User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Those were different species, not different members of the same.
    I just wanted to come up with a clever reply to you. That is all.

Anyway, does nature encouragers variations, especially at such larger levels (extroverts and i troverts have a approximate 50% division).

Maybe if tbe variation is much lesz - 10% - we could have asumed that nature was cooking something.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I don't consider myself as a social creature !!

I am a sensitive upright human being with (a few) social skills.

In other words, a wild beast for anyone only viewing himself/herself as "a social creature".
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I just wanted to come up with a clever reply to you. That is all.
    It almost worked. You should have agreed with me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Anyway, does nature encouragers variations, especially at such larger levels (extroverts and i troverts have a approximate 50% division).

Maybe if tbe variation is much lesz - 10% - we could have asumed that nature was cooking something.
    This is a telling example of language leading us astray from fact. The metaphor of 'nature' as an agent allows you to let nature do something of her own accord. Of course, nature does not exist as such an entity or agent; it is the name we give to a vast net of interconnected forces at work in the world. The truth is, nature doesn't do shit. But things happen.

Diversity is stronger than homogeneity because different individuals have different genetic makeups, which makes them stronger in some aspects and weaker in others. A new evolutionary challenge, a virus for instance, that threatens to kill all the extroverts because it affects some gene that is pronounced in them but lacking in introverts, favors the introverts, while college parties, on the other hand, put them at a disadvantage. The ambivert offspring they produce together is more likely to survive both, sustaining the group or species, which is precisely what nature 'encourages'.

I do not think that the extrovert/introvert variation is any larger than what we can find in height (Goliath/Tiny Tim), color (Miles Davis/Carrot Top), voice level (James Earl Jones/kyuuei), artistic ability (Rembrandt/Nicodemus) or intelligence (Einstein/YouTube commentators).
    Likes Glint liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

we are social creatures. it doesn't mean every one of us likes to socialize but think about it was kind of used to need to rely on each other for our survival we've always lived in at least in small clans, so yeah we are social creatures. Because someone doesn't like to socialize doesn't make it less true. if we weren't social creatures our children would be born fully able to take care of themselves out of eggs. so even on a biological level we are, and if we were we'd have died out cuz no parent would have stuck around and raised their child
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Hitoshi-San, Glint liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It almost worked. You should have agreed with me, though.

This is a telling example of language leading us astray from fact. The metaphor of 'nature' as an agent allows you to let nature do something of her own accord. Of course, nature does not exist as such an entity or agent; it is the name we give to a vast net of interconnected forces at work in the world. The truth is, nature doesn't do shit. But things happen.

Diversity is stronger than homogeneity because different individuals have different genetic makeups, which makes them stronger in some aspects and weaker in others. A new evolutionary challenge, a virus for instance, that threatens to kill all the extroverts because it affects some gene that is pronounced in them but lacking in introverts, favors the introverts, while college parties, on the other hand, put them at a disadvantage. The ambivert offspring they produce together is more likely to survive both, sustaining the group or species, which is precisely what nature 'encourages'.

I do not think that the extrovert/introvert variation is any larger than what we can find in height (Goliath/Tiny Tim), color (Miles Davis/Carrot Top), voice level (James Earl Jones/kyuuei ), artistic ability (Rembrandt/Nicodemus) or intelligence (Einstein/YouTube commentators).
    Mentions @kyuuei

Anyway, i don't disagree with you. Knows very little on evolution. Should read richard dawkins.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

People need each other to some extent - they would go crazy. You don't stick a person in an isolated area for twenty years and expect them to come out sane. No matter how introverted they are, they need to be around other humans and just hear them talk and interact.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

We are meaning creating animals and we mirror one another. So we create and mirror meaning. So we can't do without each other.

MBTI
    INFJ

Where solitude endeth, the market place begins.

We'll you're on the internet, one of the many products we enjoy from inventions produced by fellow humans to improve our lives, the service is continually being provided to you based on some agreed exchange rate you (or your parents) made with a company, and you are using the internet to communicate with other people.

Just on that one example, you have at least 3 supporting statements which exemplify yourself as a social creature.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram

Most are I guess, but some are completely happy alone.