• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychological damage caused by bullying on the internet.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wanted to start a thread where we could post literature and discuss the nature of bullying over the internet. It was prompted by this video with Monica, who I admire in that she is being proactive about this serious issue which has lead to suicides and propagated a stream of violence in our society.

I'd like to keep this conversation impersonal as possible to protect all of the correspondents from potential bullying. Thank you in advance.

-Garrot.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Cyberstalking...an interesting but scary new social development is when a stalker follows someone from thread to thread and attempts to humiliate, debase them, or trace their ip adress to gather information. I'm posting this wikepedia article in case anyone is interested in reading about this issue.

It should be noted that the Wikipedia article does a good job of organizing itself to demonstrate the variable attitudes towards cyberstalking based different areas and organizations. I particularly like the bullet points presented from CyberAngels.

many of these terms and lists include the idea that humiliating people for their opinions is considered a form of stalking.

Cyberstalking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia