User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe ghosts are real?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 4.35%
  • No

13 56.52%
  • I'm not sure.

9 39.13%
First 12345 Last

You can take authority over unfriendly ghosts, as I described earlier, but I forgot to mention an important step. I want to make sure everyone stays safe, so make sure you pray for a hedge of protection before you begin commanding them to go. God *will* protect you, but you must pray for him to send a hedge of angels to protect you in battle. Don't try to have a conversation with the things, don't get angry and challenge them, just keep commanding them in the name of Jesus to go. Don't back down.

P.S., Stay away from Ouija boards. If you do it anyway and beasts come through, just remember the simple instructions above.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I want to go to this cemetery in Vermont & conduct a séance.
    Anyone care to join?

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Video liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Yeah, I agree it's unlikely to be aliens messing with us for sport; it's more likely time traveling ESFPs.

Electronic voice phenomena (EVPs) and ghost studies.

PHOTONIC MEASUREMENT OF APPARENT PRESENCE OF SPIRIT USING A COMPUTER AUTOMATED SYSTEM
    Was that an intentional joke? If so LOL. Even then, it's not the unlikelyness of aliens messing with us for sport. It's many many larger steps down from that (that idea is an even higher level of complexity), but just the sheer odds of another lifeform being able to make it here.

As for the paper, it's a single author, in super low impact journal (it's not even 1). Hardly worth considering. Further the journal itself seems, well rather hokey and I suspect it's rather disregarded and not taken seriously in its field given all these factors. What would be much more interesting is if physicists were to analyze this and preform the experiment. I am almost certain they would have an explanation for this. I can't offer one because it's not my field.

Something is amiss here. We know that roughly 40% of Americans believe in ghosts and while I know that this forum isn't exactly representative of the general population, I still expect a couple of "yes" responses to the poll (especially given the greater proportion of INFJs here). I suspect that many are afraid to admit they believe in ghosts for fear of ridicule. It's a private poll; don't be scared.
    It's a very small sample size, and given the active memberbase here, it's not a susprising result. I would not guess the majority here would be believe in ghosts. Besides, this forum isn't representive of a general population even slightly. To suggest people are hiding that's well, almost like trying to get the data to fit the hypothesis.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

This effect is very easy to replicate, even with film cameras, if your camera is high-quality enough.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

If we can understand that a person who has sustained severe brain damage in a car wreck is not floating around somewhere with their personality fully intact, why would we expect that a person who has undergone the even more severe brain damage involved in death to be floating around somewhere? When the parts of you that store and process information about reality are scrambled up, removed, or destroyed, there's no more reason to think that the information remains intact and functional than there is to think that a book torn to shreds and scattered to the winds remains intact and functional.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    If we can understand that a person who has sustained severe brain damage in a car wreck is not floating around somewhere with their personality fully intact, why would we expect that a person who has undergone the even more severe brain damage involved in death to be floating around somewhere? When the parts of you that store and process information about reality are scrambled up, removed, or destroyed, there's no more reason to think that the information remains intact and functional than there is to think that a book torn to shreds and scattered to the winds remains intact and functional.
    Humans are very, very complex creatures. We seem to be body, soul, and spirit. The soul is what seems to animate the body and give us our personality. I believe we will absolutely take our personality and memories with us when we die, despite any damage to our physical brain and body.

Our soul likely has three components: mind, will, and emotions. Our mind has a conscious component and a subconscious component. The conscious is where we do our thinking and reasoning. The sub-conscious is where we hold our beliefs and attitudes. It’s also where we have our feeling, our emotions and retain our memories. Our will is what gives us the ability to make choices. Through a very complex way, our mind, our will and our emotions are connected to the body through our endocrine, nervous and immune systems.

There's a free online book by Watchman Nee called The Spiritual Man, you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Many people have claimed to have had out-of-body experiences while their body was in a state of unconsciousness. Some have recalled details that would seemingly corroborate that claim. Similarly, remote-viewing experiments have been conducted on individuals who demonstrated remarkable accuracy at describing unknown locations from a distance. This was exploited heavily by both the axis and allies during WWII for intelligence purposes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Because they suffer from hallucinations and/or retarded religious beliefs.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris
    When the parts of you that store and process information about reality are scrambled up, removed, or destroyed, there's no more reason to think that the information remains intact and functional than there is to think that a book torn to shreds and scattered to the winds remains intact and functional.
    Some people (I read something about Nicola Tesla getting some of his ideas through meditation.) believe that all knowledge is stored in a mass consciousness that can be accessed. Look up Akashic records.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ti

The mind naturally tries to find human faces. It is instinctive to connect by anthropomorphizing our environment as well as the desire make our existence infinite in some way through this idea that our consciousness will thrive after our physical bodies will (no doubt) naturally succumb to death and decay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't take life so seriously. It's not like you're going to get out alive.