• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Past Lives Real?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. I've heard stories about it before. I have always, ALWAYS wondered why sometimes I have that extreme sense of déjà vu where I see places and objects I have never seen before in my life, and it frustrates me because there's a familiar feel to them.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Voltaire: It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would make a certain sense. I believe it.

When you consider quantum theory, lots of unusual things seem possible. And this would just be a natural cycle in another unperceived form.

So, why not?

á´…eparted

passages
It would make a certain sense. I believe it.

When you consider quantum theory, lots of unusual things seem possible. And this would just be a natural cycle in another unperceived form.

So, why not?

"Quantum" is thrown around more than vintage dresses in a drag queens wardrobe to "justify" spiritual claims. That's not how it works, and is nothing more than a perversion of what actual quantum physics/chemistry is. It's a complete misuse of the term in every which way.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you presume to know? Everything is energy and interconnected like a web through pathways of which could be traversed or manipulated. It all enforces how karmic and reincarnation concepts could work theoretically. Your strong solid denial of such doesn't merit anything.

But you are welcome to explain your personal view.

á´…eparted

passages
How do you presume to know? Everything is energy and interconnected like a web through pathways of which could be traversed or manipulated. It all enforces how karmic and reincarnation concepts could work theoretically. Your strong solid denial of such doesn't merit anything.

But you are welcome to explain your personal view.

Prove it. Oh, that's right, you can't. Hence your claim is unsubstantiating and meaningless.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Prove it. Oh, that's right, you can't. Hence your claim is unsubstantiating and meaningless.

Surely you can do an unbiased research for yourself, if you are so unfamiliar with the concept.

My "claim" is no more meaningless than you thinking you're right and attacking it's integrity. You speak as if you know something factual, but you do not. I speak of a very real theoretical possibility that shouldn't be so hastily discarded because your Ego refuses to even consider it.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I already had the feeling of "oh God ! I have been here..once upon a time...".

I can't explain why, but it is a really deep feeling, not something coming from your imagination, it is rather a gut feeling/.

So, some explanation please ?

Reincarnation is the cornerstone of hinduism. Vicious circle of samsara...

To break up this circle, the hinduist has to live into perfect harmony so that his karma be at the end neither positive nor negative. The purpose is to reach unity between individual soul and cosmic soul.

Karma means "action" in sanskrit, cause and effect, we all choose our experiences to live before our birth !

So....incredible hè ? :newwink:

Reminiscence is what remains at the present moment from our past life.

Fears, talents, love for a country, subjects, languages, and even persons, past lives are sometimes the origin of a great passion to live here and now !

So... Déjà vu ? :smile:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
banniere_reminiscence.jpg

I do remember this perfume now :happy2::happy2::happy2:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps time is flowing backwards.

Well, if you're looking back at the past, time slips past you to the future...?

- - - Updated - - -

It would make a certain sense. I believe it. When you consider quantum theory, lots of unusual things seem possible. And this would just be a natural cycle in another unperceived form.

So, why not?

Does quantum work on the macro level like that?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Brain Facts.org: 'What causes deja vu.' http://www.brainfacts.org/about-neuroscience/ask-an-expert/articles/2014/what-causes-deja-vu/

How Stuff Works covers some of the 40 different theories (most of those "theories" however rely on the supernatural) on 'How Deja Vu Works': How Déjà Vu Works - HowStuffWorks

Science Daily, "The Psychology of Deja Vu.": http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081118122146.htm

TL;DR Deja Vu = Your brain misfiring, 60-70% of us report experiencing it at some point.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's possible to gain an understanding of someone who lived before. Certain individuals can leap out as making sense to you. This isn't the same thing as literally being a reincarnation of that person.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Surely you can do an unbiased research for yourself, if you are so unfamiliar with the concept.

My "claim" is no more meaningless than you thinking you're right and attacking it's integrity. You speak as if you know something factual, but you do not. I speak of a very real theoretical possibility that shouldn't be so hastily discarded because your Ego refuses to even consider it.

Hello,

I suspect Hard was using this line of thinking; "When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

When someone then asks you to disprove their claim that has no evidence presented you are doing two things; 1) burden shifting https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof 2) asking someone to prove a negative, which can't be done.

With that out of the way...

So, why not?

What Hard was doing was requesting evidence in order to evaluate your claim, followed by his reason for rejecting your claim, lack of evidence.