• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We are nothing but a dream

imnotsure

Permabanned
MBTI Type
intp
So.... we are born into this world. We only have our own outlook. We can not see the world from someone else's perspective. Sure we can attempt to empathize or "put ourselves in their shoes" but ultimately every thing we think is a reflection upon ourselves. We are born with a notion that life means something. But eventually everything in the universe will decay all down to the last neutron. There will be no trace that there ever was anything here. This leaves one wondering ;did we ever actually exist? Has all this happened before? How does something appear from nothing? Is there a reason? What is the reason? Thoughts?

imnotsure

Permabanned
MBTI Type
intp
Sorry. I would true to articulate my thoughts a little better. But I kinda want to goto sleep

Nicodemus

E. A. P. beat you to it:

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow —
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I've thought about this before. Sort of like if the world was just a big simulation? None of my dreams are at all hyper-real......my dreams are weird for more than one reason.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"... We are such stuff
As dreams are made on
And our little life is rounded with a sleep."

Sleep well, dear departed OP.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a wonderful playground
This world around
You and me

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I've thought about this before. Sort of like if the world was just a big simulation? None of my dreams are at all hyper-real......my dreams are weird for more than one reason.

Make you wonder who the main character is, because once he/she/it dies, the simulation is over and the whole thing starts again.

Mole

Permabanned
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

A dream within a dream is a trance within a trance. And to obtain a trance within a trance, first we enter trance A, then within trance A we enter trance B. And so then we have a trance within a trance.

We can iterate trances within trances, with trance B within trance A, and trance C within trance B, and trance D within trance C. So then we have four trances nestling within each other like Russian dolls.

The interesting effect at fourth level trance is that we loose the ability to distinquish between reality and imagination, and so everything we experience in fourth level trance appears to us to be reality.

So for instance those who believe the consecrated Host at Mass is the literal body of Jesus are in a fourth level trance. And those who not only worship a God in Voodoo but become the God, are in a fourth level trance. So most religious experience is in a fourth level trance.

Mbti itself induces a level 1 trance, but as we get deeper into mbti we add more trances until mbti appears to be describing reality.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.
I've spent so many years in question
to find I've known this all along.

Mole

Permabanned
Recurring, and what purpose do recurring dreams serve?

Recurring dreams entrance us, as any repetition will entrance us.

Actual mystics not only entrance themselves, but they are also suprisingly practical people in touch with reality.

So to entrance oneself without the corresponding discipline of reality is to betray the best in ourselves and others.

And this is what we do with mbti.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dream a dirty dream of you baby
You're crawling on the bathroom floor,
You float around the room and you're naked,
Then you're flying out the bedroom door,
I dream a dirty dream
I dream a dirty dream ...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If our perspective is so detached from the march of entropy, in such a sublime way, why not say... We are everything, a dream!

Mole

Permabanned
The Almighty and the Diffident

Almighty God. :heart:

Well may we worship the God of Skinny-Love, called Almighty God, but some of us worship the God of Moles, called the Diffident God.

Some of us want to be almighty like Skinny-Love, and as we become what we worship, it is entirely appropriate to worship Almighty God. Indeed there are times I am tempted myself.

But then I look down at my little paws, look down my little nose at my whiskers, and say to myself Mole, you live underground, and so your place is underground, there is no room underground for almighty. So I sigh, brush my velvet fur coat, and return to my diffident life and my personality, underground.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well may we worship the God of Skinny-Love, called Almighty God, but some of us worship the God of Moles, called the Diffident God.

Some of us want to be almighty like Skinny-Love, and as we become what we worship, it is entirely appropriate to worship Almighty God. Indeed there are times I am tempted myself.

But then I look down at my little paws, look down my little nose at my whiskers, and say to myself Mole, you live underground, and so your place is underground, there is no room underground for almighty. So I sigh, brush my velvet fur coat, and return to my diffident life and my personality, underground.

Who will pipe you to the gates of dawn if you hide underground, Mole?