User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They are completely real, to me. I find concepts like dharma and karma immensely useful in dealing with the consequences of my past lives. Like the little 15 year old me who did everything it took to get out of his shitty life. Like the supremely irresponsible 19 year old me who had a lot of resources of his disposal and left me with a legacy to deal with, even though I'm not sure what exactly happened to that bastard. He certainly isn't who I am, but somehow I've inherited the fallout of his problems. The universe is mysterious that way.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

past lives could be real and it is could be shown in our dreams and we could be looking into someones the eyes of someone. our ancestors could be living their lives through
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I think past lives are real, but that's just my opinion.
    Likes TheUnknown, Fate liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yes, I believe past lives are real. And thanks for sharing the video; I hadn't seen it before. I'm convinced that Cameron did indeed live on the island of Barra in his last incarnation.
    "Some would say that extended meaningful conversation is a thing of the past. But they'd say it more quickly." (Tom Morris)
    Likes TheUnknown liked this post

I'm leaning to that there is a past life, than that there isn't. I don't know if Cameron's sudden sadness/quietness was a moment of sacredness or sheer disappointment.
    Likes TheUnknown liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm confused as to how this would work. If we all had past lives then with an ever-increasing population where would we get our souls from? Really well behaved animals? Or is there like some waiting period, your soul sits in some waiting office until a suitable vessel becomes available. Or do souls get duplicated or something? Who oversees it all? Who makes sure two souls don't get reincarnated into one body etc?

Reincarnation is a nice thing to think about, a comforting idea just like any concept of the afterlife. It is also really far-fetched.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

In the sense most people mean (ie: i remember being Napoleon) there's no evidence backing it up as far as I know.
    So I'm not sure why people are still discussing it..?

To me people discussing things with no backing what so ever in observable reality as if it was somewhat a serious topic of discussion is akin to people standing in front of empty air and discussing how to decorate that wall, in front of them. (though people do that when planning the future but u know what i mean)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I'm confused as to how this would work. If we all had past lives then with an ever-increasing population where would we get our souls from? Really well behaved animals? Or is there like some waiting period, your soul sits in some waiting office until a suitable vessel becomes available. Or do souls get duplicated or something? Who oversees it all? Who makes sure two souls don't get reincarnated into one body etc?

Reincarnation is a nice thing to think about, a comforting idea just like any concept of the afterlife. It is also really far-fetched.
    Yeah. I've never been sure how to reconcile 'past lives'/reincarnation with population growth. Do some past lives exist on a different plane (e.g. as Asura, Animal, Preta, Narka)? Do some souls just hang around until it's time for them to be born for the first time, effectively leading to a population growth? Could our souls multiply when we die? Could the essence of a soul be captured in multiple people?

Then again, I haven't looked too deeply into the whole thing. It might've been answered already.
    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    In the sense most people mean (ie: i remember being Napoleon) there's no evidence backing it up as far as I know.
    Creepy coincidences, especially those witnessed first-hand, make for pretty convincing 'evidence' of things. We humans love to find patterns in the universe. How can we explain supposed familiarity with situations, objects, and people who lived well before our time? Well, we had past lives. Bam.

That's pretty much it.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE

I refuse to believe in past lives because there's no way I'm doing this **** again.
    9w1 5w6 2w3 SO/SX
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post

Yeah, I came to this line of reasoning the last time I pondered the subject. Population has only *grown*, how the hell is that possible?
    There is, however, a fantasy or maybe curiosity of mine as to whether our genetics somehow predispose us to identify a deep appreciation or maybe 'deja vu' like experience for ancestral homelands, or something that looks vaguely similar, which is something that could plausibly be sent forward in time with us (a genetic predisposition to enjoy mountains, particularly of a certain general size + color/foliage mix, for example). I'm willing to bet it's a bunk theory but it's one I fancy.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so