.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I couldn't say. If there's an Ne dom/aux in the area who shares a similar opinion, he/she might come up with something.
    I was aiming for something like that, but I'll settle for grins.

You're a very logical girl!

Default Modernity and MBTI

Modernity means searching for origins.

And for religion it means searching for the origin of a particular religion. And we find that the scholarly account of the origins of a particular religion and the religious account of the origin of their religion are quite different.

This discrepancy between religious myth and historical fact has been highly disturbing for religions.

The response of religions to modernity has veered between fundamentalism on one hand, and abandonment of religion on the other.

A search for the origins of mbti brings up the same discrepancy between what is said about mbti by practitioners and the historical facts.

And the response to modernity by mbti is almost the same as the religions.