User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Yeah, I came to this line of reasoning the last time I pondered the subject. Population has only *grown*, how the hell is that possible?
    There is, however, a fantasy or maybe curiosity of mine as to whether our genetics somehow predispose us to identify a deep appreciation or maybe 'deja vu' like experience for ancestral homelands, or something that looks vaguely similar, which is something that could plausibly be sent forward in time with us (a genetic predisposition to enjoy mountains, particularly of a certain general size + color/foliage mix, for example). I'm willing to bet it's a bunk theory but it's one I fancy.
    But the experiences of past lives I've seen are detailed accounts (by kids) of actual lives lived, surroundings, people around them etc. I doubt DNA can store that.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    But the experiences of past lives I've seen are detailed accounts (by kids) of actual lives lived, surroundings, people around them etc. I doubt DNA can store that.
    Agreed. BS-o-meter pegged...
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp None

The idea kind of spooks me.. lol. But the idea of resurrection that windoverlake said, would be interesting. But-- ehh.. Honestly, the boy could've heard the story from somewhere. I'm skeptical.

Hmm.. I don't think hinduism has the full story of what really happens, but I like the concept of it. I don't believe in Karma though. I think that's bullshit. No offense and sorry if I did offend you. I think they'll be a scientific explanation for this. The idea of having past lives seems too mystical. Some possible explanations could be like, passed down information in the brain; like maybe it was stored in the brain and passed down to the child. Not a scientist, but it seems plausible, especially since we haven't yet uncovered all the secrets of the brain.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There is a tv series about this phenomenon called "The ghost in my child" on the LMN channel; episodes are on youtube. For those who want to read more about the subject, I'd recommend Brian Weiss' books; he's a hypnotherapist who's conducted (allegedly) thousands of past life regression sessions.

The answer to the population conundrum from believers like Weiss is that souls exist on other worlds, other timelines, and souls can be split in the same timeline.

I'm agnostic on the subject but I prefer this idea to a resurrection and judgement.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes TheUnknown liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know. A few years ago if you started to tell me about your pasts lives, you would've received a snort of derision for your time. However, I've gotten to know two people who remember fragments from previous lives. I have a great deal of respect for both of them, they're some of the most insightful and intelligent people I've ever met. Neither one seems like the person to make up fantasies to make their lives more interesting. And they both work in very practical areas (one is a surgeon, the other an engineer). So it's not like they're mystics making up bullshit to sell you crystals.

Still, I remain skeptical of the idea myself. I'm open to the possibility, but I need something more than anecdotal evidence to take it more seriously.
    Likes TheUnknown liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    There is a tv series about this phenomenon called "The ghost in my child" on the LMN channel; episodes are on youtube. For those who want to read more about the subject, I'd recommend Brian Weiss' books; he's a hypnotherapist who's conducted (allegedly) thousands of past life regression sessions.

The answer to the population conundrum from believers like Weiss is that souls exist on other worlds, other timelines, and souls can be split in the same timeline.

I'm agnostic on the subject but I prefer this idea to a resurrection and judgement.
    I've seen the show, as well. There was a child speaking russian that was never taught russian.

The child appeared to see and hear into the spiritual realm (that's all around us). Some have a gift and get a glimpse. Some have spirits attached to them.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post