• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soul recognition

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Has anyone here ever experienced this feelings?

Have you ever met someone for the first time, and you just instinctively knew that this person is gonna play a huge role in your life?

á´…eparted

passages
Yes. But I have also felt it with just as many (if not more) and it never pans out. I kinda regard it as a meaningless feeling at the end of the day. Though it does make me pay closer attention and put in more effort.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
A little bit. I would never use a term as lofty as "soul recognition", but I've definitely had good feelings about certain people I meet.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I was younger, I'd occasionally see a stranger and think, "Wow, we could be really good friends." It would come out of nowhere. Something in their body language, expressions, and overall demeanor made me think that. Of course, I didn't initiate conversations with them. The only time I spoke with someone who gave me that feeling, we did go on to become friends.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

YES. A BIG YES. I feel that soul mates can be friends or lovers. They do have a role to play in our life.

4 times until now in "my small life".

The 1st time it happened to me (my actual best friend) told me before leaving :
"I'm sure we'll meet again". His look was very caring. As if it was a member of my family, or even much better !
He was both very sad (to leave) and extremely happy.
And I can say he is not at all the kind of guy of being sure of anything !!!

I knew he was kindly, curious about me in a nice way, and no goal oriented.
The feeling is the following :
somebody who welcomes you and feels attracted by you,
and wanna protect you almost IMMEDIATELY. Beyond nice or ugly apparences.
You feel you've always known each other. Very strange when you never felt it...
It is a particularly intense feeling. You trust him almost straight away and the person feels exactly the same.

I am very much in touch with them (4 boys).

This has obviously nothing to do with love at 1st sight (focused on physical appearance and -sexual- chemistry) !

As a rational, I tried to understand what was happening at this moment without any answer.:shrug::unsure:
Unless I got the non down-to-earth answer:heart:

Call it love if you want. Or sx craziness ! But YES, I do believe in Twin flames and soul mates.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's more of a combination of knowing that someone seems important enough and vice versa, then one or both of you facilitating it, whether consciously or not.

Nothing spiritual from my perspective, but it happens.

Pinker85

Maybe? People with kindness and love I'm going to be drawn to. People I feel in some way I understand I'm going to be drawn to. In general I'm drawn to everyone, I'm not that picky, heck the real question is if they will put up with me. :p

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. But then, when these relationships end, they crash the hardest.