User Tag List

123 Last

A wannabe dog

Default Does your energy ever get drained around certain people?

Do you find your energy getting drained around certain people?

Why does this happen? What is the phenomenon behind this? Sometimes, I will encounter someone who seems like a nice person on the surface, but after interacting with them, I start feeling very agitated and upset. Why do I feel this way after interacting with them?

Like I have a teacher who seems like a nice person on the surface, he is always asking questions about my life, always showing concern for me, but I don't know why, after every interaction with him, my energy start getting sapped out and I start feeling very agitated and upset with him.

What does this feeling mean? Why does my energy get drained whenever I am around him?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

No.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    No.

Not sure why but I seemed to feel vibes from people everywhere I go. There are some people who energised me, and then there are others who drained me. I wonder why I feel this way.
    Could my subconscious be trying to tell me something? If I feel energized around someone, is it because they are a good-hearted person deep down? If I feel drained around someone, is it because they have some evil intentions toward me that I am unaware about? For example, I always feel emotionally drained around that particular teacher of mine, is it because deep down he actually dislike me and my subconscious actually managed to feel it? Then I have one classmate of mine who is always nice to me on the surface but I always felt cautious around her for some reason.
    My energy didn't exactly get drained by her, but I've always felt uneasy around her. I wonder why I feel this way around her.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Not sure why but I seemed to feel vibes from people everywhere I go. There are some people who energised me, and then there are others who drained me. I wonder why I feel this way.
    Could my subconscious be trying to tell me something? If I feel energized around someone, is it because they are a good-hearted person deep down? If I feel drained around someone, is it because they have some evil intentions toward me that I am unaware about? For example, I always feel emotionally drained around that particular teacher of mine, is it because deep down he actually dislike me and my subconscious actually managed to feel it? Then I have one classmate of mine who is always nice to me on the surface but I always felt cautious around her for some reason.
    My energy didn't exactly get drained by her, but I've always felt uneasy around her. I wonder why I feel this way around her.
    It's because you're insecure, don't know yourself nearly as well as you think, and are excessively suspicious of others (i.e. paranoid).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Enneagram
    9w1

There are certain people who just make me feel so lifeless. I'm normally really low energy and I like to relax, so I despise it and feel drained when I'm with a person who just seems to require energy to interact with. It's like they're forcibly dragging the energy out of me.
    But then there are other people who are kind of relaxed and they slowly bring my energy out and then I feel like a goofball around them. This doesn't happen all the time; my best friend and I are low energy and sometimes we'll spend hours together just laying down doing our own thing and not even say a word to each other.
    It's mostly just a personality thing for me.

I'm always kind of skeptical of subconscious detection of other's true intentions. I just don't really see it as a thing. I can easily read people's expressions, tone, and body language, but all of that is explainable.
    But hey, maybe you do just get bad vibes, y'know?
    Please, don't wake me
    no, don't shake me

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    There are certain people who just make me feel so lifeless. I'm normally really low energy and I like to relax, so I despise it and feel drained when I'm with a person who just seems to require energy to interact with. It's like they're forcibly dragging the energy out of me.

But then there are other people who are kind of relaxed and they slowly bring my energy out and then I feel like a goofball around them.
    It seems to me that many of us wear a mask or a personality in order to do our job. This means we are cut off from our natural feelings. And being cut off from our natural feelings we tend to cut others off from their natural feelings. And when we are cut off from our natural feelings, we feel drained.

On the other hand some of us are delightfully in touch with our natural feelings, and we tend to call forth the natural feelings of others. When this happens, we feel enlivened, playful and happy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Do you find your energy getting drained around certain people?

Why does this happen? What is the phenomenon behind this? Sometimes, I will encounter someone who seems like a nice person on the surface, but after interacting with them, I start feeling very agitated and upset. Why do I feel this way after interacting with them?

Like I have a teacher who seems like a nice person on the surface, he is always asking questions about my life, always showing concern for me, but I don't know why, after every interaction with him, my energy start getting sapped out and I start feeling very agitated and upset with him.

What does this feeling mean? Why does my energy get drained whenever I am around him?
    Sounds like something you may want to introspect about. I suspect this has nothing to do with the people in question, and everything to do with you.

Do you react that way whenever people you don't know that well try to get close to you?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sounds like something you may want to introspect about. I suspect this has nothing to do with the people in question, and everything to do with you.

Do you react that way whenever people you don't know that well try to get close to you?

It depends on how they try to get close to me.

My teacher just seems like a very shady type of person. Always asking me all sorts of personal questions.
    He asks me what I do in my free time, he asks me what job I work, he asks me why I appear to have a poor memory at times, and he also asks me whether I have any illness.
    His questions made me feel really uncomfortable, no other teachers has ever tried to "connect" with me until this extent. And also, when I asked him why he asked me those questions, he just replied "nothing".
    And btw, I know this isn't type related but I just wanna add that this teacher of mine is an INTP if I didn't type him wrongly. I actually feel more comfortable around my ENTJ teacher than this INTP teacher of mine. My ENTJ teacher can be blunt at times but at least he keeps everything professional and he doesn't try to probe too much into my personal life, unlike my INTP teacher, who always ask me a bunch of probing questions and make me feel really uncomfortable.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

A feeling of intrusion? That can be pretty draining.

The truly empathetic have a sense of when they're about to cross the line.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Destiny, windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It depends on how they try to get close to me.

My teacher just seems like a very shady type of person. Always asking me all sorts of personal questions.
    He asks me what I do in my free time, he asks me what job I work, he asks me why I appear to have a poor memory at times, and he also asks me whether I have any illness.
    His questions made me feel really uncomfortable, no other teachers has ever tried to "connect" with me until this extent. And also, when I asked him why he asked me those questions, he just replied "nothing".
    And btw, I know this isn't type related but I just wanna add that this teacher of mine is an INTP if I didn't type him wrongly. I actually feel more comfortable around my ENTJ teacher than this INTP teacher of mine. My ENTJ teacher can be blunt at times but at least he keeps everything professional and he doesn't try to probe too much into my personal life, unlike my INTP teacher, who always ask me a bunch of probing questions and make me feel really uncomfortable.
    The bolded really doesn't seem shady to me at all. Sounds like a friendly teacher who cares about you and is concerned for your well-being. So I agree with Hard that you're being unduly suspicious.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post