User Tag List

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Psychological damage caused by bullying on the internet.

I wanted to start a thread where we could post literature and discuss the nature of bullying over the internet. It was prompted by this video with Monica, who I admire in that she is being proactive about this serious issue which has lead to suicides and propagated a stream of violence in our society.

I'd like to keep this conversation impersonal as possible to protect all of the correspondents from potential bullying. Thank you in advance.

-Garrot.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Cyberstalking...an interesting but scary new social development is when a stalker follows someone from thread to thread and attempts to humiliate, debase them, or trace their ip adress to gather information. I'm posting this wikepedia article in case anyone is interested in reading about this issue.

It should be noted that the Wikipedia article does a good job of organizing itself to demonstrate the variable attitudes towards cyberstalking based different areas and organizations. I particularly like the bullet points presented from CyberAngels.

many of these terms and lists include the idea that humiliating people for their opinions is considered a form of stalking.

Cyberstalking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.